Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Celozon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Image Welcome to the Lights On Lights Off fanclub! Image

Main Thread | Discord Server

Interested in helping out on the fanclub? We are looking for a few users to become fanclub thread moderators to help us out keeping an eye on the thread. Check out the next post for all the information you'll need to apply!

This club is here to provide players with a place to discuss Lights On Lights Off, share stories and costumes, and meet other players. This provides a lot more freedom to post and talk with other players than you have on the main thread since we need to keep the main thread clean. Please make sure to read this entire post before you begin talking on the thread.

Be aware that this thread is mainly for discussion of LOLO topics, not idle chatter. We have the discord chat linked above which can be used for chatter not suited for the fanclub.

Image Yes:
    • Asking opinions on your story/costume
    • Discussing treats (No showing off!)
    • Discussing gameplay
    • Discussing story/costume ideas, cool stories & costumes you've seen, ect
    • Discussing signature images

Image No:
    • Saying 'lights on'
    • Getting off topic
    • One/two word (or any small) posts that do not contribute to the conversation
    • Answering gameplay questions
    • Mini-modding
    • Idle chatter

Image Rules:
    • You don't have to sign up for LOLO or the fanclub to post, just keep everything LOLO related!
    • No spam. This includes things listed under 'no' above.
    • No mini-modding, the thread-mods will handle rule breakers.
    • Discussing signature images is allowed (asking opinions, asking for ideas, etc), but please post the images on the main thread or PM Celozon to be added to the stash.
    • Please do not answer gameplay or form questions, leave them for a thread mod to answer in order to avoid confusion and misinformation.
    • Do not post about treats just to show off good ones you got or sent out. If people continuously post about treats just to show off I will not allow treats to be discussed at all.
    • If you see someone continuously breaking the rules, contact a thread mod. If they are breaking CS rules (excessive spam for example) report them to the CS mods.

By posting on this thread you agree to follow all the rules and any future rules that may be added.

Image Conversation Starters:
      If you aren't sure what to say, try answering some of these!

• What is the most interesting or creative story or costume you have seen so far?
    • Which stories or costumes made you smile?
    • Received any funny trick messages?
    • Any signature images you particularly like?
    • Have you gotten themed treats? (like only blue pets for example, or some other theme otherwise explained in the treat message)

Image Featured Users:
      Featured Users is a way for users to get noticed when they have their lights on. I will occasionally go through the list of users and randomly pick out 10 who have their lights on and post those 10 in a Featured Users.
    • When I post a Featured Users list, you will still need to check the lights status of the users. Don't send them messages unless their lights are on! Their lights may be on at the time I post the list, but they may change their status before you see it, so always check.
    • There is no special way to get chosen, I simply pick users at random until I find 10 who have lights on.
    • There is no schedule for Featured Users, but I'll try to post one a day or so.
    • I will not repeat users on the list unless I run out of users to put on it.
    • If you do not want to be put on the list, let me know.

If you would like to be able to see all of the Featured Users I have posted, search the word 'fungi' on the thread. I include this keyword in each post so that they will be easy to find.

Last edited by Celozon on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Fanclub Moderator Applications

Postby Celozon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Fanclub Moderator Applications

If you are interested in becoming a fanclub moderator, you must fill out the below form and send it in. You must read and understand everything on this post, and follow all instructions given. If you do not, you will likely be disqualified immediately, we need moderators who can follow clear directions.

We do not have a time limit on how long these will be open. We will likely leave them open until we feel we have enough people. Please do not feel rushed to fill out the form, we prefer you take your time on the answers rather than getting it done as quickly as possible.

Applying:
    • The form may look daunting, please don't be alarmed! We don't expect anyone to get every question right. This is only so that we can properly gauge your current knowledge. If you get picked, we'll make sure you know everything you need to!
    • Fill out the form as completely as possible. We prefer more in-depth answers to short ones. Explain your reasoning and thought process (as applicable).
    • When you have finished filling out the form PM the form to Celozon. Do not post your form on the thread. All of the thread mods will get a chance to read over your form and decide what they think.
    • We will make our decision on your form within THREE days. If we decide to give you the position we will message you and let you now within that time span. If you do not receive a message within three days, it means your form was declined.

