Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby -Blufox » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 am

Are we allowed to hand out art treats? I'm thinking about making a halloween themed color-in if we're allowed
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:05 am

Celozon wrote:mm I've been trying to make a good treat story. Still not sure that I will actually go trick or treating this year, might just hand out treats, but we'll see. This is what I have so far, any opinions or suggestions to improve it? Does it sound too weird? I'll also take suggestions on the dressup (You'll probably need to do a hard refresh to see the updated version).

The statue sat next to the door, almost hidden beneath ivy and crawling vines. Sadeas had guarded this home for many years, but today they would have an additional job. Sadeas watched closely as a trick or treater approached the house. Being unnoticed by passerbys had its merits, it was always easy to determine where someone should be given a treat, or a trick. As always, when a stranger approached the home Sadeas could feel the life being breathed back into themselves, once again they could walk and talk. How else could they guard a home if they could not move? However for the time being they remained still, awaiting the right moment to make themselves known.

"Hello friend" their whisper echoed in the dark. Something about being a statue night and day made the voice rusty. Sadeas waited a moment to continue, knowing their voice coming from the shadows beside the doorstep tended to alarm the unprepared. "That is a fine costume, please, take these." With a small smile (anything more tended to crack their face) Sadeas handed over several treats, then resumed his position in the shadows and ivy.
You have one pronoun inconsistency
but other than that it's really good
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 am

-TruBlue wrote:Are we allowed to hand out art treats? I'm thinking about making a halloween themed color-in if we're allowed

Yup, art treats are allowed, it just needs to be unique to each person (so, not the exact same drawing for everyone. Color-ins are fine).

Castiel wrote: You have one pronoun inconsistency
but other than that it's really good

I still have to fight it every time I write with neutral pronouns c': Thanks!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby borneofash » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 am

Celozon wrote:"Hello friend" their whisper echoed in the dark.

There should be a comma here, but other than that it was a very interesting read!
Alright, we can go all night
'Cause we got a whole lot of f i g h t i n u s
And I see a long road that we gotta follow
Before tomorrow catches up

Lights: ON
borneofash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Thanks for the help with my story everyone! ^^

I also went and made a couple signature images, cause...leaves are gr8.
They are up in the stash now as well, if anyone has suggestions for others or for changes to these I'd be happy to hear them!

Image Image

Image Image
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 am

Celozon wrote:Thanks for the help with my story everyone! ^^

They are up in the stash now as well, if anyone has suggestions for others or for changes to these I'd be happy to hear them!

Image Image

Image Image

Omg those are such cute images! <3 I love them!
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 am

Celozon wrote:Thanks for the help with my story everyone! ^^

Image Image

Image Image

I love how you used the leaf items from the last Halloween even :D
I cleared out my siggy around the summer event so I'll find a place to put one of these now

AS for LOLO dress ups, I've made a couple since last Halloween, and I'm not sure which to use
Image Image Image Image
I don't have a set story for any of them, but I have a kind of basic direction for where each would be going;
1. Shy Sky is generally afraid of Halloween, from a mix of the spooks and being laughed at because of his costumes. Steve the crow managed to convince him to go as a centurion this year, yet he's still timid to because the costume is incomplete (lacking the helmet) and ends up getting lost in a spooky place full of ghosts.
2. Not much on this one, besides Gemini decided to "borrow" Aquarius' costume for the night.
3. No idea where to go with this one
4. Now living in his new home on Earth, Sergeant Squeakers is still indulging in the rich culture here and decides to participate in this new holiday in the traditional fashion, though he is rather unfamiliar with how to do so.

Edit;
I'm also going to use my door greeter from last year, who's based on two pets my characters have. (I haven't dressed it up for Halloween yet >.<)

The door opened up to an empty house, save for a super energetic husky and a very laid back cat. "Hi hi hi hi! Happy Trick or Treating!" The husky barked, wagging its tail. The cat rolled its eyes. "Feel free to ignore Snowdrop, she loves everybody." The cat dropped a great amount of candy into your bag. "Happy Halloween, kiddo."
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oshawott8888 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 am

Herringbone wrote:
Image Image

It was the Basllisk household that everyone feared to step even one foot upon. The twin brothers were extreme tricksters and weren't afraid to pull their pranks on the trick-or-treaters. Not to mention, the two twin brothers would always have the creepiest costumes. This year, Alloy was a Necromancer, and Jet took it upon himself to become a Plague Doctor. They would both watch the children waltz right up to the door to get their treats. But if they saw a costume that they hadn't liked, or someone who had already came to their house, they took it upon themselves to make sure that imparticular person did not recieve a treat. Underneath their masks, they would both smirk as they snuck up behind the trick-or-treater knocking on their front door. They would wait until they knocked on the door and said the magical words:
"Trick or treat!" escape the vocals of the whomever it was. As soon as they did, the two brothers would instantly leap out from behind their hiding places and yell; "Trick!"

