It is against the rules to buy/sell pets for real money

Post here for trades involving items, pets, points or currency from other websites (FR, Wajas, mweor, etc)

Re: New rule about selling pets for real money

Postby deku! » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 am

I didn't even know that people did that! Woah. I see why it is like this.
xxImage

╭━━━━━━━╮

bunny/deku
he/him | pisces
infj | chaotic good

who am i if i am
not remembered?

╰━━━━━━━╯
deku!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am

sublime wrote:The whole art theft thing, I don't agree with. You're selling artwork, but you're not putting your name on it or claiming you made the art at all. You are selling that persons art, its almost like being an art broker (sp?), someone who buys or obtains art and then sells it.

Kajoken wrote:I don't want to sound rude, but now you actually have to forbid any way of off-site trading if you don't want to sound like a hypocrite.

You don't have any way to protect the traders from bad trades with real money, but you also don't have any way for trading with other Site Currencies as well. It's exactly the same thing. Yes, I bought pets with real money, and yes I bought pets with other off-site currencies as well. Never was I scammed in any way. Get to know your trading partners and it won't be much of a problem.

I may be alone with not agreeing with this new rule, but honestly I don't care right now -.-"

I don't agree with it at all and I also think you should ban all other offsite currency trading as well if this is the case.

Chiambisu wrote:Kajoken, I see your point. But it is never sure if you really get the pets you paid for/ if you get the money for the pets you gave away. This way is just much safer at all, especially because here are also little kids on this site.
And RL money is a bit different from off-site trades to be honest. You won't get in trouble because you didn't get the pixels you wanted but it could be a big problem of you paid money for nothing.

Bullet wrote:
The thing about CWP/GP/-insert some other website currency-, is if the transaction goes bad, you can report the person on either game. But on many games, especially private or application ones, they are all or mostly all mature people who will go through with the transactions.

You can report people but that doesn't change anything, plus people PAY with real cash for OFFSITE things, so it is basically the same as selling them for cash, you just dont have the 'middle man' of offsite currency. All or mostly mature enough to go through with transactions?? I've played a lot of sites and this is not true. You have a 50 50 chance of being scammed unless of course you are going through a seller who has references to back them up.

It isn't fair. And I've noticed you are selling pets.
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juneecat1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 am

I am very grateful for this! I am not able to buy chicken dollars but I don't really care! I love this site and what "pets" I already "own" on here so I am good with just that! I must admit however that one time I DID trade a pet for Chicken dollars and that time I was lucky because I got what I wanted but some people arn't so lucky! :/ Thanks for making the rule nick!
Juneecat1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby £eviathan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:29 am

Great decision.
£eviathan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medic ninja lee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 am

much less confusion :D
medic ninja lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Died » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 am

Me and someone were working out a deal, but haven't sent any pets/moneys yet, does that count as an in-process trade?
Died

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sukio » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:58 am

Oh, I'm grateful for this new rule. *seriously have been jeopardized by this*

Thanks CS Admin. You guys take such good care of us.

Edit: Read through the entire thread and am now crying. ... I'm such a stupid idiot...gomen Nick, Tess and everyone... :cry:
Sukio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am

sublime wrote:The whole art theft thing, I don't agree with. You're selling artwork, but you're not putting your name on it or claiming you made the art at all. You are selling that persons art, its almost like being an art broker (sp?), someone who buys or obtains art and then sells it.

Yes...the CS artists claim their pets as their own artwork.

By the by, good rule. It makes things a little bit more fair here.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainwolfeh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am

Ahh, that makes sense!

I think it's a good idea, that way no people will end up not getting whatever they pay for and will also prevent people trying to get free pets/money. ^^
"I has adorables?"

My puppy, Cooper. c: <3
ImageImageImageImage
Alacrity, the doggeh sim of the century!!
Meet my Doggies!
Rainwolfeh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CrossWinds » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 am

I think that selling pets for real money and selling pets for game money is the same thing. If you are going to ban real money you must also ban game money. I do not think that selling your pixels is stealing either, if you stole someones art you would be claiming it is yours.
ImageImageImageImageImage
CrossWinds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Trades & Auctions for Other Websites