Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Characters you just love beyond reason-Not just Crushes

Postby LonelyGuldfisk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 pm

I take no credit for the gif c:
Jean Kirstein | Attack On Titan | SNK

I deeply admire Jean. He appears rather self-centerd and blunt to start with, but as the story progresses, you can see he 'has high value on the lives of his comrades.' He is also not afraid to risk his lives for others when he took on the Female Titan, knowing if he didn't it could take down the rest of the groups. He is proof that people can change. He starts of thinking humanity is doomed and just wanted the safety of the Military Police, but in the end he is shown to have faith in humanitys survival after all.

I have the same amount, if not more, admiration for Eren | AOT | for his determination, Sam | SPN | for..everything, Dean | SPN | Because of his overwhelming protection towards his brother and family, Castiel | SPN | because of his loyalty to the brothers, Daryl | TWD | Because of his loyalty and trust in Rick and awesome crossbow skills, Kaneki | Tokyo Ghoul | Because of the great measures he goes to protect his friends and those around him, Thomas | Maze Runner | because of his curious and determined nature and Rin | Blue Exorcist | because of the support he provides for those around him and the pride he has for them, including his brother.
LonelyGuldfisk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kobra » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:33 am

prince noctis wrote:
Corrin from Fire Emblem: Fates (Aka the main character)
Honestly, after playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright I fell in love of this character. NO REASON THOUGH

Also Prompto from Final Fantasy XV

I second Prompto. Great, great puns
──-─────────────────────
Huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan
Yeah, I need to update this sig
i want to be a cow in moo moo meadows

─────────────────────-──
──-───────────────
███░██████████████
███░██████████████
───────────────-──
███░█████████
──-──────────
coding credit
because of obi wan?

──────────-──
███░█████████
kobra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:58 pm

There are many characters that I love deeply and occasionally inexplicably, let me name a few:

Fiona from Tales from the Borderlands. What's not to love about Fiona? Nothing, that's what. She's sarcastic, pragmatic, and she loves her sister (And maybe Rhys & Vaughn if you play that way (I do)). She's TOUGH but that's what living on Pandora will do to you. Where is my TFTBL season 2 telltale? Where is it? (Bonus shout out to literally every other TFTBL characterb/c i freaking love that game and all its peoples)

Aqua from the Kingdom Hearts Series. Honestly, Aqua is so good? She's so responsible and she loves her friends so much, she deserves the world. I hope she gets it. (Special mentions for Riku and Terra as well, my boys, and the master of masters is like my favorite kind of mad god character lol)

Duck/Ahiru from Princess Tutu. Duck is just about the most pure character. She may doubt and waver in her appointed role, but her light outshines any darkness around her. And she denies a fate that doesn't work for her! Always try to find the third option, my girl. Her hope and optimism in the face of disaster are wonderful and give me hope and optimism.

Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones. The book incarnation of Brienne is my favorite and, though I haven't even picked up A Feast for Crows in months, I still love Brienne's bravery and kindness in spite of the world she lives in and the way she's treated.

Scarlet from Fire Emblem: Fates. Scarlet is sweet and positive and loves shiny things and also she will kick every Nhorian butt out of her country 'cause she leads her own revolution!! She also falls into one of my fav archetypes: Spunky blond warrior woman who probably has a dragon (and secret feelings for her commanding officer). (Other fire emblem fates characters-- Ryoma, Reina, Silas, Sophie (ya i married silas wanna fight me))

(Side note, I just realized all characters above this note are tough women & girls determined to deal with the lacking hand life has dealt them. I have a TYPE lmao)

Kitty, Nathaniel and Bartimeaus form the Bartimeaus trilogy. Kitty is another one of those tough revolutionary girls; she's patient and smart and practical, and willing to trust someone who she has no reason to trust. Nathaniel's a slimeball for most of the books, but he's really a scared little kid who figures out what's right in the end (He really tugs on my heartstrings). Bartimeaus is the most sarcastic character I have possibly ever read about? But his heart of gold is in there, and I love him for it. I know there are 3 characters here but I love them all so much?? This book was part of my childhood, and I want to make it a part of my adult life.

Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4. Dude acts tough and stupid but he can't fool me. He's soft on the inside, and he actually does think about things, though he tries not to lol. He's my son and boy. (Special mention-- Naoto Shirogane & I love the idea of Izanami)

Jaime Reyes / The Blue Beetle from the DC Comics universe. Can you believe I almost forgot my son? NOT A CHANCE, KIDDOS. Jamie's like, classic teen superhero always getting into scrapes with the aliens that made his armor, but he loves his family and they all know about his superhero identity. U go babe. (Bonus shoutout to my favorite marvel superhero, Kamala Khan/ Ms. Marvel, but Jamie was the first)

And most recently Jughead Jones, specifically his incarnation from his currently running series, titled Jughead. Nowadays, he's one of the few positive representations of asexuality out there in popular media, which is very refreshing and very relateable to me, an asexual. Besides that, he's a a sarcastic #cool teen that eats everything he is LITERALLY me two years ago i love him

It's gettin long so I'll wrap up with a list of characters that I also love but don't want to write too much about RN: Pretty much any character from start trek (Shoutout to Odo, Janeway, the EMH, 7 of 9, and Picard) Frank and Hazel from the Percy Jackson Series, Pidge, Lance and Shiro from Voltron legendary defender, Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney, Lan Fan, Ling Yao, and Al Elric from Full Metal Alchemist, and Balthier and Fran from Final Fantasy XII, and Mewt Randall from Final Fantasy Tactics advance.

thanks for listening to me blab @ 1 in the morning my time
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Melonbread » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:07 am

Dr. Angela Zeigler- call sign Mercy, from Overwatch

Listen,, I would die for this woman. While there isn't much to her character right now, what is there presents some of the most fascinating and faceted possibilities I've ever seen for a character. Plus, her in-game voice lines (especially the elimination ones) never fail to make me laugh, and that eyeliner is almost as fly as she is 👌👌👌

she's also my main so I may be a tiny bit biased BUT STILL
Melonbread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Benny from Fallout: New Vegas is my dude. He's arrogant, shortsighted and has so few morals but he's also such a cool character. So suave and charming and entertaining, even after he tries to kill you. I adore the story of chasing him across the Mojave to exact your revenge, only for him to look death in the face and try to squirm his way out of it. GOD he's such a good character.

Also Sandor Clegane because chicken.

Also every character from Six of Crows ;_; those are my BABIES
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagicSpyglass » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Two words: Klaus Baudelaire

I just want to become his gf and help him though all the misery that he has to go though! I just feel a deep connection towards him! oh, I forgot to mention that he is extremely Intelligent and that he uses said intelligence to be a total bad***. He is also a bibliophilic, meaning that he is a lover of books, which makes him intelligent. Like seriously though, ALL THREE VERSIONS OF HIM ARE HANDSOME! (but I find the book version of him the most attractive) Klaus has somehow helped me calm down during any nervous outbreaks that I have, even though he is fictional. He is real to me, and that's all that matters.

And now I will show you all three versions of him.

personally I find the movie version the least handsome but that's just me

I could not find a picture of Netflix Klaus on his own, so here is a pic of the Netflix Baudelaires.

I could not find a full bodied illustration of Book Klaus either, so here you go. (omg I love him so much)

I also admire Klaus's sisters Violet and Sunny. I really wish that I could meet them all of course, but if I could only spend time with one of the girl's Violet's my choice. She is very inventive and she wants to make sure that her friends and family are safe. Sunny is also A ADORABLE BAD***! Let's just say that her bite is worse than her bark.

Hello! I'm Chloe, I'm a adult Autistic girl! I have a lot of special interests :3
MagicSpyglass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 am

I literally cannot define in words how I feel about Juuzhou Suzuya. He's just so precious and so amazingly strong for having made it through everything that happened to him. He's small and deadly and he doesn't back down and nobody appreciates him except for the few people who actually know him. And he knew Haise was Kaneki but didn't bring it up. Because he cared enough about him that he didn't want to ruin his nice little life. His first partner is in a coma and may never wake up but he visits him anyway and tells him about his day and I just love him so much. He's my son and I would protect him with my life. And hopefully he would protect me with his.

More recent runner-ups to his position include:
Yuri Plisetsky
Tim Toy
Moss Wick(if you know who that is I love you)
Shigaraki Tomura
Sora Perse
Ijika Yuuto
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obsceneSymphony » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 am

coelagirl wrote:Duck/Ahiru from Princess Tutu. Duck is just about the most pure character. She may doubt and waver in her appointed role, but her light outshines any darkness around her. And she denies a fate that doesn't work for her! Always try to find the third option, my girl. Her hope and optimism in the face of disaster are wonderful and give me hope and optimism.

Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones. The book incarnation of Brienne is my favorite and, though I haven't even picked up A Feast for Crows in months, I still love Brienne's bravery and kindness in spite of the world she lives in and the way she's treated.

Jaime Reyes / The Blue Beetle from the DC Comics universe. Can you believe I almost forgot my son? NOT A CHANCE, KIDDOS. Jamie's like, classic teen superhero always getting into scrapes with the aliens that made his armor, but he loves his family and they all know about his superhero identity. U go babe. (Bonus shoutout to my favorite marvel superhero, Kamala Khan/ Ms. Marvel, but Jamie was the first)

Whooooa we think alike my friend! Also for good ace/aro representation I recommend Bojack Horseman, the aro character only comes out at the end of the most recent season but it's pretty cool to see an established main character explicitly not being romantically attracted to anyone. 👍🏻

Also I've talked about my (quite frankly excessive) love of Tex (RvB) here before but I haven't mentioned Hurley (Lost) like what!!! He's everything... he deserves the world and his ending makes me cry from happiness 😭. I wish the LOST creators had been allowed to write their vision of a network show without any identifiable Attractive White Male Hero (#killjack), but what they did accomplish with showcasing and appreciating characters of different ethnicities, genders, and abilities is still frankly astounding for the amount of pressure put on writers to make white, nondisabled, conventionally attractive protagonists. It makes me so happy to have a protagonist who is so kind, funny, caring, and develops so much (not to mention is so important in the plot!) and also has an eating disorder, depression, and psychosis, and is latino and fat. He is a ray of sunshine and I am so thankful for him.
Back at CS again!
♥: food animal medicine, access to care, welfare, ecology, bugs, lifting
MHA, DC, RvB, Homestuck, Discworld, Area X, Star Trek
Eve \ adult \ she or he \ DVM student

ImageImage Image
obsceneSymphony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:56 am

obsceneSymphony wrote:
Whooooa we think alike my friend! Also for good ace/aro representation I recommend Bojack Horseman, the aro character only comes out at the end of the most recent season but it's pretty cool to see an established main character explicitly not being romantically attracted to anyone. 👍🏻

Also I've talked about my (quite frankly excessive) love of Tex (RvB) here before but I haven't mentioned Hurley (Lost) like what!!! He's everything... he deserves the world and his ending makes me cry from happiness 😭. I wish the LOST creators had been allowed to write their vision of a network show without any identifiable Attractive White Male Hero (#killjack), but what they did accomplish with showcasing and appreciating characters of different ethnicities, genders, and abilities is still frankly astounding for the amount of pressure put on writers to make white, nondisabled, conventionally attractive protagonists. It makes me so happy to have a protagonist who is so kind, funny, caring, and develops so much (not to mention is so important in the plot!) and also has an eating disorder, depression, and psychosis, and is latino and fat. He is a ray of sunshine and I am so thankful for him.

Sounds like we do! I started watching Bojack Horseman this very year, and Todd being aro/ace was a big factor in that ✌

I also might have to give Lost a go now... Hurley sounds like an amazing character
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me