~Stuck Between Two Worlds~ An Everlost RP (Moved)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

~Stuck Between Two Worlds~ An Everlost RP (Moved)

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 am

Table on Continents
Post 1- Intro
Post 2- Everlost Terms
Post 3- Rules and Guidelines
Post 4- Characters So Far
Post5- My Characters

Into

The car crash was fatal with very few survivors. You remember to how the cars collided in a crunch of glass and metal. Sitting in the passenger's set, you were slowly pulled to the cracked windshield as if time had stopped. A boy around your age met your eyes. he was slowly moving to you from the other car. You closed your eyes as you met at the splintering glass. Then, you were running though a dark tunnel towards a bright light. You weren't sure what the bright light was, but you were mysteriously pulled to it. You herd someone’s footsteps behind you. You curiously turned to see who it was, but your feet stumble. You soon found yourself tumbling through the deep darkness of the surrounding walls. Now here you are, slowly opening your eyes on a leaf covered ground. Looking up, you see that the a face of a girl blocks the sky. Her short red hair dangles from her face and tries to hide her sparkling green eyes. She's smiling at you, happy you've awakened. "Welcome to Everlost," she greets you.

You are stuck between life and death in a world known as Everlost. In Everlost, the living world is viewed in a foggy haze by it's residents. The only thing that in clear focus are places and things that are "dead", destroyed in a past life. The ground of the living world is very unstable to people who live in Everlost, a.k.a Afterlights. Those who are not carful on living ground can easily sink through it to the center of the earth to be never seen again. Water is extremely in the ways it increases the sinking speed to only seconds. Everlost is a world full of kids ranging from nearly five to seventeen years of age. No adults have ever set foot is this land for reasons unknown. When an Afterlight first wakes up from it's nine-month sleep as a Interlight, they notice that they are admitting a weird light from their body. This is their afterglow, a light admitted from a Afterlight that sometimes can reflect their mood. They also realize that they can't take or alter what they are wearing. A person in Everlost forever remains in the clothes they died in. This includes necklaces, hairstyles or anything that happened to be on body. As an Afterlight spends time in their new, their past memories start to wade. Unless they are associated with a "criminal art", Afterlights can easily forget their past life in ways that can alter their appearance or personalities. In this strange world, new lessons are to be learned. It is now up to you what choices you will make and who you will meet along your journey. For in Everlost, nothing is as it seems.
Last edited by ~Soul of the Abyss~ on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Stuck Between Two Worlds~ An Everlost RP

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Everlost Terms

Afterglow- The light admitted by each Afterlight. Can sometimes reflect the mood of that person.

Afterlight- The name given to residents of Everlost. There is also another term you could call they that starts with a "g", but they find that very insulting.

deadspot- A small patch of ground that has crossed from living into Everlost. They mark were someone has died or a place has been destroyed. They range from a few inches to a few miles wide. Every Afterlight first wakes up on a deadspot, either at the place where they died or on a current existing patch nearby.

dominant reality- This is what it is called when a destroyed building crosses over to Everlost and a new building is replaced in it's ruins. To Afterlights, these buildings seem to intertwine in and out of reality through the foggy haze. Although the older, crossed building seems more real to them, it is only a opinion of the one who views it.

ecto-ripping- A so called "criminal art". The ability to reach into the living world and "rip" inanimate or living things into Everlost. Some believe an Afterlight gains this power when they touch the light (see description above).

evercookies- Objects and places cross into Everlost for two reasons. One, they were destroyed somehow in the living world. Two, they were once deeply loved. Although they have never been loved, every Fortune cookie somehow finds it's way to Everlost. When they are broken, a ghostly copy of the cookie appears in Everlost. Many Afterlights are afraid of simple pastries because of the rumors of their fortunes in Everlost actually coming true.

eversight- An Afterlight's foggy view of the living world. Only things and places that have crossed into Everlost look clear and solid to them.

everslugs- The insulting name given by Mary Hightower to the worn, faceless coin found in the pocket of every Afterlight. An Afterlight finds this unusual coin when they first wake-up in Everlost. These coin don't have much of a value in Everlost and no one is quite sure what their purpose is.

