music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby ativanblues » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:52 am

that's gay wrote:
      hey y'all should really check out the brobecks or idkhbtfm because they're both super underrated and deserve so much love because the singer has such a nice voice and all their songs are such bops, i love 'em. solo work of dallon, the bassist of panic! at the disco started both these bands and sings in them so if you like p!atd you'll probably love the brobecks

i've been meaning to listen to them for literally 3 years and i keep putting it off for some reason? does anyone mind linking me some of their songs to start out with? it would be rly nice
i also need to check out idkhbtfm because i've been putting that off as well yikkes
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

insincerely wrote:
that's gay wrote:
      hey y'all should really check out the brobecks or idkhbtfm because they're both super underrated and deserve so much love because the singer has such a nice voice and all their songs are such bops, i love 'em. solo work of dallon, the bassist of panic! at the disco started both these bands and sings in them so if you like p!atd you'll probably love the brobecks

i've been meaning to listen to them for literally 3 years and i keep putting it off for some reason? does anyone mind linking me some of their songs to start out with? it would be rly nice
i also need to check out idkhbtfm because i've been putting that off as well yikkes

lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

favorite artist? why?:
    I love so many different genres of music but my favourite artists have to be
    Camila Cabello and 5H! I've been here for them since 2015.

i also loev Declan Mckenna, Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish
    and the 1975, hippocampus, the temper trap

all-time favorite song? why?:
    I don't have an all time favourite it's more like a list of songs i will never get sick
    of listening to that just accumulates over time
    somebody else - The 1975
    don't dream its over - crowded house
    i write sins not tragedies - patd
    make me your queen - declan mckenna
    way it goes - hippocampus
    miss movin' on - fifth harmony
    we are young - fun

least favorite artist? why?:
    i don't have a least favourite artist per se because i think music takes a lot of effort
    and every artist has a good song here and there but i don't particularly like electronic
    dance music or heavily electronic based pop it's one of the genres that I don't really like
    to listen to, my favourite genre on the other hand would be indie/alternative

current favorite song? why?:
    sweet disposition by the temper trap
    i love it so much it makes me feel really calm and at peace

favorite album?:
    there are so many great albums that i love
    what do you think about the car - declan mckenna
    the year - tim myers
    melodrama - lorde
    conditions - the temper trap

favorite music news source?:
    i get all my news from tumblr and sometimes billboard
    but mostly tumblr

favorite music platform?:
    i guess itunes and spotify?

who have you seen live?:
    no one because i don't have any money and i've
    never really had the chance to

for someone who is really terrible when it comes to music i have so much things to say
    about the music i like omg
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salvation » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm

favorite artist? why?: I don’t have a ‘favourite’ but I have artists that I love to listen to.
I love :
• Halsey (more of her older music)
• Billie Eilish
• Daughter
• Florence and the machine
• Gabrielle Aplin
• James young
• Petit biscuit

Then just songs I like or artists I listen to sometimes :

• Panic! at the Disco
• Twenty one pilots
• Blackbear
• Lorde
• Breakfast at Tiffany’s - Deep blue somethings
• No scrubs - TlC
• Push - Foglake
• Phlux - Nym

all-time favorite song? why?: Youth by daughter. I most enjoy playing the song on guitar
least favorite artist? why?: I appreciate every artists in their own way so I would say I don’t have a ‘least favourite’ artist. There are some that I prefer to others but in general I would say anything that’s very pop.
current favorite song? why?: Don’t really have one I tend to fluctuate between the artists and songs I have listed
favorite album?[/b]: Badlands - Halsey
favorite music news source?: Don’t really have one I tend to just follow the artists I’ve listed. Probably just through social media
favorite music platform?: ITunes or Spotify
who have you seen live?: No one. Problems in the UK also I don’t like crowds I have severe claustrophobia
salvation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:27 am

