Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby NovaSkye » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 am

~Bengal~ wrote:Are we allowed to use the costume we used last year?

Yes, you are!
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:35 am

I have a question for the staff of lights on lights off especially Celozon

Will you be participating?

Also I've already set aside a group for trick or treaters. C:
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:26 am

Brackensnake wrote:I have a question for the staff of lights on lights off especially Celozon

Definitely participating! It's usually my goal to visit as many user's houses (PM them) as possible, and leave my lights on for the entire duration. It does get a little backed up once in a while, and people may have to wait 24-48 hours for a response, but I want to make sure I gift as many people as possible!
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:36 am

Brackensnake wrote:I have a question for the staff of lights on lights off especially Celozon

I'm participating for sure! Just still trying to find the perfect costume cx I'm going to try to have my lights on whenever I'm not at work/school. Can't wait to read everyone's stories!
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Yes, I participate every year n.n I'm still trying to decide on my pet's costume right now though. I usually try to leave my lights on as much as I can and give out treats to as many ToTers as I can handle.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forestfolke » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:22 pm

how many "treats" do you usually give to one person? like, I know you only let them trick or treat once but how many treats do you give? (these are just questions concerning personal preference, I just kinda wanna see what people say)
do you ever factor in their trick or treater's costume or story to how many you give?

(sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this!)
what kind of tricks do you usually give, if any?
Follow me on Deviantart or Tumblr or YouTube to see my art!

I am not active on CS anymore except on the rare occasion.
If you'd like to talk to me please do so on one of the sites linked above. Thanks!
forestfolke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm

usamagnol_ wrote:how many "treats" do you usually give to one person? like, I know you only let them trick or treat once but how many treats do you give? (these are just questions concerning personal preference, I just kinda wanna see what people say)
do you ever factor in their trick or treater's costume or story to how many you give?

(sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this!)
what kind of tricks do you usually give, if any?

I usually don't factor costume and story in just because I know some users don't have as many items or may not be as skilled with writing in English, but that's totally your call.

Also, I tend to just give whatever I can that's on their wishlist. So sometimes that includes more than one pet/item. c:

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:28 pm

I definitely prefer to give WL treats! I want to give treats that a user will appreciate and want to keep in their collection. As a hoarder myself, I pay special attention to hoards people have when I'm giving treats. I usually give 2-5 pets/items per person unless I'm giving something rare, in which case 1 is fine in my opinion. Occasionally if I /really/ love a costume or story based on personal taste I give a larger or more valuable treat, but I don't give smaller treats just because someone may not have had many items or stellar story-writing skills.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Hello, is it possible for me to get some pointers on my dress up + story? c:

Your trick or treater:
Ayako

Your story:
Ayako let out a small yawn as she glanced at the clock in her room fervently. She... Actually wasn't allowed to go trick or treating, but since the dog already had a costume and everything planned, Ayako planned to sneak out to trick or treat. Again. Ayako sighed as she lifted a paw to rub her tiger ears. It wasn't as if her parents were forbidding her to trick or treat, they just claim that she's too young to go out on the streets at night... Except Ayako is fifteen. Zipping up the zipper to her tiger suit, she made a face at herself in the mirror. Her costume was nothing but controversy at her school, since she appeared as a dog dressed up as a species of cats. Naturally, the cats were pleased, going as far as to mock the dogs on how Ayako had wanted to be a cat. Being the shy dog she was, Ayako shied away from the attention and proceeded to do her own thing.

It was now 9:30. Opening her door by an inch or two, Ayako noticed how the lights to her parents' room had flickered off. Grabbing her trick or treat bag, the dog quietly apologized about sneaking out again, before walking over to her window. Opening it, the dog slipped outside, and snuck out. However, she tripped over a rock in the process, and almost fell over and made a racket. Thankfully, she didn't, as Ayako managed to catch her balance in time. Before long, she was on her way.

Ayako let out a sigh as she breathed in the cool autumn air. It was crisp, and the moon was shining brightly over her head. Walking around, the dog glanced left and right, trying to decide which house to go to. Eventually she came to a decision, before walking up to a particularly scary looking one. Gulping, Ayako stepped up, about to ring the door bell, before an owl hooted loudly. Spooked, Ayako let out a not-so-silent yell before dashing down the street again, shivering. Once she had calmed down, she went to a nicely decorated house that didn't look as scary as the one she had just been. Gathering up her courage, she stepped up and rang the doorbell. As the door slowly opened, Ayako let out a small squeak before uttering,

"T-trick or treat...!"

Guuuh okay I need to treat a couple people this year, last year I was practically new prawn spawn and I missed out on the summer event because I had forgot about this... But I should have at least a couple stuff on people's wishlists?
┌────────────┐
御影密bot - inactive
if you have questions, the
answer is probably "no"

└────────────┘
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Nishinoya Yū wrote:Hello, is it possible for me to get some pointers on my dress up + story? c:

Your trick or treater:
Ayako

Your story:
Ayako let out a small yawn as she glanced at the clock in her room fervently. She... Actually wasn't allowed to go trick or treating, but since the dog already had a costume and everything planned, Ayako planned to sneak out to trick or treat. Again. Ayako sighed as she lifted a paw to rub her tiger ears. It wasn't as if her parents were forbidding her to trick or treat, they just claim that she's too young to go out on the streets at night... Except Ayako is fifteen. Zipping up the zipper to her tiger suit, she made a face at herself in the mirror. Her costume was nothing but controversy at her school, since she appeared as a dog dressed up as a species of cats. Naturally, the cats were pleased, going as far as to mock the dogs on how Ayako had wanted to be a cat. Being the shy dog she was, Ayako shied away from the attention and proceeded to do her own thing.

It was now 9:30. Opening her door by an inch or two, Ayako noticed how the lights to her parents' room had flickered off. Grabbing her trick or treat bag, the dog quietly apologized about sneaking out again, before walking over to her window. Opening it, the dog slipped outside, and snuck out. However, she tripped over a rock in the process, and almost fell over and made a racket. Thankfully, she didn't, as Ayako managed to catch her balance in time. Before long, she was on her way.

Ayako let out a sigh as she breathed in the cool autumn air. It was crisp, and the moon was shining brightly over her head. Walking around, the dog glanced left and right, trying to decide which house to go to. Eventually she came to a decision, before walking up to a particularly scary looking one. Gulping, Ayako stepped up, about to ring the door bell, before an owl hooted loudly. Spooked, Ayako let out a not-so-silent yell before dashing down the street again, shivering. Once she had calmed down, she went to a nicely decorated house that didn't look as scary as the one she had just been. Gathering up her courage, she stepped up and rang the doorbell. As the door slowly opened, Ayako let out a small squeak before uttering,

"T-trick or treat...!"

The dressup looks great! It's very easy to tell what your pet is dressed as, and I love the candy you have scattered around to complete the trick-or-treating vibe.

As for the story, it's actually against LOLO rules to have the door to the house open in the story, so my advice would be to edit that part out and change the ending around a bit. Besides that, I love the detail you provide in your story! The part about Ayako being teased about dressing as a cat is hilarious and you do a great job of giving a distinct personality to the character. c:

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════