It is against the rules to buy/sell pets for real money

Post here for trades involving items, pets, points or currency from other websites (FR, Wajas, mweor, etc)

Re: New rule about selling pets for real money

Postby Scoobs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:32 am

I'm really glad this rule was put in place. People are selling pets for close to $100 dollars o_o;

Adventure Time wrote:Finally, we can die!

My Formspring

Characters

My deviantART

Linkin Park Fanclub <3

Well that's alright,
Let's give this another try~

Image to the left is mine.
Please do not use it.
Scoobs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drifloon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 am

Chianya wrote:I'm the same as Muse...I didn't even think the selling pets was that popular since nobody would want to buy a CS design they could get for free and that wouldn't *benefit* CS, but I'd been offered $50 for my zebras awhile back and I'm as broke as can be and the thought of selling one or two had crossed my mind so I could like...buy food :lol: In the end this doesn't affect me since I don't have PayPal anywho and to sell a pet would be one heck of a hoop-jumping experience, but I do have to ask this...

~Chi

I feel the same as you guys here. I was hoping that once I got bored of this game, I'd hope to sell my pets to help pay a fraction for my university fee's {In English money, it's £15,000 for my course}

But I guess it makes trading a lot easier now. And I have to stop acting like a spoilt child and run some errands now.
Last edited by drifloon on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
help me complete my PPS collection!
banana auction

There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere,
wanna share? ★

Currently looking for this pet.
Can you help?
drifloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby volkher » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 am

Personally, I don't think it's right to sell other peoples art.

And plus, you could buy a REAL pet with that money ;)
volkher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ApplePup » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:49 am

I'm glad that this rule was put in place. C:
Also, I agree with L Lawliet--you can buy a real pe for that money!
It's rediculous, really. To be honest, you can play with real pets more!
ApplePup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cleddyf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 am

Thank you Nick!

I, for one, think it's sort of ridiculous to trade real money for virtual pets.
previously known as TeenCat, TriforceDragon, and Absolette87
if you knew me when i was 10 hmu ✌️
cleddyf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 am

The whole art theft thing, I don't agree with. You're selling artwork, but you're not putting your name on it or claiming you made the art at all. You are selling that persons art, its almost like being an art broker (sp?), someone who buys or obtains art and then sells it.

Kajoken wrote:I don't want to sound rude, but now you actually have to forbid any way of off-site trading if you don't want to sound like a hypocrite.

You don't have any way to protect the traders from bad trades with real money, but you also don't have any way for trading with other Site Currencies as well. It's exactly the same thing. Yes, I bought pets with real money, and yes I bought pets with other off-site currencies as well. Never was I scammed in any way. Get to know your trading partners and it won't be much of a problem.

I may be alone with not agreeing with this new rule, but honestly I don't care right now -.-"

I don't agree with it at all and I also think you should ban all other offsite currency trading as well if this is the case.

Chiambisu wrote:Kajoken, I see your point. But it is never sure if you really get the pets you paid for/ if you get the money for the pets you gave away. This way is just much safer at all, especially because here are also little kids on this site.
And RL money is a bit different from off-site trades to be honest. You won't get in trouble because you didn't get the pixels you wanted but it could be a big problem of you paid money for nothing.

Bullet wrote:
The thing about CWP/GP/-insert some other website currency-, is if the transaction goes bad, you can report the person on either game. But on many games, especially private or application ones, they are all or mostly all mature people who will go through with the transactions.

You can report people but that doesn't change anything, plus people PAY with real cash for OFFSITE things, so it is basically the same as selling them for cash, you just dont have the 'middle man' of offsite currency. All or mostly mature enough to go through with transactions?? I've played a lot of sites and this is not true. You have a 50 50 chance of being scammed unless of course you are going through a seller who has references to back them up.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tallulah » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 am

supercrown wrote:i agree, because i dont think pictures on the computer arent worth real money...and alot of people are selling pets..
thanks for puttin up the rule, Nick!

I fully agree to this <3
Tallulah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grisly bear » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 am

Whata bout selling CS pets for CWP? O-o

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

i'm grisly or ellis.
I'm remaking this
So, yeah
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 22 people.
I have received __ gifts.

Seeking ANGEL ADVENT
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

grisly bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kingston » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 am

What is your BFF hands you I don't know... $2 and you send her the pet and you are right there. Is that still okay or not?
Kingston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 am

Yeah, those pets are just little pictures on the internet no more than the size of your thumb. And yet, I saw someone selling a banana for 70$!!!! IT'S CRAZY!!!
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Trades & Auctions for Other Websites