Saddest Character Deaths in everything (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Saddest Character Deaths in everything (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Postby Wild Mothman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:15 am

With all the lovey stuff floating around i need something to be an antidote

Warning: May contain traces of spoilers.
You have been warned

I have two rules here
Deaths of Religious figures: Go Elsewhere to talk about these.
it makes others uncomfortable.
Don't repost character deaths, unless they haven't been posted for at least 10 pages.
If a character's death has been posted say on page 50.. and the thread is on page 100, yeah... you can repost it. but if a characters death was posted on page 99, and the thread is on page 100, then no you can't repost it.
It's prevents this thread from being spammed up with character deaths more popular fandoms.
If you are talking about multipule character deaths at once , please keep them to ONE POST, this prevents the thread from getting spammed up (if you find another death that you find sad later on, you can always come back and post again later.)
other than that it's open space, feel free to post character deaths from movies, tv, books, songs, fan fic, even your own writing.

But what character deaths had you reaching for the tissue box.
Try and post clips if you can.
feel free to discuss

For me it was
Tara and Anya (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
How they died: Bullet and Sword
Marcus Cole (Babylon 5)
How they died: Alien healing device, long story
Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG1)
Radiation poisoning
Wash (Serenity/Firefly)
Impaled
Spottedleaf, Feathertail and Honeyfern (Warriors)
Murdered, impaled (i think), Snake bite

Side notes
Marcus and Daniel shouldn't really be up there as Daniel asended for a season and Marcus was really close to death. But was put in cryo and was revived in the short story, Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic.

Code: Select all
[b]Name of character that died:[/b]
[b]What are they from:[/b]
[b]How they died:[/b]
[b]Clip or quote(if applicable):[/b]
Last edited by Wild Mothman on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:16 am, edited 14 times in total.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Saddest Character Deaths in Movies, books, Tv shows, etc

Postby Sad Café » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:39 am

J.T.'s death on Degrassi Dx

And yes Honeyfern's death in Warriors was sad too.
Don't ever
tell anybody anything.
If you do, you start
missing everybody.

now hoarding all
butterfly wolves

Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Where it's so white as snow
Privately divided by a world so undecided
And there's nowhere to go

In between the cover of another perfect wonder
And it's so white as snow
Running through the field
Where all my tracks will be concealed

And there's nowhere to go
Sad Café

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lord Puddles » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Name of character that died: Matoro
What are they from: Bionicle
How they died: sacrificing his life for the universe
Clip or quote(if applicable):
He was one of the very first characters ever introduced, and about seven or eight years into the story, they kill him off in a depressing way. In the story, he gives his life force to the dead Great Spirit Mata Nui to save the world, but the bad guy intervened and made Matoro's sacrifice useless. It was, in my opinion, the worst way to kill off a main character.
Last edited by Lord Puddles on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Puddles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selene0789 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I could list any one of the deaths on Stargate: SG-1. Except, NONE of them stay dead. Too funny. So I guess it's not really all that sad. Ummm... I get sad when I watch Lion King (when Mustafa dies) and Land Before Time (when Little Foot finds his mom--dead). Oddly enough, it's usually when its cartoon and/or when animals die that I cry for movies. Go figure.
Image Image Image Image Image

Please click on my eggs/hatchlings and help them grow!
selene0789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saint.EXE » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

In the old PKmon games, there was this story about Gary's Raticate and his life. that people believed. Theres a sadder one I can't find though...I cried about his Raticate

In the original Pokemon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town, he asks you whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokemon die. At this point int eh game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.

Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle, but because of crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to the Pokemon Center in time and Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Tow to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.

Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokemon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needs to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.

Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave not to fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you... Defeating you... and to eventually make it to the Pokemon League.

Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated... BY YOU. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokemon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.

In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.
saint.EXE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm

That's kinda mean

I forgot about crying whe Nick Cutter died in primeval
That was sad because after Cutter died the show went downhill rapidly. it just wasn't the same.
I cried in Eulogy, the sanctuary ep.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyTheWhiteWolf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 pm

The saddest death in a book i read is bluestar from warrior cats, here is how it happened.

FireHeart was leading a pack of huge vicious dogs to a gordge and tigerstar pinned him and ran away to the closest tree so the dogs could catch up to fireheart, the dogs did, the leader of the pack grabbed fireheart and shook him around, then, bluestar came and knocked most of the dogs into the river and the others retreated, but, bluestar fell into the gorge with them, fireheart pulled her out of the water in with lots of effort, bluestar stayed alive for a little but, but then, she died.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SkyTheWhiteWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Marcus cole's death was really sad and kinda romantic

He had feelings for Commander Susan Ivonava, she did not show any feelings for him.
after the ship they were on was attacked, Susan was badly wounded, close to death.
He found a healing device that transfers the life force from one person to another.
He gave up his own life for her's.
*I'm getting sad just by writing this*

I'll try and find a clip but youtube is being hopless
Susan and Marcus are way up the list on favourite unrequited love pairings

Though the Death of B5 (the station itself) had me crying
(It exploded, with very depressing music in the background)
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aleatory » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

thse of you who know me will not be surprised... but anyway...
Whenn Asajj Ventress died in the Obsession comics, I cried sooo hard. and she wasn't even exactly dead! here's how it happened:
Asajj was a darksider who Obi-wan believed he could bring back to the light.He and Anakin, his apprentice, were chasing after her, even though she continued to fight them. She knew she couldn't fight both of them, so she ran away towards her own Master. She was already wounded, so he ordered her shot. Obi-wan came toweards her, but she lashed out at him, almost hitting him with a piece of metal, but Anakin stabbed her first, much to Obi-wan's horror. At first they thought she had died, but she called to Obi-wan and ended up dying in his arms as he cryed for her. Her body was loaded on a ship to be taken away for a burial, but it later showed her getting back up and telling the pilots to fly her away from the war. It was soooo unbelieveably sad because it left Obi-wan believeing her dead, and he was the only one who cared for her at all. :cry:
but then again, she might have come to live with him between the third and fourth movies, as no one really knows what was going on in that time frame. ;)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
aleatory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yağmur » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Name of character that died: Brindleface , Mozart
What are they from: Warriors, Meerkat manor
How they died: Brindleface was killed by Tigerstar. Mozart was attacked by a jackle
Last edited by Yağmur on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you looking for a hint? Stop clowning around!
⚠️I am an artist for CS. You can PM me but I cannot help you with your trades, the rules or moving/locking/deleting topics. ⚠️
~Click here to check out my trade thread~Click here to check out my characters~

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~the above photos belong to me~
Yağmur
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups