music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:55 am

Warning :: Long Post Ahead

favorite artist? why?: Queens of the Stone Age. They're like, all my favorite genres mixed into one package. I haven't met a song I don't like from them.
    all-time favorite song? why?: My music tastes have morphed so much over the years that I really couldn't tell at this point.
    least favorite artist? why?: Smashing Pumpkins. There's just something about Billy Corgan's voice I'm not crazy about.
    current favorite song? why?: Feet Don't Fail Me by Queens of the Stone Age. It's probably the grooviest song ever written. You can never decide whether to dance to it or head bang to it.
    favorite album?: Used to be Songs for the Deaf (by Queens of the Stone Age). Now it's totally Villains (also by Queens of the Stone Age).
    favorite music news source?: Online? Loudwire. Offline? Whenever there's free Sirius XM radio, the 'Breakdown' segment on Octane is the best. ("Deftones said they're working on a new album, but Tool said that too and we all know how that turned out." (11 years without new Tool music))
    favorite music platform?: I like listening straight from the CD ; no ads that way.
    who have you seen live?: A lot of bands. Almost too many to list. The ones listed together were same concert. The ones seperated by a line are multi-day festivals.
    • Seether
    • Five Finger Death Punch
    • Trivium
    • Black Stone Cherry
    • Korn

• VAMPS (little did I know that I'd eventually develop a major crush on the lead singer and want to see them again)
    • In This Moment
    • The Pretty Reckless
    • Breaking Benjamin
    • Papa Roach (one of the best live bands ever)
    • Godsmack
    • Slipknot

• Islander
    • Like a Storm
    • 10 Years (hopefully I'll see them again this year)
    • Nonpoint
    • Hellyeah
    • P.O.D.
    • Saint Asonia (almost front row view, spectacular pictures snapped by my mother of Adam Gontier (lead singer) climbing the lighting scaffold)
    • Issues
    • Ghost
    • Sevendust
    • Anthrax
    • Megadeth
    • Lamb of God
    • A Day to Remember
    • Five Finger Death Punch (again)
      --------------------------------------------------------
    • Apocalypse Blues Revue
    • Red Sun Rising
    • Trivium (again, was about 10 feet away from humongous mosh pit)
    • Asking Alexandria (THEY WERE LOUD)
    • Pop Evil (will hopefully see them again this year too)
    • Bullet for my Valentine
    • Pennywise
    • Sixx A.M.
    • 3 Doors Down
    • Bring Me The Horizon (another one of the best live bands)
    • Shinedown
    • Disturbed (have 4 pro-shot pictures of me and my father with the band, plus phone pictures courtesy of one of my favorite radio DJs)

• Of Mice & Men (with Austin still in the band)
    • Marilyn Manson (got one of the souvenir dollar bills he tossed into the crowd courtesy of fellow fan)
    • Slipknot (again, this time he was wearing that neck brace)

• Silver Snakes
    • Motionless in White (this concert the lead singer coined the term bang-over, meaning sore neck caused by headbanging)
    • Breaking Benjamin (again)
    • Korn (again, but this time they didn't play got the life because the singer talked too much)

• By His Stripes (not sure if they even have a record deal, but they're so good ; got a pick, talked to them backstage thanks to VIP tickets)
    • Nine Mile Drive (while their lead singer was healthy....and alive)
    • Devour the Day (got a pick, front row view, almost got kicked in head by crowd-surfing lead singer)
    • Sick Puppies (got a pick, front row view)

• Cilver (got most of their autographs and pictures)
    • Adelitas Way (only saw half the set due to some dumb construction worker hitting a gas line a few blocks away and causing a fire that threatened to blow toward the venue ; got pictures, half a broken drumstick, a pick, and talked with the bassist for 5 or 10 minutes before being forced to evacuate as a precaution)

• Cover Your Tracks (caught only tail end of the set)
    • Beartooth
    • Nothing More
    • Motionless in White (again)
    • Of Mice & Men (again, this time with Aaron on vocals ; he totally choked on his hair in the middle of the set)
    • In This Moment (again)
    • Three Days Grace (my mother neglected to tell me that MATT IS HOT...sorry, single-pringle-ness showing ; got autographs)
    • Alter Bridge (Myles is kinda hot too ; got autographs from them too)
    • Seether (to quote lead singer Shaun Morgan after a false start to the new single ; "We are suddenly in the market for a guitar tech. Must enjoy long walks on the beach." -- I forget the rest, but the guitar tech walked back out with the correct guitar totally red-faced)
    • Papa Roach (again, they were still amazing ; the rest of the bands went on early and stopped early......Papa Roach stole the extra time)
    • Chevelle
      ---------------------------------------------------------
    • Starset (one of the highlights of the concert)
    • All That Remains (they were late to start and did not play late to make up for it)
    • Eagles of Death Metal
    • In Flames (they were amusing)
    • The Pretty Reckless (again, they were better in 2015 though)
    • Highly Suspect
    • Mastodon
    • The Offspring
    • A Perfect Circle (Maynard sounds even better live than he does on the studio recordings)
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 am

just wanted to pop in and say that i got a new username!
ive changed from realjoshdun to laura palmer.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yves » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am

i filled the questions in already, but considering there's a new one, i figured i could answer it.

