music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby Palaye Royale » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:14 pm

favorite artist, and why; marilyn manson and palaye royale. i couldnt choose one :(
ive been a fan of manson for 8 years, i absolutely love his persona and sound. palaye royale is great in general, theyre a fresh take on the golden age of emo music (fob, p!atd, mcr) and i love them for it.
favorite song, and why; youre making me chose one? oh gosh right now its Ragdoll by palaye royale. great lyrics, love the way the song is set up.
favorite album, and why; hands down, mechanical animals by marilyn manson. unique sound, overall imagery for the album is amazing.
favorite genre; rock
favorite music news source [if any]; hmm... alternative press
least favorite artist, and why; dont really have one, i listen to anything. not a huge fan of country though.
least favorite song, and why; never thought about it
favorite music service i have amazon music, if its not on there, i use youtube
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);digital, cant leave the house without my earbuds

hi!! i came here because i love music a lot and would be lost without it. i enjoy so many lesser known artists and thought i could find fans of them here, or at least introduce them :)
Palaye Royale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 am

@Palaye Royale
aaa, palaye royale and marilyn manson are amazing !! i looove manson's music, and although i'm a pretty new fan to palaye royale, i love their music.
mechanical animals was a fantastic manson album, although the golden age of grotesque would have to be my favorite.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm

does anyone else get like....kinda worried (?? i guess) that they'll never hear their favourite song ever before they die? like a song out there that could be the best thing you've ever heard and u just miss out on it

bc it would take roughly 286 years to listen to all the music on apple music non-stop 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year and that's just on apple music like...so much music we could/will miss out on idk why but whenever i think about it kinda stresses me out lmao

a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:53 am

acaycia wrote:
    does anyone else get like....kinda worried (?? i guess) that they'll never hear their favourite song ever before they die? like a song out there that could be the best thing you've ever heard and u just miss out on it

bc it would take roughly 286 years to listen to all the music on apple music non-stop 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year and that's just on apple music like...so much music we could/will miss out on idk why but whenever i think about it kinda stresses me out lmao

well...i wasn't worried until i read this
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 pm

andreas. wrote:
acaycia wrote:

well...i wasn't worried until i read this

yeah, same xD

I've found a few pretty obscure bands though, if I keep that up then hopefully I find most of those songs xD
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:04 am

aa i'm super excited, i'm seeing green day live in september !! just bought the tickets.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:50 pm

hEY so my spotify.me thing works now!!

spotify.me wrote:Your Top Artist: Gorillaz
(I haven't had the chance to pirate much of their stuff yet so I listen to them on spotify q:)
Your Top Track: Green Machine - Kyuss
(Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill must be pretty damn close. I've looped both for ages, they're both damn good songs)

Here’s When You Listen
Based on your most recent 98 streams since July 23: 12:00am

Here’s How You Listen
Let’s break it down.

Energy
Tempo
Valence
82% of your tracks are energetic

Pump up the volume
Ulcer Breakout - Butthole Surfers
Cigaro - System Of A Down (not actually a song i listen to much anymore)
Ty Cobb - Soundgarden

Your top genre is Alternative Metal which appears in 50% of your top artists.
Alternative Metal - 50% (wow top genre amirite)
Alternative Rock - 50% qotsa, mother love bone, butthole surfers?
Classic Rock - 50% uhhh i have some old stuff, sure
Funk Rock - 50% eyy peppers!
Grunge - 50% hA in come the pearl jams
Hard Rock - 50% wait no butthole surfers go here more than alt rock

You’re all over the place. In the good way.

One of the new streaming habits we're measuring is listeners' music Diversity. As one component of Diversity, we study genre. Did you know there are over 1,500 genres available on Spotify? Your top artists span across 50% genres. (jesus. that's... a lot. 'specially for someone who doesn't like to think in genres.) We might call users like you Eclectics—bouncing around from genre to genre, open to hearing anything. Or, well, mostly everything. Not a lot of new pop makes it into my ears... Must be all my synthpop I have saved. Devo's pretty cool lmao

YOU ARE HIGH ENERGY! We can’t seem to find any chill music in your recent streaming history. What’s it like living life at a 10? (ey, how about the entire damn Skyrim soundtrack I have saved? Or Tremor Christ? I heckin love Tremor Christ and On Melancholy Hill man)

Damn, you have a lot of energy. Based on your listening, we'd guess you use music to soundtrack your workout and party moments. (I do neither. Hate parties and I'm a lazy turd. I soundtrack... well, this... and my art. My massive playlist is literally called "art")

Well, that went ok, I guess. Seems to like 50%,
seems kinda suspicious but, like I said, I have the entire Skyrim soundtrack, Boney M, Michael Jackson, Devo, Nine Inch Nails and more saved on here so it's not that surprising xD
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palaye Royale » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:39 pm

smoke rings. wrote:@Palaye Royale
aaa, palaye royale and marilyn manson are amazing !! i looove manson's music, and although i'm a pretty new fan to palaye royale, i love their music.
mechanical animals was a fantastic manson album, although the golden age of grotesque would have to be my favorite.

oh gosh another palaye fan. i love them so much im glad i found someone else who does.
i get to see them for the second time early september im super excited

golden age was super good too, up there on my favorites list. im still waiting for his new album, hes taking forever :((

i also just bought tickets to see hollywood undead. finally get to see them after being a fan for like 5 years lmao
Palaye Royale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 am

I haven't actually seen any bands live that weren't at tiny local events but there's a new venue being built that bands are actually coming to so hopefully we get some bands I like up here soon...?
Slaves, maybe. That would be awesome. They're from London so they seem the most likely. Sabaton went to Aberdeen once as well so there's a chance I guess lmao
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fatdog700 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:31 pm

I went to Carolina Rebellion in May and it rocked. So many great bands (Three Days Grace, The Offspring, Skillet, Korn) and interesting people. My favorite bands their were The Offspring and Soundgarden (R.I.P Chris Cornell). I can't wait to go next year.
fatdog700

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me