▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Nov/9/23-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What How to train your Dragon games have you played?

School of Dragons (Rip in pieces)
22%
Rise of Berk (App)
30%
Titan Uprising (App)
26%
Dawn of the Dragon riders (Switch)
9%
Legends of the Nine realms (Switch)
No votes
How to train your dragon 1 (All platforms)
9%
How to train your dragon 2 (All platforms)
4%
Other games (Apparently there's a lot? Discuss!)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW RULE Mar./10/

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 am

I may or may not have been up until 4am playing the expansion oOPS.
I'll be playing again today probably between 6pm EST and like....2am EST. xD
Leaving my time zone in in case anyone want's to join up, but it's like 3 hours from now.

EDIT;

Ok, so there seems to be a sudden wave of new players, and the game is being jumpy and slow as all get-out. I've had to hard reboot the laptop at least once so far. :|
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

I didn't realize the game would spawn in multiple versions of the same NPC when running multiple quests involving them. I was very weirded out while talking to Hiccup as he waved at me with a third arm. xD
It seems....Wasteful, of server space to put the same person in the same spot, rather than to attach all the dialogue to one instance of the NPC.

Also, Stables cost gems?!?!?! What in the actual name of Thor?! WHY?
And why is the only Coin Stable for friggin Gronkles? If I can get a Nightmare egg for coins, I should jolly well be able to buy a stable for him in coins too. I mean do these people realize that not every player can afford to purchase gems? Literally the only gems I can get right now are from the daily bonuses, and that won't really do squat for me at this rate. I could do offers via my phone, but frankly, I'm not up for ruining my phone. The more I play, the more it feels like "Pay to win", and I'm not cool with that.

But....I've been rambling about the game to much, I feel. >.<

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 am

Yeah, stables like that don't make sense. Also, why is there NOTHING to do after you've finished all the quests they have out? I can buy as many dragons as I'd damn well like, but if I want to do anything productive or level up hatchlings without gems - forget it! I'm so incredibly bored without any quests... sigh...
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon May 15, 2017 12:18 pm

The lack of quests is beginning to be a problem, yeah. I got a ton of stuff to do when i picked up icestorm, but now im down to the last few slow bits and all i can do is fly around the map. :/ I cant go picking up other expansions though; because i need those gems to get more dragons/stables.

Not to mention the Game technically owes me 161 gems, due to previously completed "Offers" and a watched video.That system is unreliable and broken, so I'm forced to earn gems at the daily snails pace.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL May/14/1

Postby AtlasHyperion » Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 am

I got membership a birthday or so ago, so now I'm getting 500 gems/month. But yeah, once the game charged me like 80 bucks instead of 20 because it was being weird when I tried to buy gems. I only got the $20's worth of gems, so I called the company and complained and they gave me like 12,000 gems for making a mistake... yeah I don't know why they did that but okay... not complaining. I've always gotten lucky when it comes to buying in-game items for real money, and it works out well in the end, but not when it comes to ads. I've watched so many ads for this one game and not once did I even get a gem FRAGMENT. Yeah... sigh.
atlas // they/them
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 am

The payout balance in quests is off, too.
I run a Quest for hiccup to make a Saddle, have to buy it for 500 coins, and only get 50 in return at the end of the quest.

Not to mention the fact that I had to buy a Gronckle egg for a quest that wanted me to fish out at sea. Didn't want a Gronckle. Didn't need one for anything other than that quest. Now I have a Male Gronckle named Magmarous. :|

Oh and now I have a whispering death egg. Which is cool, and a Dragon I did actually want (so thanks Hiccup), but than I run into the stable thing again, and that's another expense I Really can't afford when it comes down to things like Farming quests and Fishing quests and just any quest that requires some purchase to complete.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 am

Yeah, another problem is if you don't have an expansion and the Headmaster or whoever lets you do part of the quest and then just leaves it there with an open quest line. Wot? I want to either play the quest or not play the quest, not sit around waiting 8 years for enough gems to buy the expansion.
atlas // they/them
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 am

Tankie wrote:Yeah, another problem is if you don't have an expansion and the Headmaster or whoever lets you do part of the quest and then just leaves it there with an open quest line. Wot? I want to either play the quest or not play the quest, not sit around waiting 8 years for enough gems to buy the expansion.

Mm, I accidentally picked up the Death song Quest, and that expansion is pricey.
I just ignore the headmaster, really. Unless of course a smaller quest takes me to him.
And I swear I've completed every quest with the Icestorm Icon by it, but it still won't let me pick up a Groncicle. I didn't think every tiny side quest counted, but I guess it does.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Tue May 16, 2017 2:02 pm

So, As I play this game, I'm finding more and more fault with it.
I'm frustrated at this to the point that I have started trying to obtain a forum account to post these issues.
The quote box below if what I've written for this post, and I'd like to know what you all think of it.

"Free to play, or Pay to Win?"

I'd like to start this post off by saying that I do very much enjoy this game. It's plenty entertaining and does have quite a bit to do. That said, the following wall of text is going to be a mixture of Criticisms and Frustrations. I ask you to bare with me and, read to the end if you so choose.

