What's a game that you like - but nobody else does!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

what's a game that you like - but nobody else does

Postby inactive matin » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Nanorat wrote:The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind!
Everyone forgets about it more and more with new games coming out, but I still love it the best of all. <3

morrowind is flipping amazing, i just bought it yesterday on steam and it's so beautiful. it's definitely forgotten about these days, when i first heard of it and watched someone play it, i was too young to actually play myself. i'm glad i get to now, it's definitely one of the best games out there<3
inactive matin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What's a game that you like - but nobody else does!

Postby gemsandbones » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus.

Its largely disliked for the same reasons as OP's fave. Too different (3rd Person shooter), 50% or more of the story mode is cutscenes, follows a "secondary" character that some people didn't even get to see in their playthroughs unless they used a walkthrough guide, full of pretty needless angst. But, it has my absolute FAVORITE villains in the FFVII series, it worldbuilds spectacularly by expanding on a lot of lore that I've always been interested in knowing more about, and the environments (particularly the last areas) are gorgeous. I actually really like the shooting mechanics and I'm really good at the game. I'm planning to cosplay Weiss and Nero with one of my partners.

Another game I really liked was Spyro: A Hero's Tail. I enjoyed not having to collect all the gems and the art was really nice. Spyro purists didn't like how different it was, I guess? but it was way less buggy than Year of the Dragonfly.
he/him/his (cis male) • gay • polyamorous
pagan • over-enthusiastic Dungeon Master (5e) • artist, cosplayer, author
rat, bat, deer enthusiast/collector • goth & halloween nerd
gemsandbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemsandbones » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Nitro Indigo wrote:This is more obscure than hated, but has anyone ever heard of Klonoa? The Wiimake of Door to Phantomile's aesthetic reminds me of THE DOG Island, for some reason. Also, The Windmill Song is my jam.

I DO remember Klonoa! I got to play the first level of one of the games on one of the Playstation Magazine demo discs, and I was in love with the art style and design. I wish I had a PSone or PS2 to play it on.
gemsandbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:31 pm

1) You say A Hero's Tail... a couple of years ago, I wanted to get a PS2 and a Spyro game, and I chose Enter the Dragonfly because I thought everyone hated AHT. Oops. I sold ETD earlier on this year, then got a GameCube copy of it a month or so later because one TV Tropes page said it was better, but couldn't bring myself to play it, because haters, so I sold it a few days ago. Then I finally saw someone say positive things about Enter the Dragonfly on deviantART. Oops. I've also recently been watching a let's play of A Hero's Tail. /ramble
2) Klonoa: Door to Phantomile is on the PlayStation Store right now.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemsandbones » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Nitro Indigo wrote:1) You say A Hero's Tail... a couple of years ago, I wanted to get a PS2 and a Spyro game, and I chose Enter the Dragonfly because I thought everyone hated AHT. Oops. I sold ETD earlier on this year, then got a GameCube copy of it a month or so later because one TV Tropes page said it was better, but couldn't bring myself to play it, because haters, so I sold it a few days ago. Then I finally saw someone say positive things about Enter the Dragonfly on deviantART. Oops. I've also recently been watching a let's play of A Hero's Tail. /ramble
2) Klonoa: Door to Phantomile is on the PlayStation Store right now.

A Hero's Tail has really nice music, and the environments reminded me a lot of the ones in Ripto's Rage, which was my first and favorite Spyro game for a long time. It holds a special place of nostalgia in my heart.

I don't even have a playstation of any kind! I somehow lost track of my PS2 and games when I moved a couple years back, I think they were stolen by whoever I asked to hold onto em for me. It sucks because that means I've lost my 300hrs of FFXII, my idk how many hours of FFVII:DoC, my DDR games with nearly full unlocks, all my Spyro data, and so on, and so on. Games are replaceable, saves are not. :c
gemsandbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Damzel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:15 am

BloodRayne 1&2, I recently replayed 1 on GC and 2 on Steam and I forgot how much I loved them. I think you had to play this game back in the day to fully enjoy it along with the nostalgia otherwise it would probably just feel like a low-poly glitchfest haha
Damzel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dark.Leaf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:10 am

Nitro Indigo wrote:
Dark.Leaf wrote:Animal crossing wild world

Lots of people liked that game. And then they all moved onto New Leaf. I've recently been rediscovering my childhood on Wii U Virtual Console.

People compare ETD to Sonic '06, but since apparently it's better on GameCube it's more like Sonic Heroes to me. =/ (I had the PS2 version a few years ago, but didn't play it much, long story short. Never played either Sonic game.)

((SUPER late reply from my side))
I meant right now. I love new leaf, but I feel like the only person who still plays wild world
Bye bye! LEAVING GIVEAWAY: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3461029
Dark.Leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queenhoneybee » Mon May 22, 2017 5:48 am

no one knows this one, but i played it all the time when i was a kid on our old windows xp computer
it's called cave jumper
you're basically this guy that's minding his own business down in the mines, except as the time progresses, enemies like spiders, bats,
skeletons, weird blob things and even dragons start to appear.
needless to say, i never got to a dragon as child as i was too scared.. :'D you collect all kinds of neat pickaxes that help you dispose of the bad guys
idk, it's a dumb little game but it kept me entertained <3
    beeadult
    check out myart shop
    1—800—dumbass 🕽
queenhoneybee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mourning.dove » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:50 am

Adding to the list of obscure games, Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals! I honestly wish Disney had done more with this franchise... It's a sci-fi monster collecting game - you explore the world as the protagonist, but the battles are done from the monsters' POV - they can actually move around and attack and stuff!~
mourning.dove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm

I've seen a lot of general dislike towards the original Zoo Tycoon but oh. My god. I loved that game SO much as a kid. I think it might have been my first computer game? I dunno but I recently found a download for it and played a bit and the nostalgia came roaring back. That game is still aces.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me