The Everwild- The term given by large civilizations of Afterlights the areas of Everlost that are unknown or unexplored by them.

fleshie- Skinjacker slang for a living, breathing human.

gravity fatigue- Just like in the real world, gravity affects Afterlights. Since Afterlights are very light, almost as light as air, gravity can pull them into the ground in area of living world. An Afterlight who is not careful can find themselves being pulled to the center of the earth with no hope of returning to the surface.

Interlights - When an Afterlight first crosses into Everlost, they sleep for nine months, like babys who have not yet been born. In this hibernation, they are called Interlights.

peel out- Skinjacker slang for when a Skinjacker leaves the body of a living person.

skinjacknig - Another "criminal art". Gives those the ability to "posses" a living person, by jumping inside that person, and taking control of, him or her

furjacking - An skinjacker who prefers posses animals instead of humans. Usually posses only a certain type on animal.

vapor- A large group of Afterlights.

(Please note that most of these terms have been created by mary Hightower and are most frequently used by her followers.)
Last edited by ~Soul of the Abyss~ on Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am, edited 15 times in total.
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Rules/ Guidelines

• All of Tess's Rules apply
  • No God Play
  • No foul language (Respect each other)
  • Keep it PG (There is no blood in Everlost!)
  • Two lines per post (Good grammar, punctuation, ext.)
  • Don't double post
  • Afterlights who can perform "criminal arts" are very rare. Please let there be more real Afterlights then Skinjackers and Ecto-rippers.
  • Couples are ok, just don't go to far. The girl and the boy in a couple must be played by different users.
  • No perfect characters
  • I have to power to ban users from this RP, so don't please don't make me.
  • This RP is open to those who have, or have not read the series. I highly recommend the books, The Skinjacker Trilogy by Neal Shusterman, for those who are interested.
  • Afterlights usually form large groups or civilizations. Multiple groups are allowed
  • If you want you character to be a Furjacker, please note the certain animal they skinjack in "Other".
  • Your Afterlight may start anywhere in the country. There are no boundaries in Everlost. (For those of you how have read the books, we won't worry about the wind that runs across the middle of the country till latter until latter.)
  • This RP is open to both characters from the series and original characters. Feel free to make both. Your character may also be as new or as accustomed to Everlost as you want.
  • Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to answer
  • Have Fun! :)

Character Form

Code: Select all
Username:
Character Name:
Nickname:
Picture: [url]insert_picture_URL_here[/url]
Appearance Description:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Personality(2 sentences):
How he/she died:
Criminal Art (optional):
Relationships(BF/GF):
Other:

Everlost Banner

Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1067710][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9GnNK.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

MIni-Mods (Respect!!)

*(Username)
*(Username)
Last edited by ~Soul of the Abyss~ on Mon May 28, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Characters So Far
Name/Age/User

Adam Lionheart/17/SheWhoRunsWithWolves
Kiro Linley/17/Miken13
Dean Elvis/16/PoisonedPudding
Phil Moris/16/HunterOfArtemis

Mary Hightower/16/peace4672
Lilly Watt/16/The||Dreamer
Mikey McGill/15/peace4672
Jaylen Bisca/15/~#Black Feather#~
Fox Wilde/15/PoisonedPudding

Heather Drew/15/peace4672
Katherine Swan/15/silverwingskywolf
Cameron Everdeen/14/Dying Flame
Sky Jones/14/SheWhoRunsWithWolves
Robin Eagles/14/Teags1
Piper June Englewood/14/The Key to Ellesmera
Naomi Cherry/14/PoisonedPudding

Mint/10/warrior cats rock
Nicole Summers/7/SheWhoRunsWithWolves
Mist/5/warrior cats rock
Last edited by ~Soul of the Abyss~ on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 am, edited 15 times in total.
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

My Characters
Will create more if necessary

Character Name: Mary Hightower (Mary Hightower is not her real name. She created in from her faint memories of her real name, which she knows started with a "m", and her home in the towers.
Nickname: "The Western Witch", "Mary: Queen of the Snots"
Age(5-17): 16
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/download/183333384/mary_queen_of_snots_by_kucket-d315gy0.jpg
Appearance Description: Marry has long red hair (picture not accurate) and shocking green eyes. She wears a green plaid shirt with a button-down shirt from the private school she went to when she was alive. Her black, dress shoes are very small and eternally bring pain to her feet (for the fact that she cam never take them off). She also wears a gold, heart locket around her neck encasing a frail picture of her beloved brother.
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Personality(2 sentences): Mary in a experienced Afterlight with strong very strong will. She has her ways of attracting many people to follow her and believe in her ways. Through her well-aclaimed books and "good deeds," Mary shows her will to create the "Perfect Everlost" is these ways she thinks are true. She is polite and charming most of the time, as if she is trying to hide away secret evil schemes. Marry is the kind of person who will never believe what she does is wrong.
How he/she died: Her brother, Mikey, and her were run over by a train.
Criminal Art (optional): "No! They are dangerous and Forbidden."
Relationships(BF/GF): Impress her.
Other: Currently lives at her home in the Twin Towers where she takes care of thousands of Afterlight, which she calls "her children". She is famous for her world renown books for new or unexperienced Afterlights. In these books, she explains basic terms of Everlost, warnings and expansions of people and things looming in the shadows of this world, and her hopeful vision for the future of this land between worlds.

Username: peace4672
Character Name: Heather Drew (She changed her last name to Drew due to her love of her fictional character idol, Nancy Drew.)
Nickname: "The Colector"
Age(5-17): 15
Picture: http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/c9/90/0m/02199.jpg
Appearance Description: Heather has long brown hair which comes to about the middle of her back. Her face is quite childish in a way, but her eyes tell us that she is more knowledgeable then what is expected. Her brown skirt and turtle-kneck shirt suggest to us a life of property along with her pale, black flats. Her often wears a pair of black glasses that she can easily remove off and on due to the fact that she did not die with them on.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Personality(2 sentences): Heather is a quite, mysterious girl who spends most of her time in solitude among her wide variety of books. She is very wise in the ays of Everlost and the real world and is happy to help any new arrivals to Everlost find their way (Marry Hightower calls new Afterlights to Everlost "Greensouls"). Her favorite pastime is to sit by the window of her hilltop gallery and read one of her favorite novels while wrapping herself in favorite, red blanket.
How he/she died: Unknown
Criminal Art (optional): Ecto-ripping
Relationships(BF/GF): None
Other: Heather lives in a crossed boarding house on a secluded mountaintop in Northern California. In her home, which she likes to call her "gallery" she collects antique books and items which her rips of finds lying around Everlost. She is not known to leave her often, which have caused many wide spread rumors about her. These include stories of "The Collector", as they call her, capturing any Afterlights that she finds roaming around her estates and collecting their heads as displays.

Username: peace4672
Character Name: Mikey McGill
Nickname: "The McGill"
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/download/214323268/mikey_mcgill_2_by_mandiiluffsyew-d3jlow4.jpg
Appearance Description: Mikey wears a spotless, black sweater over a white shirt. A red tie is tucked underneath his sweater and tan dress-pants cover his long legs. His short, brown curls around his head and almost covers his blue eyes. Is attire suggest some sort of formal event, not to be confused with his school uniform. His outfit weirdly matches the outfit he wears in the school picture of him in his sisters locket.
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Personality(2 sentences): Mikey is cautious in creating alliances with others, but is very loyal to the friends he happens to make. Mikey is can be easily angered and pushed to fight back against the people who agitate him. When it comes to his anger, Mikey may not think and may end up doing things that he will regret. At times, he can be very childish, but he is always willing to do the right thing.
How he/she died: He and his sister were hit by a train while playing on some train tracks on their way home from school.
Criminal Art (optional): Ever since he climbed back to the surface of Everlost from the center of the earth, Mikey has uncovered the ability to change his appearance, and the appearance of others, instantly to his liking. Although this is not categorized as a normal criminal art, he finds this power to be most useful at times.
Relationships(BF/GF): Open
Other: Mikey currently roams the country on horse back ever since the capture of his ship "The Sulfur Queen." On this ship, he use to roam to seas as the horrifying "McGill", who constantly capture and torched Afterlights. Mikey has changed from his life of cruelty and now only hopes to find new allies.
Last edited by ~Soul of the Abyss~ on Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Stuck Between Two Worlds~ An Everlost RP (Accepting)

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Everyone is welcome to join! :D
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silverwingskywolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 pm

(( are there animals in Everlost?))