i've actually only been to two concerts in total ( technically speaking, it's three if you count when i was in universal studios and saw a band live ). my first real concert was fall out boy in october 2015 - which happened to be for my birthday. i then saw PVRIS live for the first time in may just gone and i'm actually seeing them again this november!! hopefully, if i can get tickets this time, i would have seen paramore live as of january 2018.
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Child » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:00 pm

favorite artist? why?: BTS they write And produce Alot Of there music; And Its Meaningfull Not just About sex, drugs, and acohol. On top of that they dance and rap, and their MVs Are super beatiful.
all-time favorite song? why?: TOO GOOD by Troye Sivan I just thought I'd i could listen to one song for the rest of my life what would it be. The song is well structured, and not to repetitive, and the lyrics are beautiful.
least favorite artist? why?: Too many to count I hate artists who don't put anything into there music and just sing about crap, that they probably didn't even write themselves.
current favorite song? why?: Voodoo doll by VIXX or Good Boy by GDragon x Taeyang I love Voodoo Doll because the song, and beat are good, but I love the vocals soooo much (I am the biggest sucker for vocals) I actually hated Good Boy when I first listened to it, but it really grew on me; it has a really good beat and is super danceable
favorite album?: The War by EXO or Blue Neighborhood by Troye Sivan
favorite music news source?: YouTube and Twitter
favorite music platform?: YouTube and Spotify
who have you seen live?: nobody
Night Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sneeeeek » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 am

---
Last edited by sneeeeek on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
sneeeeek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

every single time i do the sign-up sheet, i always do something that
    makes me think, hmm, why not just re-do the whole thing? so for the 18th time,
    i will be redoing this form!! yay!!
    also it's gonna be super long, so get ready:

favorite artist? why?: i have quite a few! but my top three are twenty one pilots, tyler the creator, and angelo badalamenti. i enjoy twenty one pilots because of the deep meaning behind their lyrics. tyler & josh are also wonderfully kind and supportive people. their music just means a lot to me, im not great at explaining it. tyler the creator is a favorite of mine because of his honesty, and omg flower boy is the best album ive ever heard. i also enjoy his earlier stuff, such as WOLF and GOBLIN. finally, angelo is much different than the other music i listen to. it's classical, which is not something you'd usually find me listening to, haha. angelo did the soundtrack for twin peaks and twin peaks: fire walk with me, which are possibly my two favorite things in the world. the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful, and im actually listening to it as i write, haha.

all-time favorite song? why?: from nowhere by dan croll. i just never, ever, grow tired of it! a lot of music i'll grow bored of quite quickly, but it's been three years and this one still remains my favorite!

least favorite artist? why?: taylor swift.

current favorite song? why?: judy french by white reaper, or seaweed by hockey dad. ive just been listening to the two nonstop, haha. the guitar on seaweed is absolutely mesmerizing. i love it. and judy french is also very good, even better live ;)

favorite album?: flower boy by tyler, the creator.

favorite music news source?: NME or rollingstone

favorite music platform?: vinyl records!!

who have you seen live?:
    2014 -
    jack white
    2015 -
    social distortion
    2016 -
    courtney barnett
    2017 -
    panic! at the disco
    twenty one pilots
    green day
    catfish and the bottlemen
    mgmt
    blitzen trapper
    white reaper - met!!
    bleachers
    spoon
    phony ppl
    mac demarco
    the garden
    kali uchis
    courtney barnett
    kurt vile
    jen cloher - met!!

gonna see -
    halsey
    charli xcx
Last edited by laura palmer. on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:11 pm

i'm gonna re-do mine too bc i've changed a bit!!

