Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: the journey home

Postby craftykit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am

reminds me of this DA group called "bagbeans"
ImageImageImageImageImage
Avatar: http://kawaiihannah.deviantart.com/art/ ... -343461748
Hello I'm Craftykit, a lover of all things fuzzy& sweet. ATM I don't have any friends on this website, so if you'd like you can PM me (I don't bite...much)

ImageImage
ImageImage
craftykit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maebee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:26 am

Valtameri wrote:Wowie. This is stunning! <3

Eostre wrote:I love this

thank you both so much! ;;

ʜᴀᴢᴇ wrote:i love this. everything. about it. i'm?? literallyeverything
i love the colors and the lighting and the shading and the haziness
i don't think i've ever seen a piece of art that i love this much ?? i'm actually tearing up it's so wonderful

> < ///
aaa your kind words mean so much to me, thank you!!

Mew5522 wrote:This is so pretty and also calming. I love rain omg it's just too beautiful plus it's also absolutly adorable. ^^ I'm so glad this was feature so I could see it! :3

I'm so happy it gives you that impression! I was hoping for that. ;; Thank you so much! I was very surprised.

craftykit wrote:reminds me of this DA group called "bagbeans"

I haven't had a DA account in many years, but I looked them up, and they're very cute!
Maebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 pm

omg this is so pretty
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:57 pm

this looks like qwertyo’s style lol
Im Shoe.!
I'm good at stuff

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
...............art by: PeanutButterRum
Shoe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maebee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

anxious ghost wrote:omg this is so pretty

thank you! > <

Shoe. wrote:this looks like qwertyo’s style lol

i'm sorry, i'm not sure who that is.. but, with how many artists there are, it's not uncommon to find some similarities in styles, i suppose! this was just a simple practice style to work with lighting, atmosphere, and depth. ^ -^
Maebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 am

Maebee wrote:
anxious ghost wrote:omg this is so pretty

thank you! > <

Shoe. wrote:this looks like qwertyo’s style lol

i'm sorry, i'm not sure who that is.. but, with how many artists there are, it's not uncommon to find some similarities in styles, i suppose! this was just a simple practice style to work with lighting, atmosphere, and depth. ^ -^

oh, you know, qwertyo memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27420
only the creator of the pallio dogs and the whole lore behind them
just a personal preference but i like my style to be unique and original.
Im Shoe.!
I'm good at stuff

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Shoe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maebee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:42 am

Shoe. wrote:oh, you know, qwertyo memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27420

Hello again!

Your sarcastic response did not help inform me anymore on who they are, but the link did, so thank you for providing that!

I joined CS on December 18 of last year, a month ago, and only bothered to start being more active within the last week or two.
I have little interest in following original species; so I apologize for not keeping up with them, their lore, or their creators. I think the idea of original species are cool, but it’s not for me. I don’t follow them.

Qwertyo is a very talented artist! Their backgrounds and art are absolutely gorgeous, however, I don’t see any real similarity between our styles. It’s impossible for me to mimic an artist’s whose works I’ve not seen until now. Like you, I too prefer using an original style. I have several different ones, and this is one of them. I apologize if to you it is not original.

If you are referring to technique, however, that is a different story. Haze and simplicity as you get farther back in an environmental piece is a common practice among many different artists, and is exclusive to none. I was taught this in a visual development class.

The over exaggerating of lights and dust particles are also an art technique not uncommon to illustrators both in and out of the industry- but these are the only real similarities that I can see between this one piece, and the majority of theirs.

So... I really just don’t understand. What is it exactly that I’ve mimicked from Qwertyo’s artwork? If you’re still concerned, I can provide you with past pieces that I’ve done, not on an Oekaki.

I’m sorry if for some reason this piece has given you, or anyone else, that impression, but any similarities between our styles are based on shared technique or coincidence. As an illustrator myself, I would never mimic the style of another. It’s incredibly disrespectful to the creator; and mimicry and plagiarism is a line I would never cross.

That being said, I apologize if this piece has somehow given off a vibe like that. It was meant for practice and fun in a drawing program that I have never used before, in a place I’m not familiar with. It was not meant to start something, or offend anyone, or any other creators.
Maebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 am

Maebee wrote:
Shoe. wrote:oh, you know, qwertyo memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27420

Hello again!

Your sarcastic response did not help inform me anymore on who they are, but the link did, so thank you for providing that!

I joined CS on December 18 of last year, a month ago, and only bothered to start being more active within the last week or two.
I have little interest in following original species; so I apologize for not keeping up with them, their lore, or their creators. I think the idea of original species are cool, but it’s not for me. I don’t follow them.

Qwertyo is a very talented artist! Their backgrounds and art are absolutely gorgeous, however, I don’t see any real similarity between our styles. It’s impossible for me to mimic an artist’s whose works I’ve not seen until now. Like you, I too prefer using an original style. I have several different ones, and this is one of them. I apologize if to you it is not original.

If you are referring to technique, however, that is a different story. Haze and simplicity as you get farther back in an environmental piece is a common practice among many different artists, and is exclusive to none. I was taught this in a visual development class.

The over exaggerating of lights and dust particles are also an art technique not uncommon to illustrators both in and out of the industry- but these are the only real similarities that I can see between this one piece, and the majority of theirs.

So... I really just don’t understand. What is it exactly that I’ve mimicked from Qwertyo’s artwork? If you’re still concerned, I can provide you with past pieces that I’ve done, not on an Oekaki.

I’m sorry if for some reason this piece has given you, or anyone else, that impression, but any similarities between our styles are based on shared technique or coincidence. As an illustrator myself, I would never mimic the style of another. It’s incredibly disrespectful to the creator; and mimicry and plagiarism is a line I would never cross.

That being said, I apologize if this piece has somehow given off a vibe like that. It was meant for practice and fun in a drawing program that I have never used before, in a place I’m not familiar with. It was not meant to start something, or offend anyone, or any other creators.

ok eminem
Im Shoe.!
I'm good at stuff

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Shoe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v i x e n » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 am

I thought he was Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest) :lol:
v i x e n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maebee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 am

Ranshiin wrote:I thought he was Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest) :lol:

Y'know, it's not the first time I've heard that about him. > < I have to admit, he does look pretty similar, especially from the back. His species was made for a project in a storyboarding class a few years back.
The sprites themselves are meant to look more reptilian than mammalian or cat-like, and are very small, but it is hard to tell any of that here. My painting style doesn't help with that, either; makes him look cat-like from the back. I quite liked the simplicity of their design for storyboards; cute, easy to draw, and not too complicated to colour! But, perhaps it's time to look into some more defining features for the sprites to avoid that confusion with Ori they seem to get when I use this style.

Thank you for the comment! ^ -^
Maebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me