Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby Raire » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 am

∞★∞ wrote:
    What I mean is there's nobody to, as you put it, 'group up.'

There was a Tyranitar raid at my town and there was N O O N E. I waited for 30 minutes.

For the trailer part... that was super cool, but it was also a year ago.

Could also be, because everyone is saving their raid passes for the Legendaries right now. Since you can only get 1 free raid pass per day...

I also don't do any raids for Lapras, Snorlax or Tyranitar right now. Or Tyracrocs (still need the candy for the final evolution) even though I can handle them solo and can easily snatch them with a pinapberry.

Around our town there's a WhatsApp & Discord group where we discuss new raids. Found out about that group from other players in town I spotted when there were active lures.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:35 am

Welp goodbye articuno and goodbye my dreams of having a full dex.

Nightsong-Shadowclan wrote:
Raire wrote:
∞★∞ wrote:
    Pokemon Go is meaningless for me now.

Oh great, try to solo a Lugia raid! Nope. Not happening.

The game is done for.

Instead of trading, breeding, PvP, we get impossible battles.

No one can solo a Lugia, Niantic.

Honestly, what were they thinking? 'Hey, lets get people back in the game by making something impossible and useless and make a flop of a event exclusively for Chicago people or rich people!'

No Niantic

The whole point of those raids is to group up and not defeat them solo.

Just like in the first trailer with many people trying to defeat Mewtu... that was the idea from the very beginning. *lol*

Exactly

But finding groups is impossible when no one plays anymore sigh
There's a single pokemon go facebook group for my country, and almost all of the players are in the capital city, not in any of the other cities. Which makes the legends unobtainable for anyone else.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Easterrabbit2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 am

And then there's me...

Plenty of people play here, sure but my app just won't even let me play!!

I try to login but the loading screen continues forever :(

I haven't played in months.... it's the apps fault...

(OR maybe the fact that my phone is getting pretty old and outdated...)
Hello, I'm Easterrabbit2! I'm a mobile user. I've been a member since 2016! I don't log in as often anymore but I'll never miss an event, especially Easter :3
Former artist/moderator of Pixel Pups (you will be missed o7)
I drew my own pfp!!

Easterrabbit2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 am

Yeah, these raids are kind of pointless, and I hate that Niantic has chosen to use them as the method for releasing Legendarys.

I'm a Mystic who just couldn't get my Articuno because like....4 people in my area are the only one's actively playing anymore. The only raids the 4 of us can take are the little ones with dumb things we already technically have. And nobody uses Facebook groups out here in the styx, so we can't really just...Find people to meet up with.

Even out in Raleigh, it's hard to find anyone who hasn't dropped the ball on the game.
They waited far to long to release Gen 2, the waited far to long to bring the legends in, and when they did, they did it wrong.

I'm trying. I really am trying to stick with to game to see if things improve. But right now, I'm the least pleased with it I've ever been.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nolan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 am

Yeah...I have to agree with the others. Releasing legendaries via raid battles was a terrible decision. For me, my town is small where you can't even walk anywhere because there's no sidewalks, so hoping people are out playing at the same time as me is a waste of my time.

Once again the game favors people who live in cities, and that's about it.
Nolan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Raire wrote:
∞★∞ wrote:

The game is done for.

Honestly, what were they thinking? 'Hey, lets get people back in the game by making something impossible and useless and make a flop of a event exclusively for Chicago people or rich people!'

No Niantic

Just like in the first trailer with many people trying to defeat Mewtu... that was the idea from the very beginning. *lol*

Coming from someone who just got back from a large tourist trap town and got to participate in an actual raid battle with a group of strangers: it's still broken. The lag gets so bad that it's a toss of the dice whether or not you even get to finish the battle and try to catch the pokemon before your ap crashes/you're timed out, even IF you are fortunate enough to happen upon a huge group of people at that site.

It's kind of rude to "lol" at people when they have every right to be frustrated over a buggy feature that forces group play, especially considering it was rolled out after the vast majority of players lost interest. :/ You aren't going to just happen upon the recommended 20 players for articuno or moltres unless you live in a city or are in a touristy area. And even if you do? good luck dealing with the lag.
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby z i m » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:33 pm

you need twenty people to take ANY of the legendaries. you can have 8 people and win with over a minute left- as long as everyone in the group is over level 30/ at level 30.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
lthey/themcurrently watching: the bear

hello! im l and i use any pronouns.
-
i mostly just trade on here, but
feel free to check out some of these
art shoptradeetsy
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

z i m

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:47 pm

miss mysterious wrote:
you need twenty people to take ANY of the legendaries. you can have 8 people and win with over a minute left- as long as everyone in the group is over level 30/ at level 30.

If you'll notice I said "recommended" 20 people, as in that's how many people Niantic suggests you attempt the raid with/how many people they expect will be needed on average to be successful.

Which means they are perfectly aware of the fact that using raids as the method of obtaining legendaries means the legendaries are completely out of reach for anybody who doesn't live in a heavily populated area and for those who can't afford to travel.

Might be the nature of the game but people have a right to express their frustration with it.

And that isn't even getting into the extra issues caused by lag.
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Selkiegal wrote:
Raire wrote:
∞★∞ wrote:

The game is done for.

No Niantic

Coming from someone who just got back from a large tourist trap town and got to participate in an actual raid battle with a group of strangers: it's still broken. The lag gets so bad that it's a toss of the dice whether or not you even get to finish the battle and try to catch the pokemon before your ap crashes/you're timed out, even IF you are fortunate enough to happen upon a huge group of people at that site.

It's kind of rude to "lol" at people when they have every right to be frustrated over a buggy feature that forces group play, especially considering it was rolled out after the vast majority of players lost interest. :/ You aren't going to just happen upon the recommended 20 players for articuno or moltres unless you live in a city or are in a touristy area. And even if you do? good luck dealing with the lag.

This so much.
It also seems like the map has somehow become less accurate? idk if thats the fault of the game, though, but now I seem to get those "u r going too fast!!" alerts literally every few minutes when I'm at home, sitting down. And the map shows me all the way across the street. While it's never been super accurate to begin with, its never been this bad too.

But yeah, at this point it starts to feel like the game is being targeted towards tourists/people who travel excessively. As you need to visit many different locations to get the regionals, and you need to be in very popular locations to actually get enough people to take on a legendary.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 am

Basically this post I made on Tumblr sums up my thoughts atm.

-
-
-
-

Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me