Dogon Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Would you be interested in the Species if it was Reopened?

Yes! Please Reopen Dogons!
100%
Maybe, depending on if something changes- Please message me or post here what you would like to see changed
No votes
No, I am not interested in the species anymore
No votes
Other- Please message me or post here what you think
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: Dogon Fanclub

Postby BecNessMonster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 am

So after forever I finnaly decided on my myo design!
Everyone welcome Marcellus (goes by Shiro)
She is a lovely white witch of magic and is currently looking for a dogon to take up as an apprentice to teach magic to! So go check out her page for a chance for your dogon to learn magic!

Also I am going to draw a few adopts today! I am looking for some ideas for #100 though! So pm me some ideas that you would like to see on #100! Or just general design ideas that you would like to see!
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BecNessMonster » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am

(Sorry for the double post but this place is pretty quiet rip)

I am offering some free art, I know i have some growths to get done but I have created a tiny base that I want to use some more
Pm me with a link to max 2 dogons each and I shall get to work on making a tiny pixel of them!

Also keep your eyes peeled! I have just finished designing dogons 99-101 and they should be posted soon!

Also on another note how about some questions to liven this place up!
Code: Select all
[b]What is you dogons favourite food?:[/b]

[b]What are you dogons hobbies!:[/b]
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -chirp- » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi there! Since it's such a special event with adopts #99-#101 I decided to give out free headshots of *your dogon*. The first five people to pm me with there character will get a headshot!
(sorry for no examples, you just gotta trust me one this one XD I just got a graphic drawing tablet and I need some practice!)
-chirp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:37 am

LONG BUT IMPORTANT POST

Hey Everyone!
I posted this in the main thread as well but I just wanted to let you know that there have been some slight changes with the format and rules! I will go more into detail about each section here than on the main thread so be sure to message me if you have any questions or concerns!

The following is the complete set of rules for the species:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
General Rules:
*Failure to comply may lead to warnings, strikes or bans from the species*
-This is a closed species so you may not create your own
-They may be used off site as long as you credit and link back to the main thread and artists who designed them
-If you do not wish to keep your dogon anymore, or wish to gift it to another user, you must message muttgirl310 so they can readopt it out for you or approve the gifting
-Dogons may only be adopted out by approved artists- you may not adopt them out by yourself
-Please do not bother the artists or staff and be aware that we all have lives outside of the species (If you have a message or concern then please pm Muttgirl310 to discuss it)
-Be respectful to artists, staff and other members (Even if you do not win- please no rude remarks or arguments. Message me if there are any issues)

-Warnings: Only last a short time and I will speak to you about what caused the warning
-Strikes: If you have had 3+ warnings you will earn a strike and I will notify you over pm about it
-Bans: If you have gotten multiple strikes and continue to not follow the rules then you will be banned from the species and can no longer adopt from it. All of your adopts will be readopted out and you will not be allowed to participate in events. May be lifted but only by my approval.

Adopt Rules:
*Failure to comply could lead to disqualification from the adopt or loss of ability to adopt for a period of time*
-Read all rules of the adopt before posting your form (Some adopts will have specific requirements such as nonowner and not all adopts will had criteria that may be fair to all users such as requirements of art or extensive writing)
-Please do not post on every single adopt and give everyone a chance to win an adopt
-Make sure that your form is completed by the end date as artists are not required to give extensions for you to complete it
-Dogons must be named and have a gender for the archives and breeding purposes (They may identify however they wish outside this)
-If a dogon is not named within a month, the ownership may be forfeited and they will be placed back up for adoption

Customs/ Purchase Rules:
*Failure to comply could lead to rejections of forms or purchases without refund*
-Scales are to be purchased through muttgirl310 and will be added to the bank
-Customs must have a completed form and funds available at the time of purchase
-Once the form is accepted, it may not be edited in anyway- if any changes are needed you must pm muttgirl310 for approval of changes
-You may give ideas for the artist to work with but refrain from listing specific things that you want. You want to give the artist a reference to work with not an exact design
-You may redraw the items on dogon references for your own use as long as the items remain fundamentally the same- Same item but in a different style
-For items to be added to dogons, please provide proof of purchase which could be a link to the bank where the item is listed or a screenshot of the purchase