Filling Out The Form:
    • There are three main sections to the form. Below I will give further information on what we expect from you when you fill these sections out.
    • The first section gives us an overview on you. This includes asking for your availability, 3 posts you have made on the fanclub, why you would make a good thread mod, and whether you have any experience.
      • How much time do you have to commit to helping moderate this thread?: We are looking for people who can be on the thread often and look over most of the posts that are made. It is helpful to be available during the busier times of the day, and we will also welcome someone who can be online overnights (US time) when most of the other moderators are offline.
      • Links to 3 Important / Meaningful / Helpful posts you have made on the Fanclub: You must give us three posts. We expect our fanclub moderators to be active on the thread and to post often, we want you to show us that you have been doing this already. Try to show us posts that give a good example of how you would make a good thread moderator.
      • Why would you make a good Fanclub moderator?: We like to hear specific reasons for this question, "because I am nice" does not tell us anything. How are you nice? What do you do to show this? You can give us examples. If you have specific skills that can help you do a better job as a moderator, mention them.
      • Do you have any experience moderating on any other threads on Chicken Smoothie?: Having prior moderating experience is not absolutely necessary, but it is very helpful. If possible, please link the places you were a moderator for, tell us for how long you were a moderator, and what you normally did as part of your job there.
    • The second section has to do with common problems you may see on the fanclub that you might have to deal with if you became a moderator. For these questions, answer them under the assumption that in these scenarios you are a thread mod. Answer these questions as fully as possible and, if applicable, give us your reasoning.
    • The third section contains scenarios concerned with the actual gameplay, things you may run into while playing the game, not necessarily something that happens on the fanclub. These are still important to know, as a thread moderator for the fanclub, you will be expected to be well-versed in the rules and know how to handle these situations. Answer as fully as possible and give your reasoning where applicable.

The Form:
      Code: Select all
      [b]Username:[/b]
      [b]How many years have you been playing LOLO?: [/b]
      [b]How much time do you have to commit to helping moderate this thread?:[/b]
      [b]Links to 3 Important / Meaningful / Helpful posts you have made on the Fanclub:[/b]
      [b]Why would you make a good Fanclub moderator?: [/b]
      [b]Do you have any experience moderating on any other threads on Chicken Smoothie?:[/b]

[size=120]You are a fanclub moderator and someone on the fanclub is...[/size]

[b]posting "lights on" and making a lot of small posts like "having fun!!", what do you do?:[/b]

[b]making posts talking about what happened to them today, the posts usually include a sentence or two about LOLO, what do you do?: [/b]

[b]asking a specific question about how to play the game, you are sure of the answer and no one else is online right now, what do you do?:[/b]

[b]making a lot of posts, they seem to be on the thread constantly and reply to almost everyone. Their posts do all have to do with LOLO and are not so short to be considered spam, what do you do?:[/b]

[size=120]Gameplay/Main thread questions:[/size]

[b]You see someone asking how to play the game, you are not a fanclub moderator, but you are sure you know the right answer. What do you do?:[/b]

[b]You see someone not following the rules, what do you do?: [/b]

[b]Someone is waiting for their form to be accepted, they think it might have been skipped, what do you do?: [/b]

[b]You receive a trick or treat PM, but their story isn't 10 sentences, what do you do?:[/b]

[b]A player posts on the fanclub with a suggestion they have for the game, what do you tell them?:[/b]

[b]A user seems very confused. They do not seem to understand how to play the game correctly, and you've seen them break several rules. You have explained to them how to play multiple time but they either don't understand or ignored it. What do you do?: [/b]

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments concerning moderator applications, please contact Celozon.

Last edited by Celozon on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

[cell - o - zon]
Aromantic Asexual
Agender [they/them]

For LOLO Only: Please title your PMs as
'trick or treat'. If you like items let me know!
Don't PM me this if you haven't signed up!
                            x
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby britneyrox » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Hey all! Hope you are all as psyched for LOLO to begin as I am!
      To get the conversation going before the trick-or-treating begins, I'd love to hear your feedback on my pet and/or story. c:

Mabelle sat at her vanity as she applied the final bit of makeup for her vampire costume. It's too bad Leah is away at college this year and can't come trick-or-treating with me she thought as she tried to imagine her first time going without her sister. She'd contemplated not even going, but after a long phone call with Leah, she'd been convinced to go out on her own this year - at least to a few houses. She put away the make up and scrambled as she realized she'd forgotten to pick up a trick-or-treating bucket. This will do she thought, pulling her pillowcase off of her pillow as she headed out the door.

She walked down the street, scythe and pillowcase in mouth, ready to begin gathering some treats. Leah will be so jealous of all the goodies I get without her this year. Mabelle continued down the road until she reached the first house. May as well start here she thought as she approached the door. She knocked twice and stepped back, waiting for someone to answer the door. "Trick or treat!"

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
pm me at any time,
i'm happy to chat!

hope you have a
happy halloween!