favorite artist? why?: all-time would have to (still) be the strokes, i've loved them since i was 3 years old?? and the very first time i googled julian casablancas he looked EXACTLY like how i'd always imagined him to look like before i bothered looking up and 10yo me was like... blown away... but other favourites are cage the elephant, vampire weekend, the jungle giants, last dinosaurs, imagine dragons, arctic monkeys, gorillaz, the wombats, system of a down, the killers (which was my #1 band for like 10 whole years before the strokes passed them and since then i've kinda really stopped listening to them? dunno why) and a new addition, hippo campus!! there are others i really enjoy but not top

all-time favorite song? why?: i don't know if i'd like... come out and say this is my favourite but according to spotify my most listened to song of allll time (over the 4 years i've used spotify) is love this by cosmo jarvis, and tbh it's a song i never skip so i'd hesitantly say that? i also love new york city cops by the strokes and hey ya! by outkast (and migraine or polarize by twenty one pilots.. never been sick of those two haha)

least favorite artist? why?: man i have no idea..i really don't like a lot of 'new' pop artists like t swift (seriously...like i could i stand her before lwymmd but ugh), ariana grande, katy perry etcc & i still don't like that whole new wave of bring me the horizon copycats just.... super repetitive

current favorite song? why?: wolves (you got me) - DREAMERS, i'm not crying. you're not crying, are you? - dear and the headlights, d-d-dance - the royal concept, best friend - foster the people & little games - the colourist are all current faves rn. no specific reason why, just super groovy

favorite album?: i have a list yo
    the strokes - room on fire (2003) first impressions of earth (2005)
    cage the elephant - melophobia (2013) tell me i'm pretty (2015)
    vampire weekend - modern vampires of the city (2015)
    last dinosaurs - in a million years (2012)
    jungle giants - learn to exist (2013)
    the killers - hot fuss (2004) day & age (2008)
    imagine dragons - smoke and mirrors deluxe (2015)
    the wombats - glitterbug (2015)
    the black keys - el camino (2011)
    arctic monkeys - favourite worst nightmare (2007)
    powderfinger - internationalist (1998) odyssey number five (2000)

favorite music news source?: NME or rolling stone mag kindaa

favorite music platform?: digital but i love owning album cover art lmao (records are just too big & expensive :()

who have you seen live?: eddie vedder of pearl jam, bernard fanning of powderinger (he was playing in the park right across from eddie vedder's venue like, before his show started??? it was wild), some dude called glen from ireland (opened for ved, later found out he was from an irish group called the frames), the hives (really cool, opened for acdc), acdc, and i swear i saw the lead guitarist for last dinosaurs (lachlan caskey) catching a bus like 2 weeks ago??? i so regret not saying anything but i'm not 100% sure it was him but i SWEAR (wouldn't be that surprising since the band isn't that well-known and he lives in my city lol) oh yeah and i saw hi-5 when i was 8 does that count
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:23 am

okay so. i went to a green day concert last night and it was insane. i've only had a few rock show experiences but green day was definitely the best experience i've had so far. everyone had so much energy on stage, and they played some of my personal favorite songs (2,000 light years away, hitchin a ride, king for a day, jesus of suburbia). bj didn't loose any of his energy throughout the show, and gave some kid his guitar towards the end of the show. anyways i'm gonna do an updated sign up.

favorite artist? why?: hmm, this changes often, but right now it'd definitely be the sex pistols or misfits. runner-ups would be mindless self indulgence, frank iero, green day, rush and marilyn manson. i love the general sound of the sex pistols, and i've loved their music since i was 9. the misfits have lyrics that amuse me and are amazingly talented. i have yet to find a song by the misfits that i don't like.
all-time favorite song? why?: ah, that's a hard one. getting into heaven can be hell by frank iero is great, it's something i can, and have, listened to hours on loop. i adore frank's voice. although i also really love the real slim shady by eminem? it's a song i've loved for quite a while.
least favorite artist? why?: taylor swift, for personal reasons.
current favorite song? why?: right now it's definitely modern day cain by IDKHBTFM. although i also love the analog kid by rush or hatebreeders by the misfits. god save the queen by sex pistols is another good one.
favorite album?: moving pictures by rush. limelight, yyz, red barchetta, and tom sawyer are all amazing songs.
favorite music news source?: none, really. kerrang is okay.
favorite music platform?: digital; spotify.
who have you seen live?: green day, panic! at the disco, blink-182, train, and slipknot.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What is this song called?

Postby MunchiiMoon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm

I need some help, there is a song i like but i cant remember the name or lyrics but i do remember the video. Its about two girls in love that commit crimes together. One gets shot by the police in the end and the other blows em all up. Please help me!
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is this song called?

Postby wittebane » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Geowlett wrote:I need some help, there is a song i like but i cant remember the name or lyrics but i do remember the video. Its about two girls in love that commit crimes together. One gets shot by the police in the end and the other blows em all up. Please help me!

you're thinking of addicted to you by avicii, i believe!!
ellie | adult | she/they/he | pisces
corn demon | adoption center Image
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me