favorite artist? why?: I don't really have a favorite artist, I do go by how well i apply with the lyrics. So i'd have to say either All Time Low or My Chemical Romance. I don't have a specific favorite, I just really love music.
    all-time favorite song? why?: oh good lord- mmm right now it'd probably have to be Therapy - All Time Low or Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day I really love the way All Time Low uses 'Love yourself so no one has to' because it shows that you don't have to have others loving you, or others validation at that, to be really freakin' awesome. For Wake Me Up When September Ends the song is just beautiful, from the very recognizable opening guitar riff, to the way Billie Joe sings, to the meaning of the lyrics; my father is, and was, never really around when I was younger, so I understand the pain of growing up without a dad.
    least favorite artist? why?: Mmm I don't really have a least favorite. But Justin Bieber is way up there, I dislike his personality. I also really dislike country- oops.
    current favorite song? why?: Probably I Don't Feel Quite Right - Palaye Royale. I love the way Remington (the singer)'s voice mixes with lyrics so well. I love the guitar and just everything in general about this song.
    favorite album?: Good lord this is a hard choice. Probably the Put Up or Shut Up EP by All Time Low or Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance. PUOSU has many songs that mean a lot to Alex (the singer), such as Jasey Rae or Lullabies. And Three Cheers is just so ansty it makes it impossible not to rock out or get pumped up while listening. Three Cheers has, by far, a lot of my favorite guitar pieces.
    favorite music news source?: I'm really basic- I really like Alternative Press Magazine or Rock Sound.
    favorite music platform?: Definitely Spotify. It's been the one thing i'm sure about while filling this form out.
    who have you seen live?: I've seen Incubus (didn't really like them oops-) and Fall Out Boy as main acts. As for opening acts i've seen Black Bear, Jaden Smith, Jimmy Eat World, and Judah & the Lion.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:22 pm

welcome everyone!!

@bananasocks omgg hippo campus & declan mckenna are so good
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:06 am

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:
    favorite artist? why?: I don't really have a favorite artist, I do go by how well i apply with the lyrics. So i'd have to say either All Time Low or My Chemical Romance. I don't have a specific favorite, I just really love music.
    all-time favorite song? why?: oh good lord- mmm right now it'd probably have to be Therapy - All Time Low or Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day I really love the way All Time Low uses 'Love yourself so no one has to' because it shows that you don't have to have others loving you, or others validation at that, to be really freakin' awesome. For Wake Me Up When September Ends the song is just beautiful, from the very recognizable opening guitar riff, to the way Billie Joe sings, to the meaning of the lyrics; my father is, and was, never really around when I was younger, so I understand the pain of growing up without a dad.
    least favorite artist? why?: Mmm I don't really have a least favorite. But Justin Bieber is way up there, I dislike his personality. I also really dislike country- oops.
    current favorite song? why?: Probably I Don't Feel Quite Right - Palaye Royale. I love the way Remington (the singer)'s voice mixes with lyrics so well. I love the guitar and just everything in general about this song.
    favorite album?: Good lord this is a hard choice. Probably the Put Up or Shut Up EP by All Time Low or Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance. PUOSU has many songs that mean a lot to Alex (the singer), such as Jasey Rae or Lullabies. And Three Cheers is just so ansty it makes it impossible not to rock out or get pumped up while listening. Three Cheers has, by far, a lot of my favorite guitar pieces.
    favorite music news source?: I'm really basic- I really like Alternative Press Magazine or Rock Sound.
    favorite music platform?: Definitely Spotify. It's been the one thing i'm sure about while filling this form out.
    who have you seen live?: I've seen Incubus (didn't really like them oops-) and Fall Out Boy as main acts. As for opening acts i've seen Black Bear, Jaden Smith, Jimmy Eat World, and Judah & the Lion.

Another Palaye Royale fan! :3 Awesome! I've been totally obsessed with Palaye Royale for at least a few weeks now. My favorite song from them is probably Morning Light, but there isn't a single bad song from them.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:18 am

hippo campus is sO good but i’ve only listened to a little bit of their music
@ anyone who’s big on them - what are some good songs to start with?

also !!
@ salvation, blackbear is one of my favorite artists of all time !!
if anyone here is interested in him i can make a list of songs
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 am

im looking to get into other bands and artists. I really enjoy fall out boy, my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, pierce the veil, palaye royale, green day, all time low, bring me the horizon (new stuff) so if you could send over band suggestions (and song lists to start out) that would be wonderful c:
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:01 am

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:
    im looking to get into other bands and artists. I really enjoy fall out boy, my chemical romance, panic! at the disco, pierce the veil, palaye royale, green day, all time low, bring me the horizon (new stuff) so if you could send over band suggestions (and song lists to start out) that would be wonderful c:

id look into the solo work of artists ! like i love the solo work of frank iero from mcr. try no shows and maya the psychic by gerard way, or all i want is nothing and joyriding by frnkiero andthe cellabration. the brobecks is dallon from panic!'s solo work, so i'd try love at first sight. patrick stump's solo work isn't really for me but you could try that out as well. just giving out starting songs, but i think you could really get into these artists ! dunno if you like bvb but andy biersack/black has really good solo work, i'd trick ribcage, put the gun down, or we don't have to dance.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me