Nintendo Fan Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Nintendo Fan Club!

Postby Ploegy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Noel wrote:
    Jumping in here because I wanted the switch to be good so badly.

But right now my hopes are super low. The controller is janky, and a proper(read: switch pro controller) costs an extra EIGHTY dollars until the lower quality 3rd party rip offs come out. Even another janky(read: Joy-Con) controller costs 50$. For me and my two siblings to play together, we'd have to shell out an extra 100$ just for meh controls, or 240$ for good ones. Combined with the 300$(read: cost of a Wii U at launch) base price tag and the additional cost of online play, I don't see it meshing well with the largely child target audience.

The portability is a lost feature on most, I think. It's battery life is too short to be that useful, the portable component is too large to carry around or store away easily, and I've never seen someone older than 15(sadly) use a device larger than a DS in public.

The line-up of games paired with the way better marketing gives the switch a headstart over the Wii U, but I'm expecting something between modest success and total flop.

Then again, all they had to say was "Fire Emblem" to make me consider buying the damn thing, so maybe it'll work out.

Then again, I only have the money for one of a PS4 or the switch, tops, and I'm leaning PS4, so maybe not.

I just want to make one point on the battery life because I think it's important to realize it has a battery life that rivals the 3ds so I don't think the feature is completely lost. 2.5-6 hours for the Switch compared to the 3DS' 3-5 hours for a 3ds game since for regular ds games the battery life is longer. It really isn't that bad if you think about it.
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puffins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:35 pm

I think the switch will do well, especially because of breath of the wild. There's so much hype, and everything is sold out already. I hope I'll be able to get my hands on everything, I'm excited for the switch!
no longer use this website.
puffins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 pm

I'll get the Switch most likely, after I save up some money from my new job when the next season at Six Flags starts. But I probably won't be using the paid online play very much
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyndseynice » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Late to my own thread, dang it!

I will probably get the Switch after I save a few bucks. I don't like the extra costs you have to pay on top of the (too much for my taste) #f878b800 though. I don't plan on getting the online services either anytime soon and am a little disappointed they decided to head that route. Nonetheless I am very much excited for BotW, Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. I don't believe it is the end for Nintendo. I think they will have better success at launch than the Wii U and will probably sell more in the long run if they keep focusing on games the fans want. I'm sure they've learned from their mistakes and will take precautionary steps in the future (hence I said future, not present.)
Lyndseynice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 pm

That Fire Emblem direct today was everything I needed. I'm so excited
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Just saying, if I was going to get Splatoon 2, I would most likely pay for online play, since I suck at Story Mode Splatoon.

Question for anybody who's never played or seen people play Paper Mario: Color Splash. Would you be compelled to get it after watch Shy Guys dance to polka music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKiCCtT7DQY
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Ploegy wrote:
That Fire Emblem direct today was everything I needed. I'm so excited

Same. I'm so excited. GRIMA HAS A GUN!!!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puffins » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:48 am

All the fire emblem coming out... I'm in heaven.
no longer use this website.
puffins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyndseynice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Nyabby <3 Iwanko wrote:Just saying, if I was going to get Splatoon 2, I would most likely pay for online play, since I suck at Story Mode Splatoon.

Question for anybody who's never played or seen people play Paper Mario: Color Splash. Would you be compelled to get it after watch Shy Guys dance to polka music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKiCCtT7DQY

The video honestly made my day.

Wow! All the fire emblem news is so exciting, I'm pumped!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I like Trades. Also have a good day today!

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm a little kid at heart.
Lyndseynice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:12 pm

I'd like to talk about my first Kirby Hack, Kirby Super Star Hyper

I introduced a bunch of new bosses in the Arena of Doom mode, the four bosses that replaced the final four were Wham Bam Volco, who would set you on fire if you touched him, and the stones he drops grant the Fire ability, not the Stone ability. Masked Dedede was replaced by Armored Dedede, who wears a spiked suit of armor, he has terrible speed, but his jump and slams end quicker and send out shockwaves. The third one was Dark Galacta Knight, who was basically a buffed up version of Galacta Knight combined with Dark Meta Knight's attacks from Triple Deluxe. Marx Soul's counterpart is actually hidden, he doesn't appear unless you complete a certain requirement. When you summon Nova in Rainbow Rewind(basically exactly the same as Milky Way Wishes, but with a different ending), Marx reveals that he had one last trick up his sleeve. He had the ability to rewind time. Rainbow Rewind is basically the same events of Milky Way Wishes, but Kirby gets a de ja vu feeling at the beginning. When Kirby destroys Marx, you should go to the place where Nova was before going towards Pop Star. There will be a new world called Cosmic Graveyard, and upon going in, the Marx Soul scene from Kirby Super Star Ultra replays. When Marx Soul is defeated, instead of splitting in to, he attempts to self-destruct in an attempt to take Kirby with him. He fails because Kirby was shielded from the blast by the Starship. However, if you do this, Marx appears on his ball when you beat Dark Galacta Knight in the Arena of Doom. He appears to be congratulating Kirby, but then starts explaining how he survived their last encounter. He says that the Starship accidentally shielded a tiny fraction of his soul, and charged it with cosmic energy, turning him into a god. He transforms into God Marx and begins the battle. In most of the reviews, people were a little freaked out by God Marx's battle. For one, he's able to heal himself, but the way he does it can make you cry. He says "It hurts... make it stop..." before summoning food items that he will use if Kirby doesn't get them first. Basically, God Marx doesn't have any control over his power, and his pause screen says "Marx has lost all self-control because of his transformation into a god... He cries out in pain as if using his powers are hurting him... It's time to put him out of his misery!" And when he dies, he says "Kirby... thank you..." before shedding a single tear and disintegrating. I regretted creating God Marx for the longest time, and I still have some regrets, because I made him so pitiable. You know he's the ultimate villain, but you can't help feel bad for him. In all of his attack animations, he looks like he's in pain, when he fires the laser from his mouth, he looks like he's going to vomit, when he opens up a black hole he says "This hurts me more than it hurts you... literally..." you can see why I think it was a bad idea to make him. Not only is he incredibly OP, he's god such a sad backstory. Any boss that can heal large amounts of health and has a large health bar to begin with, which God Marx can, because there's a 1 in 10 chance of him summoning a Maximato, is a pain in the neck. The game was NOT developed for casual gamers, it was developed for hardcore/extreme gamers, which most Kirby games are not made for.

Anyway, on a happier subject, that game was also the debut of my most popular OC, Jester Dee. She's a Waddle Dee with a harlequin mask and jester cap. Her first appearance in the game is in Dedede's Master Stroke, where she teams up with her boyfriend Bandana Dee, who wields his spear and can't be inhaled, making him a much more formidable enemy. When I did my first walkthrough of the game, I showed people why it's best to kill Jester Dee first. I purposely killed Bandana Dee to show that Jester Dee becomes even more erratic than she already is. Her main attack strategy is jumping from side like Poppy Bros. Sr., but while she juggles either flaming clubs(which grant the Fire ability) or spiked balls(which damage Kirby if he inhales them). It's hard enough to hurt her, but if Bandana Dee gets killed first, she moves even fast than before, and she will change her flaming clubs into spiked balls when Kirby tries to inhale them. Her behavior and the strategy to take the duo down made her popular, and when I did a Super Smash Bros 4 hack and included Bandana Dee, but not Jester Dee, people gave bad reviews until I patched her in. And just like in Kirby Super Star Hyper, whenever you battle in teams where Jester Dee and Bandana Dee are on the same team, she becomes very erratic when Bandana Dee loses a life, becoming more erratic with each life lost.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist