✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Postby Hocaro Kitsune » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am

Oh heyyy!

This is my first time posting here aaa. I'm a pokemon collector!I also play the games and I collect a bit of everything!
My favorite pokemon is Houndour and I've managed to get all the cards of it and houndoom, All 3 of the plushies (If the mirage counts as an official one because it was made when pokemon was giving there license out to about everyone back when they were made in the pokemania days) and almost all the figures! I'll work on getting the Houndoom stuuff eventually (I like houndour more than houndoom) \

Hocaro Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:12 am

Welcome to the club! Those plushes are adorable, and I agree, Houndour is one of my favorite Dark types.

Also, my father told me that my cards aren't in good condition, so you're probably right about them being worth a dollar at the most, if even that. I'm not going to sell them anytime soon though, the shop is closed on Sundays and Mondays, so I'll have to wait, but based on the reviews I've seen, the shop is reasonable on pricing old cards.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:17 am

I’ve got a binder full of cards I won’t sell. Dad wants me to. But Mom says they are a part of my childhood. Nice to see Mom takes my side for some things.
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paws00001 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 am

Ember1989 wrote:I’ve got a binder full of cards I won’t sell. Dad wants me to. But Mom says they are a part of my childhood. Nice to see Mom takes my side for some things.

thats good! i would keep them because
i get sentimental so easily so things like pokemon cards
or a pokemon i gave a nickname to i cant let go!! QnQ
hi
paws00001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:49 am

I know how you feel. I have a bunch of stuffed toy Pokémon. I’m not letting them go! I also have every game. Not trading those GBA ones away!
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkbay » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 pm

The pokemon gba games I ordered just came! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get home and play them.

darkbay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 pm

darkbay wrote:The pokemon gba games I ordered just came! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get home and play them.

I hate to tell you this but those are very much fake so I'd get a return going. Here's what the legit GBA carts look like:
https://chieftain20.wordpress.com/2014/ ... mon-games/

I've gotten a few very cheap booties in hopes of finding a gem like CandyEvie's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaAQ5Ztefg
but if you don't have something that poorly mistranslated and brilliant they're truly not worth keeping, especially since most don't even have the capability to save

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkbay » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:31 pm

mokuroh wrote:
darkbay wrote:The pokemon gba games I ordered just came! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get home and play them.

I hate to tell you this but those are very much fake so I'd get a return going. Here's what the legit GBA carts look like:
https://chieftain20.wordpress.com/2014/ ... mon-games/

I've gotten a few very cheap booties in hopes of finding a gem like CandyEvie's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaAQ5Ztefg
but if you don't have something that poorly mistranslated and brilliant they're truly not worth keeping, especially since most don't even have the capability to save

I know that they are most likely bootleg, The reason that i didn't have a real problem with that is because the only place that ships to me is ebay, and 85% of ebays gba products are bootleg so I wont pay eighty bucks for a game that someone claims is authentic.
The only games that I would know for sure are 99% legit without actually seeing them would be factory sealed games that cost 300$ and even that can be faked...
What is important to me is getting a decent gaming experience out of them, so if they save and are passably translated, I'm good. If not, I will return them.
But you know what? They might be authentic. I don't know, I'll take what I can get.
darkbay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:48 pm

darkbay wrote:I know that they are most likely bootleg, The reason that i didn't have a real problem with that is because the only place that ships to me is ebay, and 85% of ebays gba products are bootleg so I wont pay eighty bucks for a game that someone claims is authentic.
The only games that I would know for sure are 99% legit without actually seeing them would be factory sealed games that cost 300$ and even that can be faked...
What is important to me is getting a decent gaming experience out of them, so if they save and are passably translated, I'm good. If not, I will return them.
But you know what? They might be authentic. I don't know, I'll take what I can get.

As long as you know what you're getting into but I'd play them A LOT during the warranty to make sure they do save and don't corrupt after a while. And most preowned gba ones are only around $20-25. If you want I could snoop around ebay to find ones I'm sure are legit under $30, I have all 5 with me as a frame of reference

SPEAKING OF BOOTLEGS
I recently found this absolute beaut at a Gamestop of all places. The employee that must've bought it wouldn't let it go for less than $15 but the other guy workin' there talked some sense
Never seen another like it but I'm sure they are out there. This one says 'Ninfendo' on the back

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Wow I got a permanant ban from mitsuki.tv after getting in an argument with mitsukis friend. I was using trade commands like this:
!trade Deposit: Skiddo, Gender: Male, Shiny: Yes, Level: 10, Ball: Moon Ball
They come in telling me that Gender: isnt a command and thats why my trades are failing. I had thought i had seen it on the list of commands and said it was but then agreed that it wasnt after checking again. I then let them know I had been using that all day and the only trades that were failing were ones with skiddo as my deposit mon. I claimed that it must be the pokemon skiddo that wasnt working not the commands. I backed my claim by using the same commands on other pokemon and then on skiddo. The ones with skiddo all failed while the rest were successful. They continued to tell me i was wrong along with calling me a know it all, albert einstein, and some other words that I am not allowed to use here. I told them that if I was wrong then they should get a skiddo and try it themself. They refused and continue calling me names. Next thing I know, I have a permanent ban from the chat and they are still in the chat talking trash about me.

Edit; so apparently the reason for my ban was that I 'insulted him'. After he had harassed me for awhile I told him to keep his nose out if my issue if he isn't going to help me.
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me