Username: silverwingskywolf or silv
Character Name: Katherine Swan
Nickname: Kat
Picture: [url]insert_picture_URL_here[/url] Image
Appearance Description: Katherine is tall and slim, she has pale skin and long dark hair just like her mother used to have. She wears a casual white quarter length top and jeans (picture not accurate) which she usually wore after school when she went for a walk on the jetty.
Hair Color: black
Eye Color: deep green
Personality(2 sentences): Katherine is kind and loyal she mostly prefers her own company or drawing in a tree, however she is strong willed and will defend her point of view fiercely. She she has a good sense of humour and enjoys being sarcastic from time to time. She isn't sure what her purpose in Everlost is but is certain that it is important.
How he/she died: she was walking along the jetty with her dog Fealix, when one of the boards gave way underneath her, she hit her head on the way down knocking herself unconscious, then drowned.
Criminal Art (optional): furjaking, prefers dogs or wolves the most.
Relationships(BF/GF): open
Other: none
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silverwingskywolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby city; » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Username: The||Dreamer

Character Name: Lilly Watt

Nickname: Lils

Age(5-17): 16

Picture: L I L L Y

Hair Color: Blue

Eye Color: Blue

Personality: Lilly's a fighter. She may look like a girly girl, but she will always fight to find a way out of wherever she is. Never give in is her motto, and she follows it faithfully.

How she died: Lilly was sent to an St. George's School for the Gifted after she accidentally killed her 12 year old step-brother. When she got there, she was consumed by guilt, and decided to hang herself. She got everything ready, up until the point where she jumps. She was having last second jitters, and her socked foot slipped.

Criminal Art: No

Relationships(BF/GF): No

Other: {I'm horrible at filling out applications, and I'd you need an example of my works, you know where to look!}
Last edited by city; on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
wip
city;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warrior cats rock » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 pm

http://www.zerochan.net/1030176

Username:warrior cats rock
Character Name:ai
Nickname:mist
Age(5-17):5
Picture: [url]insert_picture_URL_here[/url]links at the top
Appearance Description:I have a link
Hair Color:black
Eye Color:red
Personality(2 sentences):she is a very shy girl all was hiding you rarely see her but if you do she will run way sacred but she is very kind at times to any thing taht is hurt
How he/she died:well she was bullied to daeth
Criminal Art (optional): yes
Relationships(BF/GF):no
Other:skinjacker

http://www.zerochan.net/1012815

Username:warrior cats rock
Character Name:mint
Nickname:night
Age(5-17):10
Picture: [url]insert_picture_URL_here[/url]
http://www.zerochan.net/767807
Appearance Description:
Hair Color:white
Eye Color:bule
Personality(2 sentences):he is a horror fint porson to be grond at times other times he is kind and happy but when he is insane you whont to be about 156555 miles way from him or he will kill you again if that's even possible
How he/she died:he died in a mental hospital thay shot him in the haed
Criminal Art (optional): no
Relationships(BF/GF):no
Other:
Last edited by warrior cats rock on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
warrior cats rock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul of the Abyss~ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:54 am

(( Silverwingskywolf and The||Dreamer are accepted. Warrior cats rock, could you please write two sentences for your characters personalities and invisibility isn't really a criminal art... you could have her be a skinjacker if you'd like. And Silverwingskywolf, furjackers sometimes look like the animals they posses, not saying you have to change anything, but I just wanted to let you know. There are no animals in Everlost. Furjackers take control of animals in the living world, since Afterlights are ghost. ))
~Soul of the Abyss~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me