Nursery Rules:
*Failure to comply could lead to rejection of form or loss of ability to participate in breedings for that month*
-All dogons are able to breed unless specified in the post when adopted
-Please include proof of agreement if breeding with another users dogon- screenshots or quotes are ok
-The form must be completed entirely when posted with only minor edits allowed
-All previous nursery batches must be listed for each parent dogon
-Dogons have a total of 5 breeding slots and cannot breed more than that unless an extra breeding slot is applied
-Dogons can only breed once per month
-Users can participate in as many breedings as they wants but may only claim 2 pups per month (All other pups must be claimed by the other person in the breeding or be put up for adoption)
-Dogons can only breed with the opposite gender unless a Same Sex potion is purchased and applied
-Dogon must be owned for at least a week before breeding and must be named and gender specified
-To have items applied to your dogon, you must first purchase the item from the store by contacting muttgirl310
-The Nursery adult lines will vary slightly from the original main thread lines due to the nursery being made before many of the edits (The edits will have the same rarity as the main thread but may look different)
-Some traits cannot be passed down in breedings
-A Dogon must wait a week after it has grown in order for it to breed
-Runner Up adopts cannot breed with the original adopt they were won from and descendants of the two also cannot breed (Consider the RU as being related to the other adopt)
-All Nursery batches will start as an egg and hatch after 3 days. The dogon will be grown to adult in 15 days from hatching.
-If you wish to keep them on the baby lines a PPS potion must be purchased and applied before they are grown to adult.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

General:
These are mostly just being courteous and recognizing that we have lives outside the species that do not allow us to be 100% active all the time. Also since they are a closed species, only approved people can make and adopt out designs

Adopts:
We have had a few instances where dogons were not named or given a gender which then complicates things in the nursery and archives. For a dogon to be fully claimed and owned by you, you must state the name and gender (Male or female please) of a dogon. Outside of this, the dogon can identify however it would like as the gender is just for breedings. We also would like to make sure that people are paying attention to the rules and qualifications for each adopt before they apply as we have had people getting upset with us for the competitions not being fair for everyone.

Customs/Purchases:
So we have not had too many of either of these just as they are not as organized as well as they should. Scales can be purchased through me, as always and so can the items. You can either message me or post on the main thread about buying items and I will update the bank as soon as I can. For these items to be added to a dogon, please provide the proof of purchase to the artist and this can range from a link to the bank where the item is listed to screenshots of me saying that you have purchased the item. Obviously if I am the artist this is less strict as I will know if you purchased the item or not. If you like to have your own version of the dogon reference, then feel free to redraw the items on it! As long as they remain the same type/ look but in a different style you are ok. As long as you do not change the fundamentals of that item (aka taking a pearl necklace and making it a pendant necklace etc) you will be fine!
In order to purchase a custom, the form must be completed and you must have the right amount of scales prior to ordering it. This just allows people to submit their forms and not have someone "claim" a custom spot that they cannot/do not actually have. Once accepted, custom forms CANNOT be edited or else they will be rejected. If there is something you need to change then message me and I will approve it. If you are found editing your form without my approval, your form will be rejected without refund. With the customs, the idea is to give your artist a reference to work with so please refrain from listing exactly what you would like. This type of design is no fun for the artist and is just unnecessary as the artist will give you a design specialized for you. This isn't to say not to give them ideas but please do not outline exactly what you want the custom to look like.

