Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby Jayfrost » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 am

I managed to catch five shinies, and evolved two jolteons, a flareon and a vaporeon. Shiny vaporeon is so pretty!! ;A;
I'm hoping to go back out into a larger town tomorrow, there's only two pokestops where I'm staying. I'd like to catch at least two more shinies so that I can get espeon and umbreon!

xxxxxxxImage

Imagexxxxxxx
───────────────────
xxxxxxxxxx
jay • they/them

disabled / chronically ill -
low activity & slow replies

i don't do art commissions

xxxxxxxxxx

────────🍂────────

Jayfrost
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:26 am

Still waiting on the event to hit for the Americas. Hopefully I can sneak in a little catching at work, I want all the shiny Eevees for all my fave Eeveelutions.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:25 am

I caught a 100% Eevee and 9 shinies. <3 whee!
Hoping to get some more shinies tomorrow, because I need one shiny for each form. Plus some more for future eeveelutions *cough*
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hau-chan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 am

As I love Pokemon Go so much, I decided to join in, if I may.

username; Hau-chan
favorite pokemon; available in Go game: Absol; from all Pokemon: Sylveon
how many pokemon do you have in your pokedex?; Kanto: 151 Johto: 94 Hoenn: 118
what team are you on?; Instinct

As for Eevee day, I got a total of 14 shinies and my fiance got 10, so it's quite good I think. I haven't evolved them yet. I also caught shiny Magikarp and Minun, so I guess it was my lucky day. c:
I am no longer available here. If for some reason you want to contact me, you can try on my FR account, though I am not very active there as well.
Hau-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

I walked away with about 20 Eevees and 0 shinies. Couldn't get any time to hunt more due to work which is a bummer since this is the only community day I have really paid attention to.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Yeah, the chance to get a shiny on community day is still fairly low. From my own personal "data", my estimate would be around a 5% rate, and I read another source estimating 4%. Still a bummer to catch 20 and not get even one.

What is everyone's plan for evolving the shinies?

Myself, I'd like to end up with one of each shiny Eevee variant in the end, which is gonna be tricky. There's a toal of 9 Eevee forms, including unevolved Eevee, and of course three of them can for now only be gotten randomly.

So, my strategy with 10 Eevees is this: I'm going to evolve two randomly. If any of them turn out to be Espeon or Umbreon, I will evolve another one randomly. My worst case outcome is getting two Vapeoreons/Jolteons/Flareons, but I'd still have enough unevolved Eeevees for each form. I'll use the walking 10km as a buddy trick to get Espeon and Umbreon. My best case outcome would be getting an Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon and Jolteon or Flareon randomly, leaving me with only one more random evolution to go and no need to walk 10 or 20km. I'm assuming that Lefeon and Glaceon will come with naming tricks like all others before them, and I'll save the naming tricks for two dedicated shiny Eevees I'm holding onto. I'm also holding onto one for Sylveon, if that ever happens.

Beyond that, I'm going to wait with evolving the last needed random outcomes and hope that Niantic releases a way to evolve our Eevees with a garaunteed outcome, like with stones in the main game series. If any of that made sense. :lol:
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:01 pm

You can only get the original three randomly; you have to do the buddy thing for Umbreon and Espeon.

I got 14 shinies across both days and it was really nice to have partly cloudy weather almost the whole event! I have tons of high CP 2nd tier Eevees with 12+ attack stat now. I evolved 5 shinies randomly and got 2 Jolteon, 2 Flareon, and one Vaporeon. I'm walking my Umbreon shiny now and I'll do my Espeon next. I have three nice ones saved for the next three Eeveelutions, too!
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I got 16 shinies total, I've seen people with far lass and far more - but we're talking about 350+ caught Eevees total here.
I didn't look at my numbers before, but judging from my candies I caught about 430-450 myself.

I'm going to evolve two shinies into Umbreon/Espeon using the buddy trick and then three others randomly and hope for the best. In case I get doubles, I'll trade them (luckily we have quite a few active players in my small town).
Won't touch the other shinies until we get new eeveelutions. :3
_________ Image

Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 am

Lacuna wrote:
    You can only get the original three randomly; you have to do the buddy thing for Umbreon and Espeon.

Oh well that's good to know. At least it helps the odds with the other three.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 am

Oh my, I just evolved three shiny eevees and I really got all Gen1 eeveelutions, yay! =D
Once I collected enough candies with Beldum, I'll switch to Eevee for my buddy and then evolve my Shiny Umbreon/Espeon.
_________ Image

Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me