music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby laura palmer. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm

so my two favorite songs right now are songs from "friday afternoons" op.7 'cuckoo' by benjamin britten, which is a classical-ish song from the movie moonrise kingdom. it's a really nice sounding song, and id recommend giving it a listen if you've never heard it. I'm not usually a classical music fan but I simply adore this piece. id give it a 9/10, mainly because it's quite short {only 1.47}, but I really love it.

my other favorite song is put a flower in your pocket by the arcs. if you've perhaps heard of the band called the black keys, the arcs have a very similar sound. it's probably because their lead man dan auerbach is also the lead man of the arcs. the music is kinda blues-ish and sounds very nice. the lyrics are intriguing, and the guitar pairs well with the simple drum beat. my favorite lyric is "they may pretend they like you, but man's best friend will bite you just for fun."
id give it a 10/10, and ive listened to it around 85 times today. oops.

what are your favorite songs right now?
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talkshow boy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm

realjoshdun wrote:what are your favorite songs right now?

ohh, i can list off plenty of songs i'm in love with right now. the main ones being ma chérie by palaye royale

ma chérie {which roughly translates to my sweetheart} is somewhat of a love song. a typical love song, about a one-sided love between two people. but the way it's worded makes the song a bit different. not vastly different, but it's something. really, i just love the singer's voice and it's really catchy.
{//yes, it is sung in english.}
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skeleton, » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 pm

favorite artist, and why; my chemical romance. their music has always spoken to me on a different level, the only other group that has "spoken" to me like that is twenty one pilots, they helped me through a rough patch. if it's a specific artist in general, then it has to be frank iero, love all his music
favorite song, and why; i'm bad at picking favorites but weighted by frnkiero and the cellabration is such a good song
favorite lyric, and why; i really like these bits from 'the kids from yesterday' by my chem, "you only live forever in the lights you make" and "you only hear the music when your heart begins to break" as they're such nicely written lines that get a strong point across
favorite album, and why; probably stomachaches by frnkiero and the cellabration. loved it, it was a great album. since i'm so bad at picking favorites hesitant alien by gerard way and three cheers for sweet revenge by my chemical romance are runner-ups.
favorite genre; punk rock/punk pop
favorite music news source [if any]; n/a
least favorite artist, and why; music is music, if you make music then it means something to you. but i honestly don't really like country music, i haven't heard much by florida georgia line but what i have heard i don't care for.
least favorite song, and why; hallelujah by panic! at the disco. i love panic! but something about this song i really don't like. i feel like it doesn't really match the rest of the album, death of a bachelor, and it seems a bit overrated.
favorite music service; spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); cds
skeleton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Okay guys,it's time for a REVIEEEEEEWWW! ;)

as some of you might know, i'm a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd, so guess what Album i'm gonna review today!

Second helping

a bit about the album?
well, the artist, of course, id Lynyrd Skynyrd. The album was released on the 15th of april, 1974. the label was 'Audio Fidelty Records'.
Genre: Southern Rock, Bluesrock, Hard Rock, Boogie rock, Country-Rock.

of course i got a list of all the songs for you, too :D
1: Sweet home Alabama
2: I ned you
3: Don't ask me no questions
4: Workin' for MCA
5: The ballad of Curtis Loew
6: Swamp music
7: The needle and the spoon
8: Call me the breeze

so lets go :D
NUMBER ONE: SWEET HOME ALABAMA
mmmhhhh what can I say, it's my favorite song since 10 years. The into is great, the rythm and melody make me want to sing along (what i'm actually doing right now). the guitar bridges- ah i love them. the guitar solo after the third refrain is amazing as well. man i wish i could play like that. it's just a song that gets me in a great mood, no matter how crappy i felt before. 10/10

NUMBER TWO: I NEED YOU
ohhh people we got blues rock here! yum, yum really. it's by far not as happy as Sweet home alabama, but the guitar, oh my god. i can already see myself listening to it on a rainy day, driving down a muddy road. yup. or in a train, staring out of the window. while it's raining. don't ask me why, but this song sounds rainy. ah and the blues is awesome. the small guitar solos in between just add up on that. 9/10

NUMBER THREE: DON'T ASK ME NO QUESTIONS
ahh i'm getting nostalgic over here. again, the guitars are so great (and yes i got a thing for guitars). we also got another solo. i don't love it as much as the other two, but it's fairly nice as well! i'd give it a 8/10

NUMBER FOUR: WORKIN' FOR MCA
hmh. some of the singing is oddly silent. i don't get it. checked the original version and it's the same there. that's kind of putting me off. i'm also not a big fan of the melody of this one. sorry Lynyrd, this is a 3/10...

