Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

A Message From Uoneko by apache~

Artist apache~ [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
1666 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

A Message From Uoneko

Postby apache~ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:37 pm

I see so many sad kids on chickensmoothie, and the internet in general...
I wanted to tell you all something: you are sad for NOTHING.
There are much worse off people out there, so quit feeling sorry for yourself.

On a more sensitive note:
I have been there. you can see in my gallery, my pieces got downright deppressing, and i was feeling depressed. I was in a tough place. Until i met someone who had it so much harder than me. And you know what? She was the happiest person i have ever met. EVER! I realized i had nothing to be sorry about when i heard her story- i won't repeat it here because it is too bad to repeat on a kid-friendly site such as this. But i realized from her that happiness is something you choose- sadness is something you choose. It can be more complicated than that, sure, but overall that's all happiness is.

That woman i met, she found humor in many things and laughed when she became hurt and sad. She taught me how to live again. I haven't seen her since we first talked, but she has impacted my life so much. And I will take her words now, because I don't think i can say it better: "Make your future the happiest thing you could ever imagine. You can do it if you're not lazy! YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU CHOOSE TO!"

-----

This piece was made in careful consideration. The bright colors, swirls of blue and green growing around Uoneko, the gleam in his eyes and his faint smile. Even the style is cuter. I chose all these to portray the happiness i feel, the happiness i wish for you. I picked Uoneko to use in this drawing because he is a happier character in general, though I must reform my fursona Apache's character to be happier as well, because i am no longer the sad pup i once was.

I hope you all take this method to heart. It might have saved my life, and it could possibly save yours. If this got featured (i know it's a lot to ask for...) i would be so happy, because it would mean that all chickensmoothie users would get the chance to see this.

EDIT: 40 people have liked this! We are getting up there! more likes means more of a chance it will get featured <3

A STAMP to those who want to spread the word:

Code: Select all
[img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/005/6/c/love_life_by_uoneko-d4lgdno.png[/img]

and so it links to this thread, here's the link version:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=976658][img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/005/6/c/love_life_by_uoneko-d4lgdno.png[/img][/url]

----

EDIT: I want to clarify something!

I am not trying to put down those who have clinical depression, BPD, or other conditions like them. I am merely saying that you can only wait around in sorrow for so long, before it is time to pick up the pieces and make a better you. This is supposed to encourage you to do so; to look at yourself and the things going on "between your ears," as my dad says. I fixed myself by going through a little self-therapy, and it allowed me to forgive myself and others in my life. This DOES NOT MEAN that if you are currently depressed or sad you are in any way wrong. I know some people may not be experiencing self-pity, and perhaps are being bullied or have an actual condition. I just want to let you know that happiness is not something that just comes to you. It is something you need to find and hold on to. <3
Last edited by Tess on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: please remember that suicide is not an appropriate topic of discussion on CS
more on deviantart
ImageImageImage
apache~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Message From Uoneko

Postby ☼find your wings☼ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:38 pm

This is so beautiful. c:
And I absolutely adore the message. And completely agree.
And I am happy you embraced happiness.
Stay that way.
x
x
x
x
x
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Image Image © Image
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

ImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxxx
☼find your wings☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bellamy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm very glad you met this women apache :} She sounds like a great person ^^

I missed Uoneko! Such a cutie <3

Great job by the way, I'm loving this new style of yours! Especially the tweeks you've made with your shading in some of your oekaki drawings! <3

ImageImageImage[/center][center][img]
Bellamy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akoki » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

really successful
Akoki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 pm

I love the story; I'm not going to be like. Yea I'm that person. But usually when I talk about my personal life, people sit there and look dumb found and what I say; sure I'm down from time to time, but life is how you make it. I try to wake up every day feeling positive and a go getter. I try not to sulk so much on the bad things in life, sure there is plenty of that, but its the small, the few and inbetween; the good times that we have to remember and smile back on.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apache~ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm

DauntlessMockingjay wrote:
This is so beautiful. c:
And I absolutely adore the message. And completely agree.
And I am happy you embraced happiness.
Stay that way.