━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─── mø ───
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
all this life
i've been
── by ──

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:36 pm

I love your costume and I like how it is a traditional easily identifiable one. I must say I am Psyched for this because it is my first year and seems like a great concept.
make me a monster here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3590467&p=112796380#p112796380

Come visit me several times! I won't count and you don't have to just please visit me at least once C:
and i'm going to try and leave these on all month.

Just a heads up, i like short stories, i like it when you follow all the rules, i like amazing dress ups, i like creative stories. I like spontaneously giving out treats for no real reason. <----- if you receive a treat from me this could be why.

Just a heads up, i don't like stories that describe my house, i don't like long winded stories, and i don't like stories about mystical beings. <--- if you receive a trick from me this may be one of the reasons why.

Treat counter || 32
Trick counter || 6

( internally dying! wakes up to find 27 new messages)
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Intro and First Replies

Postby NovaSkye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 am

Hi everyone! I'm NovaSkye, but if you wanna call me Nova, I'm totally cool with that. This is my second year as a mod for this lovely thread, and I'm happy to assist you all in any way I can!
      If you need costumes, story help, advice, or any other sort of help, just shoot over a PM and I'll respond as soon as I can! I have plenty of spare items I'm absolutely willing to share, as long as it goes with the idea you have. I even have full costumes if this is your first year to LO/LO, or you recently joined CS.

For those of us who like to stay organized: I have my spreadsheet from last year's game if you would like to use it! It keeps track of who has visited, and how many times! As well as who you have visited, and how many times. You can also keep track of treats and tricks both received and given! You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing and the instructions for saving is the title!

@Britneyrox: As always, your story is absolutely lovely! It's simple, yet detailed to get a nice understanding of what is going on. The costume is very inspired, and I love the little ghostie family!
        @Brackensnake: Welcome to LO/LO! I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun playing with us<3
Last edited by NovaSkye on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Random Info wrote:Heya, I'm NovaSkye but feel free to
call me Nova! She/Her pronouns, please.
Infj | Taken | Professional Slacker
"I'm hurting deep down but can't show it" xxx
PMs always open, ask for Discord!
My Makoatls | My Kalons | My Kintaurs
Family: Big Sis
        xxxxxxImage
    View my Treats and Tricks given/recieved!
    I will not be allowing double dipping this year! Apologies!
    I get to messages slowly, Please have patience ♥
    ~~Join the game here!~~
    |Treats Given: 130|Received: 33|Tricks Given: 1|Recieved: 6|

Please don't title messages "LOLO" or otherwise! As a Mod, it gets confusing!
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazel corazones » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 am

A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.
hazel corazones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:26 am

Pet's name: Luke Skywalker
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Can you tell who he is if not?
make me a monster here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3590467&p=112796380#p112796380

Come visit me several times! I won't count and you don't have to just please visit me at least once C:
and i'm going to try and leave these on all month.

Just a heads up, i like short stories, i like it when you follow all the rules, i like amazing dress ups, i like creative stories. I like spontaneously giving out treats for no real reason. <----- if you receive a treat from me this could be why.

Just a heads up, i don't like stories that describe my house, i don't like long winded stories, and i don't like stories about mystical beings. <--- if you receive a trick from me this may be one of the reasons why.

Treat counter || 32
Trick counter || 6

( internally dying! wakes up to find 27 new messages)
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 am

Hey guys!
This is the second time I am doing this, and since I've changed, well, everything compared to last year, I'd love to hear some feedback regarding my costume and story!
I am aware my costume isn't the best out there, but that's due to the fact that I have next to no useful items. Do you think this is sufficient?