STAY TUNED FOR THE LAST FOUR, FOLLOWING IN A FEW HOURS :D
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.
Feel free to PM me for any reasons, my in box is always open for everyone C:

If you ever see me running, follow me!
Either the zombies are attacking or there's chocolate around.
Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:51 pm

@skeleton,
welcome to the group!!!
i actually havent really listened to mcr. ive been really meaning to, because ive heard simply amazing things about them. ive read some of their lyrics, since im a very lyric oriented person, and they're really good.
i very much enjoyed the cancer cover that twenty one pilots did, so i really wanna spend some time listening to mcr.
AND I 100% AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT HALLELUJAH!!
im a huge panic! fan, but for some reason, idk, i just never really liked it. i love the whole DOAB album, but for some reason i never clicked with hallelujah.

@alex darke
im excited for the rest of the review!! i really like how you formatted it!!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 am

hey guys!!
i have some news:
im adding a new section to the reviews!!
the concert section!
so feel free to review how a band plays live!!

also, question for you all! have you seen anyone live?

i have seen jack white, courtney barnett, and social distortion. in march im seeing panic!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skeleton, » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 am

@realjoshdun;
unfortunately i haven't been to many concerts.
i saw train live, and in april i'm seeing panic! at the disco.
skeleton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dark.Leaf » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:56 am

favorite artist, and why; I have 2: Ariana Grande, I've been a fan of her for years and I honestly just love all of her music, she's an amazing singer and all of her songs sound amazing. And Lin-Manuel Miranda, I don't even feel like I need a reason.
favorite song, and why; honestly don't have one,, refer to my favorite artists and it's practicly any song by them. Apart from some of Ariana's, some of them feel kinda... Typical, like every other song on the radio.
favorite lyric, and why; I seriously have no idea.
favorite album, and why; ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
favorite genre; Electro swing & most things from musicals, although the genres really do vary within them.
favorite music news source [if any]; ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
least favorite artist, and why; It would honestly be Jacob Sartourious (Is that how you spell it?) but I don't want to be annoying by going on about that. But other than that, Shawn Mendes annoys me, and I don't know why.
least favorite song, and why; -I don't have one-
favorite music servicewHAT'S THAT
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);CDs
Bye bye! LEAVING GIVEAWAY: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3461029
Dark.Leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 am

@dark.leaf
welcome to the club!!!!
i really want to see/listen to Hamilton. also, i saw lin on SNL, and it was amazing. he's one of my favorite social figures, idk how to categorize him hahaha.
i too, highly dislike jacob, and shawn. it's always nice to find commn ground haha.
btw, music service is like Spotify, youtube, or soundcloud!!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fjhhjjhgkkh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 am

hi!
    favorite artist, and why; have quite a few, but my favourites right now are The 1975 and Hozier. I love Hozier because everything he releases is a damn masterpiece. I love the stories he tells with his lyrics, and his songs are quite relaxing to listen to (I like to go out during the summer and draw landscapes from life, and he's who I listen to then). The 1975 I also love because of their lyrics, but I've hooked on pretty much every song I've heard from them. For me, their songs are best listened to at night, and they give that late-night city vibe.
    favorite song, and why; oh I have so many, but among them currently;
    from the 1975; girls, a change of heart, heart out, medicine, menswear, me, she's american and many more.
    lana del rey; brooklyn baby, old money, video games
    fall out boy; the music or the misery, where is your boy tonight
    hozier; work song, foreigner's god, in the woods somewhere, arsonist's lullaby
    favorite lyric, and why; i couldn't give specific favourite I'm afraid, I have too many
    favorite album, and why; currently hozier's self-titled, the 1975's ILIWYS & self titled. I love every song on Hozier's self titled for reasons mentioned above, and I love everything from The 1975.
    favorite genre; mm it kinda switches depending on my mood
    favorite music news source [if any]; -
    least favorite artist, and why; uh probably little mix? at least whenever the radio is on they stick out as one of my least favourite artists usually. I don't have anything against them, I'm just not really into that kind of pop.
    least favorite song, and why; again a little mix one, shout out to my ex, i just find it pretty annoying to hear
    favorite music service spotify, currently on premium with the three months for £0.99 offer
    favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); digital, it's easiest and cheapest for me. I'm not too concerned with owning physical copies of music.
fjhhjjhgkkh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me