I plan to! thanks

Taliska wrote:I'm very glad you met this women apache :} She sounds like a great person ^^

I missed Uoneko! Such a cutie <3

Great job by the way, I'm loving this new style of yours! Especially the tweeks you've made with your shading in some of your oekaki drawings! <3
by the way! <3

indeed she is. I never did see her after this, i hope she is still the same <3
indeed he is! i missed drawing him. bright colors all the way!

MR.Musician wrote:really successful

so glad to hear it!

PolarAzulTigris wrote:
I love the story; I'm not going to be like. Yea I'm that person. But usually when I talk about my personal life, people sit there and look dumb found and what I say; sure I'm down from time to time, but life is how you make it. I try to wake up every day feeling positive and a go getter. I try not to sulk so much on the bad things in life, sure there is plenty of that, but its the small, the few and inbetween; the good times that we have to remember and smile back on.

people react that way to my story too ^^; I had cancer when i was little, and my cousin died shortly after i recovered of the same thing. My dad was an alcoholic and drug addict, and did some pretty bad things though he never hit or abused me. He yelled a lot. My mom wasn't much better. we stayed in some bad situations and i've had quite the dips in moral. i used to come home and just cry in my room. Recently though i have recovered.

That's the only way to live, as i see it. Glad to find people here who agree.
more on deviantart
ImageImageImage
apache~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Aye, Everyones story is different, but I have to agree. A lot of people don't know what transpires at another persons home. Persay when I was younger I suffered and still do suffer from ADD, I was an outcast. I'm not sure if it was by choice or I just didn't know how to properly interact. My mother ended up working three jobs; when I was about ten she became very ill. My father fell into a depression and ignored us for years. My mother had her good and bad times, going through surgery and what not. Three or four times. So no one could buy food, My dad would go out perhaps every two weeks to a month to buy food for the family. So I ended up working small side jobs as a kid to get food. I fell into depression and would ask questions to a night sky; hoping it'd answer.

Give some sort of relief. I developed a lot of eating disorders due to my depression and couldn't eat much for several years, had to drop out of high school at 16 due to those health reasons. Got my GED, got engaged, five years later got dumped in a text. Father got into drugs and.. women, which we're also into drugs and lived in my house; Drove my sister out and long story short I moved out and her bf offered to take me and my stuff across the states and instead ended up keeping me in the middle of no where for three months while being an alcoholic abuser. That was about three.. years ago now I think. Dated someone two years ago and finally live on my own. Though I've lost my mother and several other important people within the last few years, my mother being in October. That's been a struggle I admit come of late.

This turned into more of a ramble. It's not that bad compared to other people, but I've been in bad situations I didn't even put up here. The point is I suppose that even despite all that, one chooses to be happy or not. So this is a very inspiration piece.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eden~ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 pm

This piece speaks an amazing message!
I was one of those wangsty teens for a while.(Still can be).
I've had it rough, but I refuse to let it get me down.
Thank you for sharing such an amazing message =D
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
{;Tumblr;}{;fanfiction;}
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
― Albert Einstein
Eden~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badkitten » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:24 pm

cute!
badkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm

This is simply a beautiful image and the message is a wonderful one. I'm so glad you had the chance to meet such a person as you did and that she made such a big impact on your life and way of thinking. For all the horrible things that can happen to us within our lifetimes, there are far more things to be thankful for and live for. Like I've said to many others who've been in or have gone through some dark, troubling, depressing, and/or sad times, "There's always light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't see it from where you're currently standing."

Heaven only knows I've lived through some hard times myself (especially during my teenage years, though just about all of my youth has been a struggle), and still do. I may not have had it as hard as some, but it's still been hard for me none the less and I still have my ups and downs. It's not always easy and you may feel completely helpless and alone, but if you can stay positive and push through it it can only get better.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, hon. I'm very glad to have met a wonderful person like you. Stay awesome, m'kay? *hugs tight* <3

.~:{}:~.

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe