✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:30 am

Are you using the DexNav? Chaining the DexNav helps, but in order to chain, you have to have caught the Pokemon you want to chain
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am

I have Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I recently restarted Omega Ruby. I’ve been soft resetting for two days just to get a shiny starter. No such luck. Now I’m just catching every Pokémon with the help of my DexNav. Still annoyed I didn’t get a shiny starter. I can’t even find a shiny in the wild.
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 am

DexNav chaining saves shiny lives. I've caught plenty using it. You just need a lot of patience and or time to kill.

Normally Wikihow is hilariously awful but their DexNav chaining guide isn't that bad. There's also YT videos for it if you prefer video format. I don't really do DexNav chaining anymore (SOS chaining ftw) but it's your best shot for ORAS shinies.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:08 pm

I’ve been trying again to get a shiny starter....but I don’t see much of a difference in a normal Torchic or a shiny one...
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Shiny Torchic's colors are reversed, but once it evolves, the coloring differences are much less noticeable
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:26 am

I have been using Dexnav for chaining, yeah. I'm just worried about how potentially long it will take, Since I work so much and don't have the free time I used to
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twisti » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Hey, this is an odd question I think, but I don’t really know where else to ask it.

I’ve taken probably about a year long hiatus from Pokémon. Stopped playing the games, paying attention to new releases, and stopped collecting cards. Now I’m thinking about going back to playing Pokémon, but I don’t know where I should start. I got rid of my games because I needed money, so I’ll need to save for a bit before I can afford a new one, and even then I don’t know which game I would get. Ultra Sun and Moon didn’t seem like something that would interest me.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get back into Pokémon? Any big news or changes I should hear about?

Thanks for any replies <3

back on cs after being gone for four years!
he/they
twisti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ch!cken » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:45 am

twisti wrote:Hey, this is an odd question I think, but I don’t really know where else to ask it.

I’ve taken probably about a year long hiatus from Pokémon. Stopped playing the games, paying attention to new releases, and stopped collecting cards. Now I’m thinking about going back to playing Pokémon, but I don’t know where I should start. I got rid of my games because I needed money, so I’ll need to save for a bit before I can afford a new one, and even then I don’t know which game I would get. Ultra Sun and Moon didn’t seem like something that would interest me.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get back into Pokémon? Any big news or changes I should hear about?

Sun and moon is a good way to get back in and so is oras, Used games are pretty good I buy most of my games used, It just depends on what type of game your into.
ImageImage she/they/he :3
Ch!cken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:48 pm

twisti wrote:Hey, this is an odd question I think, but I don’t really know where else to ask it.

If you played sun/moon already then ultra sun/moon isn't much different. USM just adds more details and an extra mission after game similar to the looker thing in XY and Rayquaza in ORAS. My favorite gen 6/7 game is ORAS. If you haven't played gen 5 yet then try those instead? B2/W2 has way more content then BW but the story isn't as good as the originals. The downside is you can't trade in these games over wifi since the servers for Gen 4-5 shut down.

The next mainline game is supposedly coming out to switch next year in case you weren't aware. We don't know what they are called yet. They only said this in response to the backlash of people thinking the let's go games were main line games.

They already have side games coming out on switch called let's go pikachu and let's go Eevee. They look cool but not worth the 60$ price tag imo.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm

RWBY Rose wrote:They already have side games coming out on switch called let's go pikachu and let's go Eevee. They look cool but not worth the 60$ price tag imo.

I'm still on the fence with those two. I want a Yellow remake since it was my first game I owned but Let's Go is just... Pokemon Go on the Switch. I kinda want it but at the same time it's still pretty disappointing.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me