Assassins Creed Origins

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Assassins Creed Origins

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:09 pm

I don't know if there's a thread for this already, I did a quick search but didn't see an active thread.

(Just remember to keep things PG13 and watch out for spoilers)

I just wanted a place to talk about Assassins Creed Origins. Its one of my favourite games on the PS4 which is kinda odd for me because I am not a fan of this franchise at all. I just love the variety in this game, I tried to watch a Lets Play on the other games and quickly got bored because its so repetitive. There are just a few things which I am not so fond of in this game.

1. Snakes
Why snakes, seriously though. They are the only enemy that can't be marked by Senu. While looking around with Senu it will say something is resting and you're like ok that's just a harmless bird, go towards it, hear this horrifying hissing and get bitten by a cobra. I'm terrified of snakes and whenever I run into tombs now I walk right past them. If I do go into tombs I have my bow aimed at the ground the whole time and I will shoot if it turns red. There was one mission where I had to find someone in a hole and they were like oh yeah there's another guy further in but watch out I heard something hissing back there and I was like so definitely snakes in there thanks for the heads up this time. I'm very nervous about exploring the Green Mountains because its just full of snakes.

I even saw an alert saying animal attack and when I got there there was this cobra. I mean they're easier to kill than hippos or crocs but still.

2. There is no warning for restricted areas
I ride everywhere so I can make a quick getaway if I run into an animal or someone that just decides they don't like me. This means whenever I'm riding towards a question mark to mark it on my map I often run into a restricted area. I immediately turn but not before a bunch of soldiers see me and start screaming 'GET THEM' and I get shot in the back and of course if I run into someone on horseback I get chased for several miles.

I also run into people in unrestricted areas that are like 'HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE DIE NOW' and I'm like why i'm just an innocent bystander I'm not planning on doing anything here I just want to pass through, it often turns out they're part of a quest but you know little warning would be helpful.

3. Running into gold or resource carriers
I was trying to fill out the map the other day, I just wanted to explore. I rode into a new area, next thing I know I'm getting chased because I ran into someone carrying gold without realising and they attack without thinking. They were also very strong and 2 arrows killed me.

4. That one mission
There's a mission where you kill someone in a bathhouse and then have to escape, you have NO weapons and no defense. You just have to hope no one sees you and make it out the door. I died here at least 10 times.

Funny things that have happened to me

So I've had several amusing things happen while playing this game.

I fast travelled to one spot and forgot it was teeming with lions so when I jumped down there was a dead lion from before lying next to the grass AND 2 lionesses lying either side of the grass and I'm like hey so this is awkward now what, the funny thing, they weren't hostile. They had NO idea I was there even though I had literally just jumped in front of them (I jumped down before and they were like KILL HIM). Like one's head was nearly in the grass. I just waited until they went to kill something called my horse and ran for my life.

I love the AI in this game. I will often wait for half an hour before I start killing just watching the guys walk by. When I do I try to hide the bodies in grass (I mean surely after like 5 people will notice, but no lol) but I wasn't able to do that in one place. I created this pile of bodies and then hid in the grass because I saw someone coming. They were like huh thats strange, then turned and walked away, which was a mistake because I snuck up behind them and killed them. Its just like Skyrim where you shoot someone with an arrow, they go hey what was that and then a few moments later huh I guess this arrow in my shoulder was just my imagination.

Another thing I've done is set a trap by killing someone and hiding nearby so someone else will come and investigate and then I shoot them or draw them to me with a whistle, it was unintentional at first but when I saw it happen the first time I was like I need to do this to as many people as possible. I got like 4 guys doing this and it was in a huge fort with tons of guards AND captains and commanders. I also got a captain doing this which was lucky.

One of my favourite moments is fairly early in the game. I was struggling with this one section but then I saw this sniper spot and knew what to do. I climbed up killed the guy standing guard then shot who I liked and hid behind the wall. I had already trapped the braziers so they came after me. They had to go into the little hut and up a ladder so I just stood next to the ladder and slashed until they were all dead.

Your turn now, what did you like/hate about the game and let me know if you've had something funny happen to you while playing. Just be careful with spoilers.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Assassins Creed Origins

Postby [Paradox] » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 am

4. That one mission
There's a mission where you kill someone in a bathhouse and then have to escape, you have NO weapons and no defense. You just have to hope no one sees you and make it out the door. I died here at least 10 times.

There was a wall you could climb to get up to a higher level. That way you could safely escape with no one seeing you.

One funny thing that happened to me was having a crocodile that I tamed follow me onto a roof. I'm not sure if they're supposed to do that, or how it even got up there. But yeah.. haha. I also tamed a cow once and had it running beside me. There's no reason to tame cows. They're of no benefit at all, but it's still fun to have a cow following you around.

I loved having the ability to take in-game photos. I did so many stupid things just to get amusing photos. Like intentionally setting my horse on fire, running into/over people, jumping off high cliffs, running around with cows and goats, etc.

I also thought the elephant battles and trials of the gods challenges were really fun. Even though I missed the trial of Anubis because I wasn't a high enough level at the time, and by the time it was repeated I was already through with the game..

The thing I hated was being unable to get the unicorn.
I killed so many lions just to buy heka chests.
But alas, no unicorn. No special mounts at all. *sigh*.
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image
[Paradox]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 am

[Paradox] wrote:
4. That one mission

There was a wall you could climb to get up to a higher level. That way you could safely escape with no one seeing you.

One funny thing that happened to me was having a crocodile that I tamed follow me onto a roof. I'm not sure if they're supposed to do that, or how it even got up there. But yeah.. haha. I also tamed a cow once and had it running beside me. There's no reason to tame cows. They're of no benefit at all, but it's still fun to have a cow following you around.

I loved having the ability to take in-game photos. I did so many stupid things just to get amusing photos. Like intentionally setting my horse on fire, running into/over people, jumping off high cliffs, running around with cows and goats, etc.

I also thought the elephant battles and trials of the gods challenges were really fun. Even though I missed the trial of Anubis because I wasn't a high enough level at the time, and by the time it was repeated I was already through with the game..

The thing I hated was being unable to get the unicorn.
I killed so many lions just to buy heka chests.
But alas, no unicorn. No special mounts at all. *sigh*.

Thanks for commenting, glad to see someone else likes this game. A lot of people hate it because its not like the other games which is a good thing for me cause I couldn't get into the other games, can't even watch lets plays of them I get bored.

When you say wall to get higher do you mean the top half of the bathhouse? Because I killed the guy by dropping down onto him from there and the moment I killed him I scrambled up the wall as fast as I could, the issue is the guards were searching for me and I couldn't figure out a way to get to the door without them seeing me cause I had to drop down at some point. I just got lucky and jumped down onto a guard while the other had his back turned and they saw me as I was leaving.

Interesting, a wall climbing croc. Reminds me of the dogs in minecraft

I'm still just exploring at the moment but I did run into an area with a couple of elephants the other day but when I saw the restricted area I turned around and ran the other way.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [Paradox] » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Yeah I meant the top half of it. I don't remember exactly but I thought there was a path you could take up there where you could get away undetected. Like an open window or something maybe? Unless I'm getting confused.

There're 4 different elephant battles, but they're very challenging so they're better to save until the end. I remember trying one at a lower level and it was completely hopeless. I could barely even get a scratch in it whilst it killed me in about one hit. Lol.

I've played all the games, but I didn't think Origins was bad at all. It does feel less like Assassin's Creed than any of the other titles, but I still liked it better AC3 or Unity. And I didn't hate those either.
Which of the other games have you tried?
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image
[Paradox]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

[Paradox] wrote:Yeah I meant the top half of it. I don't remember exactly but I thought there was a path you could take up there where you could get away undetected. Like an open window or something maybe? Unless I'm getting confused.

There're 4 different elephant battles, but they're very challenging so they're better to save until the end. I remember trying one at a lower level and it was completely hopeless. I could barely even get a scratch in it whilst it killed me in about one hit. Lol.

I've played all the games, but I didn't think Origins was bad at all. It does feel less like Assassin's Creed than any of the other titles, but I still liked it better AC3 or Unity. And I didn't hate those either.
Which of the other games have you tried?

I haven't tried any, I got my PS4 last year for Christmas and Origins is the first I've actually played. Since I never had the consoles to play I tried to watch some lets plays on them but the missions were so repetitive I gave up after the first couple of episodes. The only other gameplay I've watched is by Achievement Hunter but they only played the multiplayer. Origins is just the first in the franchise I really wanted to play myself.

koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me