Nursery:
So these rules were updated and fixed as I realized they were pretty confusing. There are a few new ones that came from things that me and Bec discussed to make the nursery run more smoothly for her. So firstly, all dogons are allowed to breed as long as it is not stated otherwise within the post. There are only a handful of dogons that cannot breed and it is stated within the post on them such as this. All dogons have a total of 5 breeding slots and can only breed once a month. If you are participating in a breeding with another user, please include some sort of proof that they are allowing you to use their dogon. This could be a screenshot of the agreement or just a quote from them. The form must be completed when posted in the nursery to avoid confusion between the artists and users, only minor edits are allowed on the form. All information on the form must be filled out (with hex codes being optional but recommended to help the artist) and all previous nursery batches must be included on the form even if you did not keep that one. Users can participate in as many nursery batches as they would like within the month but may only claim 2 pups from the nursery. This means that if you have a personal nursery batch and 2 people that are including a dogon of yours in their nursery batch, you may only keep 2 of the pups total from all the batches. If you are confused by this then message me and I will try to clarify it more. Any of the pups besides the 2 you choose to keep must be claimed by the other person in the nursery submission or be put up for adopt.
Dogons must be owned for at least a week before breeding and must have a name and gender assigned it or else the form will be rejected. Dogons can only breed with the opposite gender unless a Same Sex potion is applied- these can be purchased from the store (at least they will be available soon!). Once a dogon has grown to adult, you must wait a week until it can breed. As mentioned in the purchase rules, all items should be purchased and then proof submitted to the artist.
Nursery lines differ slightly from the main lines as many of the traits were not there when the nursery was created. They have the same rarity just look slightly different. Some traits are unable to be passed down in breedings but these are clearly marked on the traits page as not being able to be passed down. Runner up Dogons cannot breed with the original adopt that they were won from. Runner ups are too similar to the original adopt and should be considered as a cousin or related to the adopt. Descendants from the two cannot breed either for the same reason. There will soon be a potion in the store as well that will keep your dogons as PPS but it must be applied to the batch before it grows to adult.

We made these changes as some of the rules were written poorly and I wanted to make sure that they were as clear as they can be! I will include each section of the rules in their specific spot in the species but just wanted to let you know. These rules go into effect today so after today I will start letting people know if they are not following the rules. I will not give out warnings until next month as I know everyone will still need to adjust.

I have also moved the rarities and traits from the first post to their own post further down the page and included a link to it if needed. I will be working on altering some of the other posts so that they are easier to read and look more professional. If anyone would like to work on a banner for the sections I would greatly appreciate it! Message me for details! I would be looking for banners for the Adoption post, the currency post, our art/ affiliates post and the rarities post.

Do you have any ideas on how to better organize things? Message me and let me know your thoughts!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Dogon Second Easter Event
Yes, we accidentally skipped our 1st anniversary as well :oops:
Last year, we posted eggs for people to find and claim. This year I will be doing things a little differently. I will still hide eggs around (over the next week or so) that you guys can find. These eggs will not correspond to a specific adopt but will rather be a ticket to "Claim an Easter Egg" for you to "color" in and get an easter adopt! Some of these adopts may be a bit different so keep your eyes out!

The eggs will be small and an be anywhere within the species. Only one person can claim an egg and you will post here on the fanclub once you do find it! Remember the colors and design on the egg will not be the design you get on the adopt so don't worry if you do not like the color combos or style of the egg. The first egg will be hidden tomorrow for you all to find. The following forms are for when the event gets a bit more settled. (If you happen to find an egg from last year, feel free to submit a post claiming it as I do not believe I ever took them out of the posts! Please try to only claim one per day to give others a chance to participate)

When you Find an Egg:
[u][b]EGG FOUND[/b][/u]
Username:
Egg Found (Image):
Location of Egg:

To Claim an Easter Adopt:
[u][b]EASTER ADOPT CLAIM[/b][/u]
Username:
Egg being turned in:
Colors for Easter Adopt:
Simple Reference:

Eggs Found:
9Tailedfox- Image
BecNessMonster- Image
Brandy6- Image
Simplerumors: - Image
Last edited by muttgirl310 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friggin' foxes » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 pm

EGG FOUND
Username: 9tailedfox
Egg Found (Image): http://imgur.com/7Wwko3V
Location of Egg: bottom of fan club information page.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BecNessMonster » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:46 am

EGG FOUND
Username: BecNessMonster
Egg Found (Image): Image
Location of Egg: Teehee this feels like cheating BUT LIKE HEY
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -chirp- » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 am

EGG FOUND
Username: Brandy6
Location of Egg: I believe this egg works?
-chirp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:10 am

Current and I have hidden 4 more eggs around! As of this moment, there should be ~12 eggs to find!
On another note, art of the event is always appreciated! If you have any fanart you would like to submit then please head on over to Sib's page as he loves collecting all your fantastic work!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 am

EGG FOUND
Username: Simplerumors:
Location of Egg: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3465505
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me