music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby horchata » Fri May 19, 2017 1:11 am

Superunknown wrote:
This doesn't feel real. I've found four different sites, FOUR, that said the same thing. This can't be real. Can't be...
2016 didn't affect me much at all, but 2017's come round to bite me in the ass. Thanks, man, I'm almost crying and my hands are shaking. s:

I mean, it was inevitable, as it is for everyone, but why now?

my dad had this weird feeling he might be a celeb death this year i can't believe it actually happened

been listening to black hole sun on repeat for a bit. so sad he died so young. best wishes to his family :(
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Fri May 19, 2017 3:52 am

acaycia wrote:
Superunknown wrote:
This doesn't feel real. I've found four different sites, FOUR, that said the same thing. This can't be real. Can't be...
2016 didn't affect me much at all, but 2017's come round to bite me in the ass. Thanks, man, I'm almost crying and my hands are shaking. s:

my dad had this weird feeling he might be a celeb death this year i can't believe it actually happened

been listening to black hole sun on repeat for a bit. so sad he died so young. best wishes to his family :(

Yeah... What makes it worse is that I've seen like 3 sites that say his death's being investigated as suicide because of things found at the scene, but they don't know for sure till the doctors find out how he died. Cruel thing to think about, but I always thought he'd be the last big grunge singer to go. Eddie Vedder drinks entire bottles of wine at Pearl Jam concerts and has smoked for years people say PJ's basically dad rock/a nostalgia act now, and Chris just had so much life left in him. I listened to Telephantasm when I was walking my dogs, it's got all the sort of high points for Soundgarden (sales-wise - I think 4th Of July is one of their best and it wasn't a single), I almost broke down during Fell On Black Days but I kept going. I won't be listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven for a long while, it might just be too much for me :c
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Fri May 19, 2017 6:24 am

Superunknown wrote:
acaycia wrote:
Superunknown wrote:

Yeah... What makes it worse is that I've seen like 3 sites that say his death's being investigated as suicide because of things found at the scene, but they don't know for sure till the doctors find out how he died. Cruel thing to think about, but I always thought he'd be the last big grunge singer to go. Eddie Vedder drinks entire bottles of wine at Pearl Jam concerts and has smoked for years people say PJ's basically dad rock/a nostalgia act now, and Chris just had so much life left in him. I listened to Telephantasm when I was walking my dogs, it's got all the sort of high points for Soundgarden (sales-wise - I think 4th Of July is one of their best and it wasn't a single), I almost broke down during Fell On Black Days but I kept going. I won't be listening to Say Hello 2 Heaven for a long while, it might just be too much for me :c

This morning my dad texted me and my mom "sad music day" with no elaboration. My mother knew immediately that some star must've died. And since both local rock stations and Sirius XM were all playing Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, or Chris Cornell (solo work).......we kind of knew who it was that died. And the tone of their voices, combined with a morbid and dark choice in words, what the cause of death was. Now, I've never been a HUGE fan, more of a casual fan who greatly respected what he did for the world of music. Everyone reacts differently to tragedies. So, for me since I didn't know him personally, it's less of a sadness to me. It's more just....shock. Like, "He's Chris Cornell, he's not dead, he can't be dead" kind of shock.
    I'm still shocked. I will be for weeks or months.

And yet, in another aspect, the songs he's written....kind of explain the cause of death and make it less of a serious shock. I mean.....Fell On Black Days? Black Hole Sun? The Day I Tried to Live? Like a Stone? Or the fact that the last song he ever sang was Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying"? I think that was his way of saying goodbye. Guess the fate of all grunge stars is to die a tragic death. Because, if you think about it, there are those five big grunge bands ; Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. Yes, I listed them in death order. There's something eerily similar about all their deaths. I think everyone can figure out what it is.

Like a particular radio DJ stated ; let's remember not the darkness of how he died, no, let's remember the light he brought when he lived. He was a gifted and very talented musician, songwriter, and singer. He touched the hearts of millions and millions of people.
    Rest in peace, Chris Cornell.

