Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Postby skyline » Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 am

honestly, if i'm to state my true feelings about the leaks here, i know everyone's been super upset like
      "oH the end of the show is like spoiled" but seriously, we all knew everything in the leak was going
      to happen anyway. i'm just so glad peridot wasn't there, i'd be so upset if her new outfit had been spoiled.

nevertheless, i totally get why people are upset, as i myself am not the happiest about it, cn should've
      known better than to do that. but people are seriously overreacting about this. it's not like we didn't know
      all of this was going to happen at some point, even if some of them had been circling in theories, such
      as, (spoilers>) the diamonds coming to earth. but we all knew for a fact bismuth was coming
      back. that was already confirmed. it was cool to see she had a new outfit though, and i'm quite excited for
      that episode to come.
      anyways. i think we should all calm down a bit, as everything was out of
      context as well, we still get to see how it all plays out without knowing a thing. that's my main point here.
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Postby cinnamonbun. » Fri May 04, 2018 8:10 am

LapisWolf19917 wrote:
InZugzwang wrote:
LapisWolf19917 wrote:What kinds of things were leaked? I haven't been on top of the recent news lately.

Possibly the show finale

I accidentally saw the leaked videos and I am very upset

Wait WHAT

it was pretty bad, and they havent apologized
cinnamonbun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 am

InZugzwang wrote:
LapisWolf19917 wrote:
InZugzwang wrote:Possibly the show finale

I accidentally saw the leaked videos and I am very upset

Wait WHAT

it was pretty bad, and they havent apologized

To clarify, it's confirmed that the leak is not the series finale or even anywhere close to the end of the show. Further, Cartoon Network has in fact issued multiple apologies.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am

Ian James-Quartey (Rebecca Sugar's partner) did say something on Twitter about this and honestly? I'm not surprised that Cartoon Network has dropped the ball once again. Basically, some clips from upcoming episodes were used without the Crewniverse's permission. They are not from the show finale. That is just a rumor. I'm pretty sure the content is just from 2 upcoming episodes. I'm hoping it'll be the start of a regular Thursday release schedule. I do miss having something to come back to weekly.

Not to revive old drama, but I think I'll try to start coming back into the fandom. I do have some reservations around the situation involving Concrete, but will try to keep looking forward and hope they stay mindful not to do things like that in the future. I do wish they pulled those copies from the shelves and reissued a print without that design in there, but that probably would have been too steep a cost for them.

Here's Ian's tweets, if anyone's interested.

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bronzewing » Fri May 04, 2018 12:37 pm

The fact that it isn't the finale sounds good, but it poses more questions... as to why that isn't the finale. Something else is going to happen...
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
ᴍʏ ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.ꜱᴇ
ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪꜱɪɴɢ
sᴇᴍɪ-ʟɪᴛ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ
ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ!
ɪ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ ᴘᴏꜱᴛꜱ
ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ->
none of the images in the Collection belong to me
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Bronzewing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 pm

it's good to see ian speaking out about this, but where exactly
      was it confirmed the leaks arent towards the end of the show?
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby rainboxys » Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 pm

skyline wrote:
      it's good to see ian speaking out about this, but where exactly
      was it confirmed the leaks arent towards the end of the show?

I did forget that Ian also tweeted this:

Which implies that the spoilers are not the end-all-be-all for the series. While there are 9 episodes left in the fifth season, it is possible that Steven Universe may be renewed for a sixth... We'll just have to wait and see how things play out.
bats // it/its // adult

my personal characters
are not up for sale or trade.

find me elsewhere @ rainboxys
discord: somnacanth
commission TOS

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorrohh » Fri May 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Possible spoilers> Are you kidding me? I saw the leaks and I was excited that the show was coming to an end, even if it was slightly spoiled for me. Steven Universe is getting worse. Don't try to say it's not, we all know it's true. It isn't as exciting as the earlier seasons. There are shows where you're excited for a bunch of plot-heavy episodes, and then there's Steven Universe, where there is no break anymore. It really does feel like it was supposed to end in season 3. Designs have gotten worse, everything feels rushed. Etc. It is still really good, just not as good as when it started. There are no surprises anymore. But to have the DIAMONDS THEMSELVES show forgiveness and NOT have that be the finale, feels like they are trying to milk this show as long as they possibly can. We already know everything that is going to happen, nothing new can be revealed that will affect the ending of the show. The last thing I want to happen is something new comes that is really big and effects everything. I hoped (and am still hoping) that The Trial was the last bombshell that would be dropped with the "maybe rose quartz is innocent" act, and I also hope that isn't true. Tl;dr, If we're getting one more revelation, there's a 99% chance that I will be done with this series. Please, just end already.
Sorrohh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm

LapisWolf19917 wrote:The fact that it isn't the finale sounds good, but it poses more questions... as to why that isn't the finale. Something else is going to happen...

I assume you saw the leak? (transparent spoilers) [I can tell you with absolute certainty that no writer on the SU crew is stupid enough to end the show with the diamonds becoming friends with the Crystal Gems. That would be like ending Gravity Falls with the discovery of all the journals or something. Making friends with the diamonds is an inevitable step, but it has to happen for a reason--why would the Diamonds willingly ally themselves with the Crystal Gems if it is not to fight off a common enemy, or because they've been forced together, or any other reason that has a whole unfinished story tied to it? None of the Crystal Gems look at all comfortable with the Diamonds being there anyway, and Blue Diamond's ship has visibly crashed into Steven's house. Not only that, but it isn't even close to the series finale. Yeah, something else is gonna happen--because the story isn't over yet. That's just how stories work.

There is literally no need to panic.
]
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bronzewing » Sat May 05, 2018 8:59 am

Disgustedorite wrote:
LapisWolf19917 wrote:The fact that it isn't the finale sounds good, but it poses more questions... as to why that isn't the finale. Something else is going to happen...

I assume you saw the leak? (transparent spoilers) [I can tell you with absolute certainty that no writer on the SU crew is stupid enough to end the show with the diamonds becoming friends with the Crystal Gems. That would be like ending Gravity Falls with the discovery of all the journals or something. Making friends with the diamonds is an inevitable step, but it has to happen for a reason--why would the Diamonds willingly ally themselves with the Crystal Gems if it is not to fight off a common enemy, or because they've been forced together, or any other reason that has a whole unfinished story tied to it? None of the Crystal Gems look at all comfortable with the Diamonds being there anyway, and Blue Diamond's ship has visibly crashed into Steven's house. Not only that, but it isn't even close to the series finale. Yeah, something else is gonna happen--because the story isn't over yet. That's just how stories work.

There is literally no need to panic.
]

Yeah, that's why I feel that something else has to happen for that to not be the ending. There's probably going to be something bigger coming up, and probably soon. The leaks just gave away some of the story, but not the biggest part. It's going to be fun to see how this all happens! (even though I left the fandom recently.)
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
ᴍʏ ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.ꜱᴇ
ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪꜱɪɴɢ
sᴇᴍɪ-ʟɪᴛ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ
ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ!
ɪ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ ᴘᴏꜱᴛꜱ
ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ->
none of the images in the Collection belong to me
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Bronzewing

My pets