My first bit, Involves the Open Expansion Quests. I'm sure others have touched on this in the past, but it really needs to be drummed in before anyone changes it, I suppose. I picked up my first expansion quest, and it wasn't even outwardly labeled as such. The Main and First Gronckcicle quest. I believe it started with either Eret or Fishlegs (or one lead me to the other) and than went to Johan, and than to Hiccup, who proceeded to tell me to fly to Icestorm. Of course I couldn't get there, as I didn't have the expansion, and as this was September of last year, It was still on offer for Gems. I was stuck with a quest I couldn't complete, and Hiccup wouldn't shut up about (I've since discovered how to switch the quest focuses).

This leads into my next act, Regarding the inability to discard a quest. Being stuck with a quest in my book is more a matter of frustration than anything, but an issue all the same. Once you're down to only that one expansion quest, The game will constantly remind you of it with the task listed at the bottom of the screen. So you've only one thing to do, that you can't, because you you can't afford to buy gems and the game simply doesn't generate them fast enough for you to get anywhere. I've done the math for a 1000 Gem expansion, and it would take you from the first of June to September 28th to get that expansion. That's about 4 months, and in the meantime there's nothing to do in the game as you've run out of quests to preform.

But, That poor rate of gem earning Brings me to another point; The unreliable Gem earning system. The Videos seem to be permanently broken unless you find them on the offers page, and sweetie you need to /have friends/ before you can invite to anything. I had no problems completing a couple of offers at the start of my game play; I had to earn gems to buy the next level fishing rod for some salmon (and frankly I'd have rather used the gems on something better...). I wanted to earn even more to maybe bring me up to speed in purchasing an expansion, since it was glaringly apparent that it would become a necessity to do so. I was completing these offers on a separate device to the one I played on because I wasn't going to risk my actual phone for the sake of a game. At first I thought that The gems weren't being rewarded do to the alternate device, but at the time I was to frustrated to deal with it. I was owed probably around 160 gems. Coming back to the gameplay now, I decided to give the offers another try. Re-downloaded and installed the game on the same device, watched a video, got nothing. I was ready to chalk it up to the fact that it may just be the device, but I've looked at the Customer support Thread to see that this is a frequent problem.

And deeper into the rabbit hole we go. The Customer support thread is useless. I looked at the thread, saw the screenshots, and opened the game back on the old phone to see if I could find this mystical page wherein I would find my pending Gem rewards. No such page exists. I load up the offers page, and all I see are a list of offers and the exit button in the corner. I don't know if this is because they've changed offer providers, or because this provider is tried of hearing about how crap their system is. Furthermore, this Offer system only seems to exist on the Mobile version of the game. I've got it downloaded on this older laptop and the only option that appears for earning gems is inviting friends, and I do believe we've covered that already.

So now, with my only free Gem option being to get them through daily rewards, I'm left with only two options; Get a Membership, or Buy the gems. In case it hasn't become apparent by my only touching on it at this point in the post, I can't afford to go purchasing Gems or a Membership. The is a shame, considering more than half of the game seems to revolve around gems. Sure, I can get a Nightmare egg for around 5k Coins (Earned painstakingly through farming and fishing, Because as I've mentioned the quests dry up), but to get a Stable for it would require 300 Gems. It would take me 5 weeks to get that.

I don't have fancy armor. I can't use "Features" that are rudely put in plain sight despite my lack of membership (You know, so I can see em' and not touch em). I don't have the "Cool" Dragons. I can't get stables to even house them. The Quest payouts are unbalanced (500 coins for a saddle, only get 50 from the quest itself. Having to purchase a Gronckle, because it's the only dragon that can fish over the sea, and the Quest gives you 25 coins. >.>). There aren't even enough quests for players without expansions.

So like the post title I beg the Question, Is this Free to Play, or Pay to win?
It feels pretty pay to win for me right now, and that's upsetting considering how much potential this game has.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scribblefoxx » Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 am

Sorry for vanishing guys! I forgot to check CS, whoops

@Noni - that's a really interesting analysis :0 I agree that it would be nice to be able to cancel quests, and yeah a lot of the quests are really unfair (the Gronckle one was pretty annoying when I first got it). I've never bought membership, but my main method for earning gems is having multiple characters. I think new character slots are like 200ish gems? Then you get the daily bonus for both characters and it goes to the same gem total, so you get double the amount of gems from the daily bonus. It doesn't take that long for the character to pay for itself, and plus having all the quests again gives you something to do when your main account is all out of quests. I have five characters, so I get 150 gems every five days just from the bonuses, and also I earn gems in the battles pretty often.
Also, back to the topic of a trading system - I don't want a full user-to-user system, because I can see how that would be a problem, but it would be nice to be able to sell unused dragon eggs back to the store for a few hundred gems. That way I can do something with the extra eggs I don't want to hatch.

Edit: I'm gonna be on SoD for the next hour or so probably, if anyone wants to come find me and hang out. @Noni, I sent you a friend request because the one you sent me didn't show up for some reason

scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me