Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby broker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:55 am

Code: Select all
    spoilers for the comic ahead!!

am I the only one moderately disappointed with how Sombra behaved in that one? My cousin and I discussed it and her interactions with Zarya just felt choppy and out of character. And wouldn't she had done enough research to know about Zayra's gravitation pull? I mean heck, panel 8: "And you're Aleksandra Zaryanova, hero of Russia and Katya Volskaya's very ill-advised puppet." RESEARCHING AND BEING ONE STEP AHEAD OF EVERYONE IS KIND OF HER THING.

I really feel like alot of this interaction was just showcasing abilities from the game, and just focusing on the progression between Zayra and Lynx. Which, don't get me wrong, Lynx is adorable and I love it how Zarya is developing for the better--but come on it's sombra. :(

awh congratulations Rikchikchik! that's awesome <3
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Minor spoilers for the comic;

Apparently Linx is the first non-binary overwatch character as confirmed by a director. Also, I'm surprised Sombras name was revealed to be Olivia colomar. Honestly, theyy could've done better in my opinion lol
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

struggling with gender identity
rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Lynx is so good like I love them so much.
Their cute lil ears the beb.

Also idk I really like the given name for Sombra. :0 I think it's good. Not sure it fits her that well, but that's because we've known her as Sombra for so long that this new name feels strange to associate with her.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 pm

I mean, her name isn't bad at all, but I wish it would've sounded more traditional.

Like these fellas

Isabella.
Valentina.
Camila.
Valeria.
Luciana.
Ximena/Jimena.
Mariana.

eSPECIALLY MARIANA

*taken from top 100 Hispanic names
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 pm

If we're going with that Jesse McCree isn't a good name for a cowboy Lmao @ the payload in Hollywood

While I agree with your names, I dunno, I enjoy the given name. Just because she is Hispanic doesn't necessarily mean that she needs a name traditional to her homeland, though I understand your points and how it could be construed as a bad thing for the creators to name her what they did.

Maybe I'm biased because I love Sombra and her name,
but I also want to remind that her name is a really popular name in both English and Spanish speaking countries, and that you don't always have to fit into your labels and name your kids names popular to that country. I personally love the fact that her name is kind of unique for her demographic. :0c

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Well I think I just don't prefer it lol. I'm picky with names given to my favorite characters so chances are it would be hard to please me with anything
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Couch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Lynx is my son and Maximilian is my husband
hello my omnic family

But anyway everybody was freaking out about her name and I just didn't get the 'omg' treatment like name olivia just doesn't look like it fits her...?
Couch - She/her
Icon - Sig
Couch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 am

Yea I gotta agree her name does't really fit at that much at all-- but the bigger question for me is *why did alexandra know where sombra was*? I love that little girl but I have a feel she's got something coming up some time, an explaination of sorts. She's one of my favorite minor characters, along with the girl who got a burn on her face in Symmetra's comic way back when.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 am

Swishy & Broken wrote:
    Yea I gotta agree her name does't really fit at that much at all-- but the bigger question for me is *why did alexandra know where sombra was*? I love that little girl but I have a feel she's got something coming up some time, an explaination of sorts. She's one of my favorite minor characters, along with the girl who got a burn on her face in Symmetra's comic way back when.

I think it's because the citizens actually appreciate Sombra since she leaked important information from their government, and the girl only knew to tell her where she was because of her encounter with 76

Well, my lore is a bit rusty so I may have it wrong, sorry!
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantazyy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:45 am

I'm kinda shocked that Sombra's name was revealed, just like that. I thought it would be a big thing, with an entire comic dedicated to it or something. Like, the last part of a puzzle that made everything make sense. It felt a little weird, ooc and easy, I'm not sure if I "trust" it. It takes one kid to be motivated to do something and the advantage of presumably years of work disappearing is gone? Maybe I was excepting to much haha. I wonder what they'll do with this, what this means, and what's next?

Also! I finally go to level 25 and tried comp. I was only able to complete two of my placements, easily winning the first and losing the second one. I wanted to play widow but it wasn't working out so I ended up just playing support for both games hh.
⭐Zee⭐She/Her⭐Artist⭐
Hello there! I'm Zee, I do art and stuff! I'm not super into trading anymore and use CS mostly for the art forums.
Check my art out on my socials: Deviantart, Instagram, Artfight, Toyhou.se, Twitter, and Tumblr. If you follow me anywhere it'll make my day!
Art shopCharacter shopLF art thread

art on left was done by riimehh and art on right was done by shikairean
fantazyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me