She knew the time was almost ripe. The air tasted like carved pumpkins, and as she looked out her window she saw the colourful leaves falling from the tree in her small garden, gently dangling in the wind. She couldn't help but smile and drew a staggering breath, suddenly shuddering with excitement.
Truly, tonight was Halloween.
The past hours had passed slower than a snail moving backwards on a turtle moving forwards, if you asked her. She had been ready to go out and trick or treat since the moment she'd opened her eyes in the morning, but her best friend would not allow it.
But now it was getting darker outside, and she finally could put on all her makeup. Her paws felt terribly stiff, but she would survive it. She then donned her wings, which fit perfectly to her dark fur colour, and grabbed a bag.
Before she left the house, she phoned her friend Sapphire.
"Are you ready?" she asked.
"You bet" Sapphire answered, excitement in her voice.
"So we start now? Three hours, I'd say."
"Four and we meet at my home."
"Deal. Prepare for losing."
"You wish!"
She laughed silently as she put her mobile away and left the house.
Closing the door behind her, she thought about which way to take. She'd have to go into the city center, for sure. But four hours would be more than enough to beat her friend at collecting candy.
Greeting some of her neighbours who also got ready for trick-or-treating, she chose the shortest route, leading right through the local graveyard. She was a bit nervous, but not too much. All the fun she was going to have today was more than worth it.
Looking left and right, she trotted past the tombs, shivering.
It's alright, she told herself. It's Halloween, after all. It's supposed to be spooky. You're a big girl.
And she was, so she had to be brave and walk through the cemetery with her head held high and her heart pounding.
It was getting darker and she almost reached the other end when she saw a dim light somewhere to her left. She turned towards it and tilted her head, holding her breath. What's that?
She glanced at the exit for a moment and then decided to check out whatever was hiding behind that trees. Pushing through brushes she slowly got forward and noticed that the light was getting more intense the closer she got.
With a final bit of effort she managed to push through a wall of thorns without ripping her costume, and reached a small clearing.
Now she could that it was not one light but indeed several white orbs floating in the air, humming deeply.
She ought to be scared, but she wasn't. Instead she felt... peaceful? A cool breeze caught in her wings and slightly flapped them. The leaves behind her were whispering, but her gaze was fixed on the lights.
They started to move towards her, and she slowly paced in their direction.
One after another they began to slowly circle her, their hums getting up and down with the flickering of their brightness.
She tried to keep the biggest of them in sight and turned around herself, but she soon grew confused and dizzy, so she stopped.
And suddenly, it was over. The magic was gone, as abruptly as it had appeared.
She looked after them as they rose up into the sky, fading against the nightsky.
What just happened?, she wondered.
Wasting a moment, she stood in amazement. That was, until she remembered.
Aw, man! I have something to do!
She looked around for one last time and sped into the direction of the exit again, fighting her way back through the bushes and woods.
Soon, she reached the first house. It was beautifully decorated and appeared inviting to her.
She bit her tongue. I can't let Sapphire win!
Gathering all her confidence, she went up to the door. She put up her most beautiful smile, made a fist and knocked gently.
"Trick or Treat?"
Lights on!
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:11 am

Heliveric wrote:A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.

Looks good! Its pretty obvious what it is to anyone who has played the game, though as always with characters from games/movies/books/ect we suggest you say somewhere in the story who they are dressed as for the users who won't recognize it.

Brackensnake wrote:Image
Pet's name: Luke Skywalker
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Can you tell who he is if not?

I think it could use a bit more, though I know its not always easy to dress up some characters. Maybe you could try going more of a jedi outfit? I'm not sure if we have any good brown cloak items for that, but that would be easier for people to recognize.

Flatterina wrote:Hey guys!
This is the second time I am doing this, and since I've changed, well, everything compared to last year, I'd love to hear some feedback regarding my costume and story!
I am aware my costume isn't the best out there, but that's due to the fact that I have next to no useful items. Do you think this is sufficient?

(cut out the story to save space)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be dressed as, but it sounds like you are using the pet's design as part of, if not the whole costume. You're story never says what their costume is which also causes some confusion. The whole costume needs to be items that were added to the pet. This is the example I like to use;
^this image is directly from the archive, the pet doesn't have any items added, so if someone tried to use this pet as their trick or treater, it would be declined because the pet is not dressed up. If its not an item added to the pet, it cannot count as part of the costume.

That said, if you don't have a whole lot of items, there are users who give out items and costumes. Check out the 'costume help' post on the first page main thread, at the bottom of that post is where I put all the users who are giving out free costumes. Just be sure to read the instructions for asking for those items.

[cell - o - zon]
Aromantic Asexual
Agender [they/them]

For LOLO Only: Please title your PMs as
'trick or treat'. If you like items let me know!
Don't PM me this if you haven't signed up!
                            x
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 am

Celozon wrote:
(cut out the story to save space)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be dressed as, but it sounds like you are using the pet's design as part of, if not the whole costume. You're story never says what their costume is which also causes some confusion. The whole costume needs to be items that were added to the pet. This is the example I like to use;
^this image is directly from the archive, the pet doesn't have any items added, so if someone tried to use this pet as their trick or treater, it would be declined because the pet is not dressed up. If its not an item added to the pet, it cannot count as part of the costume.

That said, if you don't have a whole lot of items, there are users who give out items and costumes. Check out the 'costume help' post on the first page main thread, at the bottom of that post is where I put all the users who are giving out free costumes. Just be sure to read the instructions for asking for those items.

I added the petrified body parts, only the wings were part of its design anyway.
Hm, I didn't really want to dress it up as something recognizable, it's more like... a petrified cat, thats all. But maybe I can put that in the story.
If this can still not be counted as a costume I'll give the costume help a try.

Edit: I could make her a salmon too, but it would be more cute than spooky.
Lights on!
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Clubs and armies