CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Bleakverse wrote:that's always the way, too many cosplans too little time.
I've been sewing pretty much constantly since I got my sewing machine almost 6 years ago, and I started with a massive ball gown, probably not the best idea, but I learned a lot.
Loki has been on my dream cosplay list as long as I've been cosplaying basically, so it'll be nice to get him off the dream list finally.

Those three shows are good places to start out for simple cosplays, along with star vs the forces of evil and gravity falls. and any anime set in a high school because the uniforms are usually pretty easy to get for cheap haha,

I have three big projects planned for this year for sure, that's my transformation dress, wonderland Kanan and Circus Baby (the last one won't be worn until 2019)

My dream cosplay has been Lunatic Charm from Shugo Chara since I was maybe 13? But I wasn't comfortable in a short skirt ^^; I may do her over this summer though!
I think the first cosplay I sewed completely on my own was Suigintou from Rozen Maiden some years back. I just don't have enough time for sewing anymore /:
Ahhh those all sound so cool! Especially Circus Baby-she would be super complex!
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 pm

✿alien✿ wrote:
Bleakverse wrote:that's always the way, too many cosplans too little time.
I've been sewing pretty much constantly since I got my sewing machine almost 6 years ago, and I started with a massive ball gown, probably not the best idea, but I learned a lot.
Loki has been on my dream cosplay list as long as I've been cosplaying basically, so it'll be nice to get him off the dream list finally.

Those three shows are good places to start out for simple cosplays, along with star vs the forces of evil and gravity falls. and any anime set in a high school because the uniforms are usually pretty easy to get for cheap haha,

I have three big projects planned for this year for sure, that's my transformation dress, wonderland Kanan and Circus Baby (the last one won't be worn until 2019)

My dream cosplay has been Lunatic Charm from Shugo Chara since I was maybe 13? But I wasn't comfortable in a short skirt ^^; I may do her over this summer though!
I think the first cosplay I sewed completely on my own was Suigintou from Rozen Maiden some years back. I just don't have enough time for sewing anymore /:
Ahhh those all sound so cool! Especially Circus Baby-she would be super complex!

--
I'm still such a noob when It comes to cosplaying, oops
Like, I don't even know how to sew, And I mean I really wanna learn (like REALLY BAD) but between school and well,,, not being able to get fabric I dought i'll be able to learn anytime soon.
I Just try my best to buy cosplays peice by peice and it's been semi easy up till now expept a few of my cosplans are going to be impossiable withouth either making them myself or spending 10000000000000 friken dollars on the outfit..
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/he/she
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 pm

★~Yoosung~★ wrote:
--
Like, I don't even know how to sew, And I mean I really wanna learn (like REALLY BAD) but between school and well,,, not being able to get fabric I dought i'll be able to learn anytime soon.
I Just try my best to buy cosplays peice by peice and it's been semi easy up till now expept a few of my cosplans are going to be impossiable withouth either making them myself or spending 10000000000000 friken dollars on the outfit..

I think it's pretty easy learning to sew if you're patient :D I started by altering clothes I got from thrift shops tbh-I had a punk phase at like 12 so I tended to tear things up and sew them back with different pieces ;u; It can be frustrating though!
Who do you have coming up?
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Aside from a couple of electronic parts she's actually not gonna be too bad. Circus baby I mean. Mostly foam, and stuff I can use for fake wires. over a black body suit. I'm even gonna try and find a fake ice cream I can stick in a little compartment behind the fan. And might try and make parts of her glitter to represent when she was new and not haunted yet.

And yeah breaking cosplays up into pieces is more reasonable
I have a sticky note on my computer that I write cosplay components up on that I need to finish.
Ruby (Dress. waist cicher, and socks)
Aqours Uniform (Skirt and Top)
Loki - (Cape, Guards, Shirt and Pants, Wig)
Eli (Dress 1 Dress 2, Hair comb, shoes)
Kanan (Headband, hair clip, Choker, Blouse, jacket, Pants, boot covers. gloves, wings, Croquet mallet. Sash)
Baby (Head, Face plate 1 face plate 2, torso piece 1, fan piece, skirt, arms , legs hands, shoes, microphone)
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 pm

✿alien✿ wrote:
★~Yoosung~★ wrote:
--

I think it's pretty easy learning to sew if you're patient :D I started by altering clothes I got from thrift shops tbh-I had a punk phase at like 12 so I tended to tear things up and sew them back with different pieces ;u; It can be frustrating though!
Who do you have coming up?

--
Mmm, I've thought about doing that quite a few times but just.. never really had time to sit down and just sew.
I mean, my grandmother used to sew a lot and I'd watch so like I know how to do simple stuff.
If you mean like cosplays, I'm doing Soul from Soul Eater with an instagram cosplay friend as Maka. Plus I've been cosplanning Sakuya from Servamp for awhile now... Plus quite a few more but as of right now they are my 2 major ones. I wanna get Sakuya done by November, but it's most likely not gonna happen
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/he/she
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 pm

AH I have an old Medusa cosplay in storage somewhere ahaha!
Soul is cute his hardest parts are teeth and hair in my opinion, my friend used iron ons for his jacket and headband but I know some people prefer embroidery.
Sakuya looks really cool O: And p simple. Thrift stores will be your best friend haha
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Seconded the thrift stores being your friend. Along with dollar stores.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

✿alien✿ wrote:AH I have an old Medusa cosplay in storage somewhere ahaha!
Soul is cute his hardest parts are teeth and hair in my opinion, my friend used iron ons for his jacket and headband but I know some people prefer embroidery.
Sakuya looks really cool O: And p simple. Thrift stores will be your best friend haha

Seconded the thrift stores being your friend. Along with dollar stores.

Ooo, Medusa >^>
--
Thrift stores are where i've been going the most for my cosplays anyway, beacuse I get what I can and then either customize it with paint or just used pieces from here and there lol
--
Yeah lol, Honesty other then Kid and Patty (liz is cool to but eh) Soul is right at the top of my favs from Soul eater.
I fould a wig that will work really well for him but I'm still just learning good ways to style wigs so It should be a fun challange.
And for the teeth I'm just using some vampire fangs (that I got for Sakuya but hey).
--
I'm just having a super hard time finding any decent, afordable wigs for Sakuya..
Beacuse of the way his hair is and how its going to have to be styled... I have to get like a longer(?) wig then what his hair is.
And I have this strong Fear of cutting wigs.
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/he/she
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✿alien✿ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Dollar stores are p awesome too! I actually buy my eye liner and lip gloss at the Dollar Tree close to my house xD
Hopefully you find a good wig! If I see one that looks like it might work, I'll shoot you a link in pm or something ^^
✿alien✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 pm

✿alien✿ wrote:Dollar stores are p awesome too! I actually buy my eye liner and lip gloss at the Dollar Tree close to my house xD
Hopefully you find a good wig! If I see one that looks like it might work, I'll shoot you a link in pm or something ^^

--
Ahh, thanks so much!!
If I could be of any assistence to you, let me know!!!
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/he/she
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups