music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 am

Superunknown wrote:
Uh, so my family's getting chickens next month... should I name mine Cornell?

But if anyone here needs anything to lift their spirits, people on tumblr (yes, I know) are digging up loads of cool photos and funny things that Chris has done and it's helping me a lot, it doesn't hurt as bad anymore. Still feel like crap but at least I have something to make me laugh. I have a sta.sh full of stuff I found here if anyone wants to see!

Yes, you should totally name your chicken Cornell. It's great that you're compiling pictures and stories of Chris Cornell in a sta.sh.

I've got something to share. If any one needs to cheer themselves up and can't handle Chris Cornell's music quite yet, look up Punk Goes Pop albums. The result is really fun. Or search up VAMPS - Diamonds.
    Which is not on Punk Goes Pop but is totally cool. Especially if you're username is Diamondshine101 on every site on the internet.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Tue May 23, 2017 9:39 am

favorite artist, and why; Two Door Cinema Club, everything about the band is amazing to me. I love their older records and their newest one and all of their EPs the same, and it's hard for me to like even one song from a band, usually. Alex's voice is so captivating and, from the videos i've watched since I don't have the opportunity to see them live, they seem really energetic and like they perform really well live. Even the three as individuals are inspiring. They started so young, too. I could say more but I think i've already said a lot.

favorite song, and why; it changed frequently but it's always a Two Door Cinema Club song. At the moment, it's a tie between Lavender and Impatience is a Virtue. Why? They both give me completely different vibes, both of which I like. Lavender makes me feel as if I am floating, it helps me to remind myself that I exist and that even if I am insignificant, I am still alive. As for Impatience is a Virtue, the instrumental of it excites me and motivates me. Plus, younger Alex's vocals are adorable.

favorite album, and why; mmm I'm gonna have to go with either a) all of TDCC's albums or b), if you want an answer that does not include them for once, Mother Mother's The Sticks album is really good too. Their sound in general is a lot more 'rough' than TDCC, but I really like them too. The Sticks has songs with a lot of lyrics that remind me of myself and make me think about the world. The Cry Forum is likely my favorite off of that album. The whole album's just got a lot of themes I like.

favorite genre; I like psychedelic genres, electropop to an extent, indie rock/alternative, and some punk rock, I guess.

favorite music news source [if any]; I don't really have a favorite news source, I'm one of those people who can't stand reading magazines or websites meant specifically for news. They all seem biased some way and I don't like that. I just want to hear what happened with the band/what they said/etc., not your opinion on the band. If I wanted opinions I would have gone to a blog site or something.

least favorite artist, and why; least favorite artist? I don't have one in particular. Just more of a hatred for certain genres. Those genres being country, rap, hip-hop, and mainstream pop. Nothing against people who like those genres, they just don't appeal to me.

least favorite song, and why; read the above note on my least favorite artist again, please. I don't have a specific least favorite song.

favorite music service Spotify, in some cases Youtube.

favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); I like all three for different reasons.
    I like records for the aesthetic, plus I just like the way the word record rolls off of my tongue. They just look really cool, I guess.
    CDs are nice too, good for display and easy to keep up with without having to go through the hassle of making accounts on various websites or services or whatever.
    As for digital, I like digital because if you just want a single song then you can buy that single song instead of the entire record.
    I also like the fact that you can sign into your accounts for music services on many different devices, so you don't have to have a record player or a laptop or your car or a stereo to listen to your music. It's there on any device and easy to access.. plus you can make playlists with all sorts of songs from many artists instead of having to take out a CD or record and put in a different one.

Did I say too much? I likely did, but that's what I do best. Music is like the only thing I enjoy anymore.
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Thu May 25, 2017 8:01 am

I've been listening to Anthony Amorim a lot more than I usually do. Depression sucks, but music and art and ukulele is one of the most efficient ways to get through all those bad thoughts efficiently... Anyway, I just figured I'd put this up as a recommendation if anyone wants new music. He's a small artist right now, but he has a YouTube channel (AnthonyAmorim) where he posts music, and other things. He has one album and two EPs. His album is called 2004, and it's so good, and as probably inferred has helped me recently.
gay pirates, vampires and predestined half dragons, anything by casey mcquiston or neil gaiman, tea, and a healthy dose of hbo max. chronically tired but caffeinated. occasional studying

they/she
psych major, gender and women's studies minor
local book and library enthusiast

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 am

Superunknown wrote:
I don't know for sure but I might get a coloured 12-inch Spoonman single for my birthday...?
I'm not entirely sure when I got tagged in the post but someone on facebook was selling a load of records and my mum's fiance I think must have tagged me and edited the comment to say he'd sent a PM to the seller, and a couple of hours later the guy said the Spoonman one was sold and nobody else had asked for it as far as I could tell. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but there is quite a bit of evidence there xD

I got it! The vinyl's clear too,
it's really cool. Got some great songs on it (Fresh Tendrils is one of my favourite Soundgarden songs)
and there's one I don't have on CD or anything at all- I have Exit Stonehenge on my deluxe Superunknown CD. I can't say the name of the other one- I'd call it a b-side but it's on the a-side... But it has a word in the name the mods would kill me for saying here xD Chris' vocals in it are unbelievable though. Shame it skipped so much when I played it earlier. Can't tell if it's scratched or not because the vinyl's clear and you can see both sides of the print at once. It got a lot of dust cleaned out of it but I haven't tried it since, I'll give it another go
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orion. » Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am

favorite artist, and why; I like many artists. And I always discover new artists and bads which I add to my "collection" of music that I like. However, if I should mention some favourites, I'd say Kråkesølv, Nightwish, Sufjan Stevens, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Coldplay.

favorite song, and why; My favourite song changes all the time - but right now it is "Drop the Guillotine" by Peach Pit (the music video version, not the one of Spotify). The song is both melodic and funky, and I absolutely love watching the lead singer sing.

favorite album, and why; I can't lie, so I have to be a normie and say "Dark Side of The Moon" by Pink Floyd. This is the first album I ever got real obsessed with, and it's probably the first album I ever heard. I love how perfectly the songs fit together - it's like each song is a chapter and the album is a book. It is still to this day the only album which I can name every song in order, lol.

favorite genre; I don't like to define my music taste by genre. I just listen to whatever I like, even though some genres I have to admit I've never really been fond of.

favorite music news source [if any]; I like Spotify's Discover Weekly, and i like to randomly click on recommended songs on YouTube, too. Have found some great stuff on both platforms.

least favorite artist, and why; I don't think I have a "least favourite" artist, but there are many artists which have never made any music that I like. Limp Bizkit, Burzum, Nickleback, Hopsin and Nicki Minaj are some examples of artists which I've never managed to like.

least favorite song, and why; I don't really have a least favourite song, but I could name my "least favourite song by an artist I like"; and that would probably be the tracks which are not live on Ummagumma album by Pink Floyd.

favorite music service Spotify
    favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); I'll take all of them, thanks! I love both records and CD, and I have an record collection and a CD collection. And then I also like to have all my music on my phone.
Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
Image Image Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━│ ᴍʏ ғʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ │━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
orion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adohi » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

favorite artist, and why; twenty one pilots. this band means so much to me. i recommend them to everyone who hasn't heard them before. i was struggling with some bad stuff a while back (won't get into any detail), and when i discovered their music, i felt so much less alone. i felt comforted and even happy. when i found them, listening to them was what helped me find that glimmer of hope for the future. i'm much better now, and still listen to their music constantly. even when i get down every now and then, i come to their music for the same purpose many other people do - to find comfort and happiness. i seriously am not able to express my love for them enough, and i'm not sure if i ever will be. it's perfectly safe to say that i have an extremely large obsession, haha.
favorite song, and why; i'm not really sure if i have a favorite song. there's so much good music in the world that it's just hard to even pick a favorite.
favorite album, and why; as sated above, i don't think that i can bring myself to pick a favorite album. i have many albums that i really enjoy listening to. some of include twenty one pilots by twenty one pilots, regional at best by twenty one pilots, vessel by twenty one pilots, blurryface by twenty one pilots, the new upcoming album that has not even been released yet by twenty one pilots, the human condition by jon bellion, wiped out! by the neighbourhood, I Love You. by the neighbourhood, saintmotelevision by saint motel, voyeur by saint motel, if you leave by daughter, hozier by hozier, and just sO MANY MORE THAT I CANNOT THINK OF TO LIST.
favorite genre; i adapt quickly to any type of music. anything from classical to heavy metal to rap. i mainly listen to alternative, indie-folk, and punk-ish sort of music.
favorite music news source [if any]; i get a lot of my music news from twitter:') also Alt Press.
least favorite artist, and why; i don't really have a least favorite artist. there is some music that i don't really enjoy listening to, but i don't think there is any music artist that i don't like.
least favorite song, and why; i don't think i have a least favorite song either. i don't like a lot of today's hits. too mainstream and too pop. i just don't enjoy the super over-played songs.
favorite music service spotify - for a wider variety and selection of music. amazon prime music - for no ads, and unlimited skips. you can also search any album and it will most likely have it
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); all. i have different platforms i enjoy listening on for different moods, if that makes any sense.
adohi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:35 pm

welcome all new members!

sorry ive been extremely busy, last weekend i went to
a music festival and saw five bands: bleachers, blitze-
n trapper, sir mixalot, mgmt, and my favorite, twent-
y one pilots. it was easily the best weekend of my lif-
e and i made tons of new cool friends!!

in a bit i'll drop a review of each concert :) oh, and n-
ew members, i'll add your users to the front page soon!
i think i might re-organize the front page, im not sure!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Has anyone else heard the new Queens of the Stone Age song, 'The Way You Used To Do'? I was one of the first few thousand on Youtube to hear it (about 17 minutes after its official release) and I've listened to it about 6 or 7 different times today.
    It's just 4 minutes and 15 seconds of groovy, rockin` goodness. I can not praise this song or this amazingly talented band enough. I also can't stop ranting that it's so far pre-Christmas that it'll be released. Hopeful that I'll get a Labor Day present this year and don't have to wait half a year to get Villains in all it's glory.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orion. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:15 am

I'm now listening through Sufjan Stevens' new collaborative album "Planetarium"
      for the second time. I will be writing a review of it later this weekend, if anybody
      in here are interested in music reviews I would love to share it with you to read.

Also; to any other Sufjan Stevens fans, what are your opinions on the new album?
      I'd love to hear what you have to say! Personally, I like it, but not to the same extent
      as I did Carrie & Lowell or any of his earlier albums. Sonically it's very much like a
      combination of Age of Adz and Carrie & Lowell.
Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
Image Image Image Image
✣ ⋆ ━━│ ᴍʏ ғʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ │━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ✣
orion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 am

favorite artist, and why; I'd probably have to go with Simon & Garfunkel. I love their harmony and just the sound of them singing together is so beautiful... (: Otherwise, I really only like songs here and there, not from specific artists generally.
favorite song, and why; It changes all of the time, but some of my favorites are "Sister Golden Hair," "Crazy," and "Bleecker Street."
favorite album, and why; I don't listen to full albums, just select songs here and there
favorite genre; Folk rock/soft rock and movie soundtracks
favorite music news source [if any]; I don't follow any
least favorite artist, and why; Drake or Adele because their voices just grate on my nerves for some reason :evil: no offense to anyone
least favorite song, and why; Anything rap and contemporary pop and country, although there are a few within those genres that I do occasionally like
favorite music service Just the radio and youtube basically
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); Basically the same... radio and youtube although vinyl is nice

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

in space no one can hear
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me