Gold was the only sister of the Basillisk twin brothers. On Halloween, she was by far the kindest and was always ready to hand the treats to whomever came to the door. She would also try her best to keep her two older brothers from scaring yet another trick-or-treater away. Most of the times, she was able to beat her two brothers to the door and greet whoever came for a treat with a kind smile. "Ooh! You're costumes are just so adorable!" She'd say in a cheerful tone, clapping her hands together almost as soon as she opened the door. "Here you go! Have a little treat! And have a wonderful Halloween!"

It would be nice if someone could leave feedback on the two stories and tell me if they're good. Suggestions would be nice as well so I could help improve my Tricksters and Greeter's stories. c:

These look great! The only thing i noticed was that readers might not know what you're talking about if they don't read the "trick" message for the "treat" message, if you get what i mean ^^;
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NovaSkye » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:47 am

Herringbone wrote:
Image Image

It was the Basllisk household that everyone feared to step even one foot upon. The twin brothers were extreme tricksters and weren't afraid to pull their pranks on the trick-or-treaters. Not to mention, the two twin brothers would always have the creepiest costumes. This year, Alloy was a Necromancer, and Jet took it upon himself to become a Plague Doctor. They would both watch the children waltz right up to the door to get their treats. But if they saw a costume that they hadn't liked, or someone who had already came to their house, they took it upon themselves to make sure that imparticular person did not recieve a treat. Underneath their masks, they would both smirk as they snuck up behind the trick-or-treater knocking on their front door. They would wait until they knocked on the door and said the magical words:
"Trick or treat!" escape the vocals of the whomever it was. As soon as they did, the two brothers would instantly leap out from behind their hiding places and yell; "Trick!"

Gold was the only sister of the Basillisk twin brothers. On Halloween, she was by far the kindest and was always ready to hand the treats to whomever came to the door. She would also try her best to keep her two older brothers from scaring yet another trick-or-treater away. Most of the times, she was able to beat her two brothers to the door and greet whoever came for a treat with a kind smile. "Ooh! You're costumes are just so adorable!" She'd say in a cheerful tone, clapping her hands together almost as soon as she opened the door. "Here you go! Have a little treat! And have a wonderful Halloween!"

It would be nice if someone could leave feedback on the two stories and tell me if they're good. Suggestions would be nice as well so I could help improve my Tricksters and Greeter's stories. c:

I did notice this about your trick message;

"they snuck up behind the trick-or-treater knocking on their front door." contradicts what is said later; "instantly leap out from behind their hiding places"

Other than that, everything looks good to me!
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:25 am

I ended up deciding just to redo my entire story and I must say I'm much happier with this one.
I would love some opinions/critiques before I submit it if anyone has some.
Thank you!

Andrew was admiring his wonderful handy work in the mirror of his bedroom.
It had taken him weeks to complete his costume, but it was finally ready to unveil.
The leather jacket was just slightly too big for him and the homemade scarf was starting to fray at its edges, but he adored his costume nonetheless.

Andrew excitedly leapt down the stairs, pillowcase in hand. “I’m all ready, Grandpa!” Andrew grinned standing next to the large leather chair.  His grandfather turned to look at the pup as a smile ran across his face.  “And what are you going as this year?” The man questioned.
“A pilot, just like how you used to be!” Andrew said wagging his tail.
His Grandfather gave a tender smile and repeated “Just like I used to be.”
After a short moment the man got up out of his chair and clapped his paws together
“Now let’s get you some candy!”

The sun had long since set as the pair continued down the sidewalk going house to house.
Bright autumn leaves swirled through the air on the cool breeze.
Plenty of elaborately dressed Trick-or-treaters were already out gathering candy for their stashes.  It was the perfect Halloween night.  Before long Andrew’s Grandfather stopped suddenly. “Frankie!” he shouted before hurrying across the street to his old friend.  He turned back to Andrew and said “You carry on without me, I’ll only be a minute!”  Andrew sighed, but he followed the order and continued forward down the lane.  

A cute cottage caught Andrew’s eye as he walked. It had a orange lights twinkling above the porch and cobwebs scattered about.  He quickly glanced back to his grandfather who was still chatting before heading up the front steps.  He knocked on the large door and yipped “Trick or Treat!”
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌───────────────┐

IF I EVER WERE TO LOSE YOU
mediocre - adult
she/her - ace/aro
equine science major
PMs always open!

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