Nintendo Fan Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Nintendo Fan Club!

Postby boston » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:33 am

did anyone watch the new direct? just wow.
so much exciting stuff like splatoon dlc, captain toad, crash, mario ??
oh not to mention smash omg i was not expecting that.

now i just need animal crossing for the switch pls.
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zelery » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 am

boston wrote:
did anyone watch the new direct? just wow.
so much exciting stuff like splatoon dlc, captain toad, crash, mario ??
oh not to mention smash omg i was not expecting that.

now i just need animal crossing for the switch pls.

Yes!!
I was so excited about everything.
The way they announced smash with the bait and switch, from splatoon was great.
The new Mario tennis game looks pretty good as well, also hyped for Wario & the Luigi's mansion remake.
The fact crash is going to be on the switch is really shocking
(When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke,)──────────────────

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʟɪᴠᴇs ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ

[Need Help?]

───────────
[about me][useful links]

───────────────────────────────────( but sometimes life is scary and dark. )
XXXXXXX[That is why we must find the light.]
Zelery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 am

The Smash announcement made me cry so many tears. As a former competitive Smash player I've just been waiting for the Switch announcement and the Inklings as the opening character was just perfect. I am beyond excited for it
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puffins » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Smash and all is cool, but I guess that's not what I was expecting for the announcement. I'm sitting here sulking that there still isn't anymore information on Fire Emblem switch.
no longer use this website.
puffins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saxhleel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Nintendo please im begging you... subspace emissary sequel for switch smash. I know a lot of people didnt like it but People told me Bayonetta would never get into smash so I will continue to hope.
Saxhleel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:06 pm

So uh... does anyone know anything about this paid online service that is supposed to begin in the fall? This is the first I am hearing about it, and I am actually really upset by it. I love to play Splatoon 2, it's awesome, and I don't have the money to dish out for a pay to play game... the whole reason I got the Switch was because I didn't have to pay to play :/ I probably wouldn't have spent all my money on this console last September, and could have saved up for better computer gear...

I know it isn't a lot of money to a lot of people, I think it's only $20 a year, but I'm a college student who can barely afford text books and exam materials and food, let alone a subscription just to play online to de-stress and cause more stress. I want to write to Nintendo about this, but I know it wouldn't matter anyway.

I'm just kinda peeved off, and I feel like I'll be selling Splatoon 2 in a few months. Hopefully the new games they release don't focus around online multiplayer... Guess I'll be sticking to BOTW more...
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:17 pm

The online paid service was announced awhile ago, like before E3 of last year if I remember correctly though the date never got set until the last few months and I believe it's September that it's supposed to hit. So it's not something they just threw out of nowhere or anything and it makes sense given that if they want to have better servers to host their games they gotta have the money to do it just like how the other gaming companies do.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Ploegy wrote:
    The online paid service was announced awhile ago, like before E3 of last year if I remember correctly though the date never got set until the last few months and I believe it's September that it's supposed to hit. So it's not something they just threw out of nowhere or anything and it makes sense given that if they want to have better servers to host their games they gotta have the money to do it just like how the other gaming companies do.

Fair enough, guess I never caught wind of it until now. Main reason I haven't supported other game companies is because I don't have the money to, and Nintendo was free so I've been a huge Nintendo fan... Buuuut I guess all good and free things must come to an end. Oh well...

I haven't had time to actually read the whole Nintendo direct either to know if this information was said or not; but did they say anything about games that will be mostly online (like Splatoon) in the future? I would be really interested in Smash, but not if it's online (I never cared about competitive, I assume that'll still be a thing, and I'll miss out on that online part)

xD I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I apologize if it happens to come across that way.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:34 pm

There wasn't much talk of the online, but when it comes to Smash I'm sure it'll still have the same offline mode as previous games offered as well as the local multiplayer that you can play with people nearby like several other games have had. I mean I can't say much since Smash was only a reveal trailer and there wasn't anything else given but going off how other games have been and how Smash has been in the past there will still be stuff you can do without online play in Smash. It obvious though that Smash is the big game to get people to pay for the online services though as I thought it would be
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Zelos Wilder wrote:
So uh... does anyone know anything about this paid online service that is supposed to begin in the fall? This is the first I am hearing about it, and I am actually really upset by it. I love to play Splatoon 2, it's awesome, and I don't have the money to dish out for a pay to play game... the whole reason I got the Switch was because I didn't have to pay to play :/ I probably wouldn't have spent all my money on this console last September, and could have saved up for better computer gear...

I know it isn't a lot of money to a lot of people, I think it's only $20 a year, but I'm a college student who can barely afford text books and exam materials and food, let alone a subscription just to play online to de-stress and cause more stress. I want to write to Nintendo about this, but I know it wouldn't matter anyway.

I'm just kinda peeved off, and I feel like I'll be selling Splatoon 2 in a few months. Hopefully the new games they release don't focus around online multiplayer... Guess I'll be sticking to BOTW more...

Yeah, it was announced a while ago, before last June at least (which was when they announced prices and some of the benefits it’d include - Classic Game Selection, a variety of classic titles available to download, with online play added and extra deals/discounts/sales in the shop, and possibly more), possibly having been announced before the Switch’s launch. It also looks to be starting in September of this year, unless it is delayed further. Their info page does say “After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online”, so there may be some games that won’t require the paid online service to play online (similar to how some games on Xbox/PS don’t have the requirement), but it’ll be a wait-and-see to find out exactly what those games are.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me