music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: What is this song called?

Postby MunchiiMoon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:06 pm

deku! wrote:
Geowlett wrote:I need some help, there is a song i like but i cant remember the name or lyrics but i do remember the video. Its about two girls in love that commit crimes together. One gets shot by the police in the end and the other blows em all up. Please help me!

you're thinking of addicted to you by avicii, i believe!!

Ah yes thank you sooo much! Sorry this was off topic i just didnt know where to post my question
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby snakeman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm

'scuse me while i dip back into a wellwater conspiracy addiction

I recently listened to their second album and I almost like it better than the first one...? At first I was like "why do they have Josh Homme singing on three songs" but then I listened to them and they're all great and they sound nothing like QOTSA either, instrumentally they do sound similar to the first album except maybe with a better recording quality. Declaration Of Conformity sounds like it was recorded on a carrot, but I still love it <3

Ladder To The Moon is such a nice chill song, I linked it in my song box in my sig
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palaye Royale » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 am

i saw palaye royale and chase atlantic a few nights ago, (i didnt stay for sleeping with sirens lol WHOOPS) but chase atlantic was absolutely AMAZING live. their studio stuff is good, dont get me wrong, but damn they go hard live, lead singer sounds amazing, great guitarist and everything.
of course palaye was amazing, my second time seeing/meeting them and i got to go to their VIP and talk to them. very sweet people, i miss them already </3
Palaye Royale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:10 pm

hey guys (it's me acaycia changed my user again sorry)

has anybody else listened to the new killers album yet?? idk how to feel about it rn but it'll probably be an acquired taste or something (like battleborn tho idk if i'm the biggest fan still); i really hoped they'd kinda sound day & age-ish again but i mean whatever direction they want to head in is cool - also woooow it is so long basically every song is 4 mins lmao. my fave song is probably 'the man' (which is the single they released but oHwell) or 'have all the songs been written?' though i wonder if they're lowkey trying to say it's their last album??
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm

favorite artist? why?: fall out boy!! they've been a huge part of my life ever since i was a little kid and pete wentz means the world to me. his lyrics have gotten me through some really tough times and how he overcame his past is a huge inspiration. plus i love the pop punk sound of they're older albums. their first studio album, take this to your grave, has a fun skate punk vibe to it and i love it.
all-time favorite song? why?: favorite song? god, there's a lot! but my overall favorite has gotta be snitches and talkers get stitches and walkers by fall out boy. there's the harder rock sound to it that you wouldnt expect from the little band fall out boy that throws you off guard, and i love that.
least favorite artist? why?: god, i think i gotta go with xxxtentacion?? he just bothers me for some reason, a reason thats not exactly clear to me.
current favorite song? why?: the song i've been digging lately is love of mine by awake. there's just something about the gloomy melancholy feel to it that is oddly therapeutic to me.
favorite album?: of all time?? from under the cork tree by fall out boy. but i also adore digital druglord by blackbear and the self titled blink-182 album. i like origin of symmetry by muse, x infinity by watsky, and hesitant alien by gerard way is exceptional in my opinion.
favorite music news source?: i guess i don't really know?? i try to look at most of them and also some youtubers that review new singles and such.
favorite music platform?: spotify!
who have you seen live?: i've seen panic at the disco!! and i'm going to see fall out boy on their upcoming mania tour with blackbear!! i'm really excited
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orion. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:47 am

So there's this indie band I've liked for quite some time now; since sometime last year.
They just recently (and by recently i mean like a couple of weeks ago) dropped their debut album.
Now here's the exciting part: they are going on a world tour.
It just seem so insane, I feel like i just recently listened to them and
felt like I'd never get to see them live because they were such a small
band; they'd never travel all the way from Canada to Europe. But I was
wrong! there's something very beautiful in watching a band growing
Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
Image Image Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━│ ᴍʏ ғʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ │━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
orion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wattson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:44 pm

hey guys!! sorry i havent posted anything, its like i fell of the face of the earth when in reality ive been managing two fan accounts and writing three fanfics on wattpad (i know, im a huge nerd). anyways, if you ever need anyone to talk to you can always hmu on twitter (PuppyCalPal), instagram (bxbylrh or idiotori), or wattpad (idiotori)

my dm's on any of these social medias are open any day!! i can talk to you about anything, music, youtube, or personal things if you need it C:
wattson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gilibird » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm

favorite artist? why?: Brittain Ashford! Her voice is really soothing and helps me focus on homework. Her music is just great in general, and that comes from a person who doesn't like slow music (which her's is).
all-time favorite song? why?: Ah don't make me choose.. This isn't from Brittain but it's probably Im Breaking Down from Falsettos. Stephanie J Block never fails to amaze me.
least favorite artist? why?: Ah idk?? Nobody likes Justin Bieber. We'll go with him.
current favorite song? why?: Head in the Clouds by For you the Moon. I've been looking into Cathryn Wake's (the person in my signnature actually) music for a while and I'm so glad I did. It's really upbeat and gets me all pumped up and ready to do things ha
favorite album?: Make me Breakfast by Grace Mclean!!
favorite music news source?: Probably instagram, if that counts. Idk I can keep up with everything by just going on there.
favorite music platform?: Spotify oh yeah
who have you seen live?: No one sadly, but Brittain Ashford might go on tour soon so wish me luck getting tickets lol. Unless you count broadway.

I know my music taste is weird sorry
gilibird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jisung » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm

favorite artist, and why; it's too hard to just list one so i'll list a few of my favorites? :
    • BTS: (k-pop/hip-hop) they have written incredibly personal songs which resonate with me and others who deal with stress & anxiety due to society's pressures, they are insanely hard working and it shows in their performances, they are invariably uplifting, you will never see them be disrespectful to anyone, they have some amazing vocalists and probably some of the best rappers I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and the songs they create really vary genre-wise
    • DAY6: (alt-rock) vocals vocals vocals. five members in the band, all extremely talented and close. two guitarists, one bassist, one keyboardist, and a drummer. 4 out of the 5 have heavenly voices and ranges to match and the 5th is a very shy innocent snowflake and he still has great pitch. the music they produce is gorgeous and sticks in your head for hours without ever getting annoying and their vocal harmonies could be a religion.
    • John Williams: (classical) he's a genius, to be honest. Name an iconic soundtrack, chances are it's John Williams. Jaws, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park. His soundtracks in Harry Potter were probably my favorite.
    • a few others: Big Sean, Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino, Son Lux, Krizz Kaliko, Okasian, KOHH, NCT
    favorite song, and why; right now it's probably mama by j-hope, it has a very nostalgic vibe, and the lyrics are incredibly earnest and touching. It's a song written by a son for his mother, thanking her and apologizing for not noticing all she gave up in order for him to succeed and that he will always be there for her now.
    favorite album, and why; the wings album by bts, agust d by agust d, sunrise by day6, they're all very different but i really enjoy a majority of the songs on each of the albums
    favorite genre; hip-hop/rap, classical, alt rock, neo-soul, punk rock, k-pop, heavy metal, jazz, anything really, if I like it, it doesn't matter what genre it is
    favorite music news source [if any]; don't really have one in particular
    least favorite artist, and why; i try not to dwell on things I dislike, but justin bieber feels like a safe answer
    least favorite song, and why; I'm not sure I have one
    favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); a majority of the time I listen to things digitally, but I also purchase physical albums so both are pretty great
jisung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lochtr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am

I have a weirdly diverse music taste so it's always hard to answer people when they ask me what kind of music I listen to. Anyone else?
Lochtr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me