(On a side note : should I look into a music journalism as a career option? This ended up more of an essay than anything.)
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xbjzcnzxb » Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 pm

I really enjoy Glass Animals.
xbjzcnzxb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xbjzcnzxb » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

I really enjoy Glass Animals.
xbjzcnzxb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Diamondshine101 wrote:
Superunknown wrote:

This morning my dad texted me and my mom "sad music day" with no elaboration. My mother knew immediately that some star must've died. And since both local rock stations and Sirius XM were all playing Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, or Chris Cornell (solo work).......we kind of knew who it was that died. And the tone of their voices, combined with a morbid and dark choice in words, what the cause of death was. Now, I've never been a HUGE fan, more of a casual fan who greatly respected what he did for the world of music. Everyone reacts differently to tragedies. So, for me since I didn't know him personally, it's less of a sadness to me. It's more just....shock. Like, "He's Chris Cornell, he's not dead, he can't be dead" kind of shock.
    I'm still shocked. I will be for weeks or months.

And yet, in another aspect, the songs he's written....kind of explain the cause of death and make it less of a serious shock. I mean.....Fell On Black Days? Black Hole Sun? The Day I Tried to Live? Like a Stone? Or the fact that the last song he ever sang was Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying"? I think that was his way of saying goodbye. Guess the fate of all grunge stars is to die a tragic death. Because, if you think about it, there are those five big grunge bands ; Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. Yes, I listed them in death order. There's something eerily similar about all their deaths. I think everyone can figure out what it is.

Like a particular radio DJ stated ; let's remember not the darkness of how he died, no, let's remember the light he brought when he lived. He was a gifted and very talented musician, songwriter, and singer. He touched the hearts of millions and millions of people.
    Rest in peace, Chris Cornell.

(On a side note : should I look into a music journalism as a career option? This ended up more of an essay than anything.)

the thing about depression is no matter how much money/fame/etc you have, for a lot of people it just won't go away. i read this comment that was something along the lines of, when you're as big a star as chris cornell, you aren't really your own person, part of your soul is owned by the public/audience etc. and i feel like that was a bit of a pushing point for him maybe??
    like i can't imagine how difficult it would be living your entire life in the public eye pretty much, and who knows what else was going on for him

i too was like a really casual fan of soundgarden but my dad listened to him often and it's still crazy he's gone? after eddie vedder it'll basically be the end of an era and that is going to suck. i feel like he's going to be around for a long time (please anyway) bc despite the drinking habits he seems to have his head screwed on (definitely compared to his contemporaries) and his band had a different vibe to it than other grunge like... more relaxed i guess? so i think he'll live for quite a while longer

but yeah. very sad to hear about chris cornell, even sadder to hear about how he went.

(and you should definitely become a music journo)
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chococatto » Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 pm

[size=95]favorite artist, and why; P!ATD, Seafret, Glass animals, and TOP
favorite song, and why; I really don't have a favorite
favorite album, and why; Vessel by Top, Tell me it's real by Seafret, Death of a Bachelor by Panic! at the disco.
favorite genre; I'd have to say alternative?
favorite music news source [if any];answer here
least favorite artist, and why;Justin Bieber, his music is overrated and his voice annoys me a little bit.
least favorite song, and why; I'd have to say sorry by Justin Bieber, I just.. it annoys me to death.
favorite music serviceSpotify :3
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);Don't really know/size]

Has anyone heard of Seafret? I really love their music it makes me kinda emotional.
Image Image Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI THERE!
I'm Ireland, an artist and a fan of many horror games/movies
Feel free to chat me up if you feel like it <33
Chococatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun May 21, 2017 3:16 pm

sorry i haven't been on lately.

my dad texted me the other day saying
just "chris cornell is gone."

i didn't know what to think, i was just
confused.

and then it hit me.

i haven't been listening to anything
but soundgarden and audioslave
these past few days.. im truly in
shock, and also because of the
cause of death.

i'll respond to other posts regarding
things besides chris in about an hour.

sorry.

much love to all
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Uh, so my family's getting chickens next month... should I name mine Cornell?

But if anyone here needs anything to lift their spirits, people on tumblr (yes, I know) are digging up loads of cool photos and funny things that Chris has done and it's helping me a lot, it doesn't hurt as bad anymore. Still feel like crap but at least I have something to make me laugh. I have a sta.sh full of stuff I found here if anyone wants to see!
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Tue May 23, 2017 1:19 am

favorite artist, and why; either mindless self indulgence or frank iero.
favorite song, and why; either welcome to paradise or jaded, both by green day.
favorite album, and why; if by mindless self indulgence, it's got so many good songs.
favorite genre; punk, but i like a lot of alternative.
favorite music news source [if any]; i look to kerrang magazine sometimes but i usually don't care for music news sources.
least favorite artist, and why; none.
least favorite song, and why; uptown funk by bruno mars, that song drives me insane.
favorite music service; spotify.
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); digital.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me