Killmonger though! (spoilers & a serious question/debate)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Killmonger though! (spoilers & a serious question/debate)

Postby Gizmutt » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm

So.
I have to admit, Killmonger is by far my favorite Marvel villain so far.
I was able to avoid the inevitable fandom loki brought about, but killmonger I have fallen in love with.

There is one, very obvious question that is sparked following the black panther movie.
Spoilers read at your own risk (HIghlight to read)

Is killmonger really dead?
What do you think, why, or why not?

There are several strong points in both directions.

Pro bringing him back: Killmonger is one of the biggest antagonists in the black panther universe. It does not make much sense to kill him off in the first movie if they really want to prolong the franchise.

Pro bringing him back: There was no burial. There was a big point being made about the indecency that killmongers father did not get a proper burial - why would they do to the same to killmonger if T'Challa really wanted to make a change

-Con: Bringing Him back would negate the very poignant message that he was sent off with - and it would in a sense just make him another run of the mill, indestructible brought back marvel villain
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Killmonger though! (spoilers & a serious question/debate

Postby horchata » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm

spoiler warning for black panther (just in case) haha

honestly i wasnt the biggest fan of the black panther movie mainly because i dont think it lived up to the huge hype - while it was a decent movie killmonger's role felt really convoluted (he became king way too late) and there was a lot that wasnt explained (why did he have a black panther suit) - so based on the overall quality of the movie i'm pretty sure killmonger did die

sure they want to prolong the black panther franchise but in previous marvel franchises, an antagonist (as far as i know, i could be wrong) has never lasted more than one movie (besides loki), just to keep things interesting (plus all the focus is on thanos for infinity war rn so they need to get all distractions out of the way). while i agree it would be better that he didnt die, im fairly sure he did just because the movie wasn't the greatest (which isnt to say i didnt like it, actors were amazing + the villain was very interesting even though his role wasnt as big as i feel it shouldve been) and if the director chose to make a decision like that i wouldnt be surprised, and the movies have never been too loyal to the comics anyway (coughcoughquicksilver dying in ultroncoughcough)

i guess with the way marvel movies have been going lately it was better to kill him off and have him not come back than just have him escape, but i am kinda surprised it turned out that way as it probably wouldntve been too difficult to come to a conclusion that made both of them happy (as their hopes were fairly similar, they were just approaching it a different way) - and he wouldntve been imprisoned anyway as hed become king in a ritual fight so his last statement kinda confused me but dramatic effect i guess
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes