✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Postby MunchiiMoon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 am

RWBY Rose wrote:I did that to get a shiny ditto. I got a shiny charmander, totodile, vulpix, and two eevee using it. It's a smidge annoying doing it though because getting an egg/hatching it takes forever even when using the bike. But hey I can have a cool looking shiny umbreon with the move nightmare and a ninetails that knows curse! And yes I'm aware they aren't good moves on these Pokémon it's just for the aesthetic.

(Just want to point out this only works in gen 2. Breeding with a shiny doesn't affect your odds in any other gen)

Yea but it really makes your chances sooo much better. From 1/8192 to only 1/64
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Do you guys know if this works with gen 2 games that've been bought through the eshop and are digital copies on 3DS?
Just wondering if game freak would've fixed the glitches
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:53 am

Midnight Tails wrote:Do you guys know if this works with gen 2 games that've been bought through the eshop and are digital copies on 3DS?
Just wondering if game freak would've fixed the glitches

The glitches work on the eshop games yes, thats what im doing them on.
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 pm

An early distro update this time.

So, September's Legendaries are Latios and Latias.

PAL regions get another Nintendo Network one (1-23), whilst North America has to go to Best Buy for their serial codes (2-29). Canada might also be Best Buy?
For details of other regions, it's best to check https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/, making sure that the country selector at the bottom of the page is whichever is most relevant for you, I'm having trouble with my 'net at the moment, so it's taking ages just to check, and I'm not sure whether there's a lot of people outside of these regions who frequent here and care about this event.
Still, slowly getting towards the end, plus can't be long before ticket sales open for the upcoming movie, and I imagine a Zeraora event can't be too far off
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:50 am

Geowlett wrote:
RWBY Rose wrote:I did that to get a shiny ditto. I got a shiny charmander, totodile, vulpix, and two eevee using it. It's a smidge annoying doing it though because getting an egg/hatching it takes forever even when using the bike. But hey I can have a cool looking shiny umbreon with the move nightmare and a ninetails that knows curse! And yes I'm aware they aren't good moves on these Pokémon it's just for the aesthetic.

(Just want to point out this only works in gen 2. Breeding with a shiny doesn't affect your odds in any other gen)

Yea but it really makes your chances sooo much better. From 1/8192 to only 1/64

I think someone did the math and it's only a smidge faster than if you are in gen 6 or 7 hatching with oval charm+shiny charm+masuda. The time it takes to get an egg and hatch in gen 2 REALLY slows you down. I could be wrong because it's been a while since I read it. I'll try and refind the post and report back.

Edit: couldn't find it but now I'm really curious. I'll hatch an egg in each game and do the math when I get the time.

Re-Edit: Note for me. Shiny odds in gen 7 with masuda+shiny charm is 1/512.

Pokémon Silver
Time to get egg: 3:43 = 223 seconds
Time to hatch egg+Go through hatch animation: 3:23 = 203 seconds
Total time to hatch 1 magicarp egg = 426 seconds
Odds when breeding with shiny Ditto: 1/64
Time to hatch 64 eggs: 27,264 seconds (454.4 minutes or 7.6 hours)

Pokemon Ultra Sun
Time to get egg (with oval charm): 00:17
Time to hatch egg (flame body+hatch power)+Go through hatch animation: 00:50
Total time to hatch 1 magicarp egg = 67 seconds
Odds when breeding with masuda+shiny charm: 1/512
Time to hatch 512 eggs: 34,304 seconds (571.7 minutes or 9.5 hours)

So yeah hatching in gen 2 is faster. Not as much as it would seem, but faster. Probably a lot faster if you don't have the oval charm or shiny charm already. If you already do then it only is a few hours faster.

Note: I did these with magicarp eggs. Magicarp is one of the fastest hatching eggs in the game.
2nd Note: The time it takes to get an egg may very slightly. I literally only got one egg in each game... too lazy to find the average time.
3rd Note: You can't hatch a shiny female Eevee/starter/etc. in SGC. The way shininess works in SGC makes it impossible... so if you were planning on doing that then you'll have to do it in another generation.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:47 am

Can anyone give me an idea of what my old Pokemon cards might be worth? I've got about 250 that are 2006 and prior, the ones with the more simple artwork. I also somehow have five foreign cards, don't know what language they are, but my guess is German
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:52 am

Dark Octoling wrote:Can anyone give me an idea of what my old Pokemon cards might be worth? I've got about 250 that are 2006 and prior, the ones with the more simple artwork. I also somehow have five foreign cards, don't know what language they are, but my guess is German

Depends, what sort of condition are they? Unless they're minty, probably not a lot, unless you've got any shadowless cards or other first edition cards (excluding Machamp). Foreign cards? Not a lot, unless they fit the same sort of requirements.
Easier to tell when we can see what you've got, though. Most commons/uncommons, less than a dollar. Holos, maybe up to five or so.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 am

Dark Octoling wrote:Can anyone give me an idea of what my old Pokemon cards might be worth? I've got about 250 that are 2006 and prior, the ones with the more simple artwork. I also somehow have five foreign cards, don't know what language they are, but my guess is German

Feel free to pm me! Separate anything holographic and I'll take a look at them as well as tell what the foreign cards are

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 am

So Ive been utilizing Mitsuki.TV to get some cool shinies but AuSLove.TV keeps stealing my trash mons. Like Mitsuki.TV has you deposit a trubbish and ask for a level 91+ non mythical pokemon. I deposited my trubbish asking for a level 91+ Meowstic. I went and used the trade command on twitch and got a response saying my pokemon wasnt found. Turns out AuSLove.TV got to it first XD

(Please note, I am aware these are hacked pokemon and I will not trade or use them in any online play. I get them for In game use)
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am

As much as I'd like to show you the cards, I just don't have the time or patience to take pictures. Like I said, I've nearly 250 cards from 2006 and prior alone, plus another hundred or so from 2007 on. I don't know what cards are better than others, but I know I have a few ones that I'm fairly certain are somewhat rare
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist