CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby Uchuujin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Ah, I'm an adult, so I get to order my own things. So that's never been an issue for me, but I understand why it can definitely be an issue! I think wigs complete the look, though. Even if I'm cosplaying someone with the same hair color as me, I always get a wig because then I can style it more perfectly. I'm a big wig fan ~

This is my favorite wig that I've ever made:

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 am

Aw, im on a bad mobile device and cant see your pic ;-;
I definitely do want to start expirementing with wigs though, as im limited to doing almost exclusively male characters, and it especielly makes cosplaying anime characters difficult.

Anyway, what projects are you all working on currently? And what conventions are you planning on going to? c:
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:41 am

I'm going to DragonCon this month! It will be my 15th year attending, I believe. It's a pop culture & multimedia convention in Atlanta. Last year it drew like 55,000 attendees. It's my favorite con in the world (I've been to San Diego Comic Con and like DragonCon better, especially for cosplay.)

My best friend and I are going as Link and Zelda from the new Hyrule Warriors game. We had a lot more planned for it, but we procrastinated a lot and making armor is taking a lot more work than we thought it would. I'm making chain mail out of plastic binding coils while my best friend is making armor from resin and EVA foam.

We have a lot of old costumes to bring along though so just one new one will be okay :)

Then just a few weeks later we're going to Anime Weekend Atlanta and we barely have time to finish anything for that T-T I know we're doing Rise and Kanami from Persona 4 Dance All Night, and we were trying to finish a Hitman Reborn costume as well. We have made gijinka kimono of the legendary birds from Pokemon, with a Professor Oak, but I don't know if that will all be finished in time because I need to make my obi & wings (the fabric was 50 USD a yard T-T) and my friends both need to finish their wings as well (one of them is making hers out of dyed feathers so it will definitely take a long time...)

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 am

Aw, DragonCon is one of my dream conventions
unfourtunately, im stuck with mostly local- nothing farther than two hours at most. ;-;
That being said, im totally excited for Saikoucon at the end of this month ^_^
Im doing a group Welcome to Night Vale cosplay on the first day, wherein i am Carlos the Scientist. Since he has such an easy costume, i took it upon myself to make most of the group props- my main project is the giant glowcloud, which im trying to make from a stripped umbrella, a crapton of polyfiber, and some spraypaint.
The second day, im doing Merlin, because i finally finished the series ^_^ ....and also because i want to make the costume so i can reuse it at a ren faire two weeks later cx
Day three im just reusing my old Castiel cosplay, and im helping my friend with her fem!dean costume.
im hoping to go to New York Comic Con in October too- so fingers crossedd ^-^
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:00 am

that prop sounds awesooommeeeee ~ you'll have to post pictures when you get it finished!

I enjoy making props a lot, but with making the armor this time around I haven't had time for it, so I just bought my props for DragonCon this year. It's our first time doing more than just small armor pieces so we underestimated how time consuming it was. The resin has to set overnight which kills a lot of time T_T

Props totally make the costume, though! I'm sure you'll get lot of photos with your glowcloud

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:14 am

Siren~ wrote:@ MacGyver I've never heard of that con before but I'm sure you'll have loads of fun! My friend does Artist Alley at cons all the time and I enjoy it! A lot of times con staff will watch your booth for you for a while if you want to walk around for a bit, so maybe you'll get a chance to explore? Is there a reason you don't want to use a wig, by the way? Wigs open up a lot of doors for cosplaying! You can get plenty of wigs under 20 bucks online, like through ebay. Just something to keep in mind ^_^

I MUST SPEAK WITH YOUR FRIEND jk
      I'm so nervous >n<
      Up until now I've only been doing private commissions as well as silent auctions. Right now I'm scrambling to get enough art done [I haven't found somewhere that does cheap prints, so I'll be selling all originals.]. But my sister and I talked it over and we've worked it out to where we'll take short breaks during the con to look around [coughstalksomeofourfavartistscough], but there'll always be one of us at the table.

And about the wigs, I'm short on funds atm. O///O

//cries a river//
      Siren, those cosplays look awesome!

You guys are so lucky! I'm only a few minutes away from any comicons or animecons in town, but this is my first time actually going.

If I posted a pic of myself [WITH MY FACE ALL BLURRED OUT in case a mod strolls by and see this], do you think you guys could help me find something that could fit me? I'd prefer cosplaying a male character or doing a fem!version of someone - but idk if it's possible.
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 am

Oh, my friend gets her prints done at Office Max/Office Depot? I don't know if you have any of those around you. She's never one of the best people at the artist alleys (I don't mean this in a mean way I'm just being honest) but she's never not made enough to cover the cost of printing. Maybe you could ask your parents or friends or something for a loan just to go make some prints there? They have different prices depending on the type of paper you print them on.

She doesn't have a CS account sadly but if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I can either give you answers from my experience or I can shoot the questions to her :)

I would be glad to try and help you! I don't know if I'll find the right character but I can definitely give it a shot! I do wish we were allowed to post pics, because sometimes the faces are the best part of costumes, but I understand it's a safety issue so I don't blame CS for making it against the rules x3

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:47 am

Ooh is it against the rules to post pics, or links to pics, if we have already public cosplay pages? Like i dont think its against the rules to link to someones cosplays on like Deviantart, but is it against the rules to post our own?
Im not sure- i havent been on for a while, so i should probably just reread the rules again
But, if it is within guidelines, ill totally help you pick a cosplay ^_^
I actually want to start doing dejavudea style convention vlogs on youtube. Her and similar youtubers (like stickehbun) make videas about their cosplay projects, and do vlogs while at conventions, and i just totally love it and would love to try ^-^ i sorta have a problem with perfectionism though. Youtubers are alwzys like "my first videos were emberrasingly bad. But you improve with time and practice!"
But my issue is i am self aware enough to know when stuff i make sucks so i wont put anything up to begin with, ad thus never imrpove, and basicaly im scared to start making the vlogs in case my perfectionism takes over and then i never commit to them.
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 am

I was wondering that too. I normally see people on CS blot out their faces in photos but when I checked the rules I couldn't find anything about sharing photos of ourselves? And I do have public cosplay accounts in various places, and since I am an adult I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed? But at the same time I'd rather play it safe than get in trouble.

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
playing ★ Overwatch 2
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 am

About showing photos of ourselves or family/friends: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=135242
      I don't see anything about linking to a site where our photo would be though? Like, tumblr? It wouldn't hurt to ask, though. I'll go PM one of the mods in a little while.

Siren~ wrote:Oh, my friend gets her prints done at Office Max/Office Depot? I don't know if you have any of those around you. She's never one of the best people at the artist alleys (I don't mean this in a mean way I'm just being honest) but she's never not made enough to cover the cost of printing. Maybe you could ask your parents or friends or something for a loan just to go make some prints there? They have different prices depending on the type of paper you print them on.

She doesn't have a CS account sadly but if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I can either give you answers from my experience or I can shoot the questions to her :)

I would be glad to try and help you! I don't know if I'll find the right character but I can definitely give it a shot! I do wish we were allowed to post pics, because sometimes the faces are the best part of costumes, but I understand it's a safety issue so I don't blame CS for making it against the rules x3

BLESS YOU BLESS YOU
      AND YOUR FRIEND

idk I didn't even think of checking them out - I feel stupid now haha
      I do have a few questions though, if it's not too much trouble ^^" I really appreciate all this!
      What type of paper does she print on? What sizes? Oh and pricing! What sort of pricing on which sizes?
      [My art: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1544679]

I'll blot out my face for now, until I find out if it's alright to link to my tumblr post that has my pics. c: brb
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo