//- The Shadowhunter Chronicles Fanclub -|

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Shadowhunters - A Shadowhunters Fanclub

Postby Pied_piper » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:54 am

the movie was bad in my opinion, but I liked Clary better in the movie. Simon looked the same, but he was slightly cuter in the series <3 Jace looked plain WEIRD and so did Magnus in the movie.

xxImage
┏──────────────────────────┓
Hi there!I'm always very friendly
and I've never been rude so PM me!
I like Kpop,mostly KNK &Astro, journaling, and dramas
KPOP DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/NyJRGTu

┖──────────────────────────┚
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
ImagexxImagexxImage

xxxImage
═══════════════
xx
xxxxxImage

xImage
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
©~Sig song~Music~Fanfic~Wuji

xx Image
xxxImage
xxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImage
xxxImage
Pied_piper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi3333 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 am

The movie was okay. I liked it because most of it stuck to the book but the ending.... little fast paced. The cast was werid and off. They didn't resemble the characters much and they weren't senpai worthy. I like the show's cast a lot better. The only thing I can say is that this Clary is more whiney and more relying on Jace than movie/book clary. After she found out they were bro and sis she let it go and tried to be friends with jace and was still set on taking valentine down and being a shadowhunter. Here her priorities are free Jace... and......... that's it. If she can get val in the process that's great but the main mission for her here is jace. I hope she can see the bigger picture in the new season. Freeing Jace is great but she needs to take the rest of the nephilium into account when making a decision.
Lexi3333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:00 am

I definitely agree with everyone's statements.

When I read the books and re-watched the movie (because I had watched the movie before reading the books), I realized how off the movie-cast was. Movie Alec seemed much older than he was supposed to be, and Isabelle was more... closed-off, I suppose. In the TV show, however, I think the cast has been spot-on so far. They all look how I imagined them (except for Camille), and the actors play their characters well. I wasn't too happy that they aged-up Maureen with the rest of the characters, but what can be done? There are a few things personality-wise that I think were rather off, including:

- Clary being overly clingy towards Jace. She's always "Jace this" and "Jace that," but doesn't really pay attention as to what her actions may lead to.
    - Jace being rude to Alec when he messed up (before they talked). In the book, Jace was more sarcastic and determined, and not actually rude or hateful. Overall, the way he treated Alec for a bit was total garbage. This was mainly Clary-centric.

Essentially, the producers made the main ship (Clace) seem more focused on each-other than they were on anyone else. Even their own parabatai.

However, I highly appreciate all of the character development we are getting from some side characters (Raphael, Izzy [didn't get as much development in the books as the others], Luke, etc.). It is making all of the characters that much more relatable to us viewers, which is a step in the right direction.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi3333 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 pm

ÈEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
So..... The new season....Won't spoil anything here but below, beware.

Okay... if you're here you've either watched it or ignored my warnings because you missed it. Either way you're in spoiler territory now. So I wanna talk about Alder Tree.... don't remember him much in the books....only that he was a terrible clave leader and outright annoying.. The trend seems to continue here. Jace is already going downhill because of his "demon blood" ......so you want to make it worse with wanted posters? He's starting to hate the clave.... so why not provoke him? On the topic of clave leaders let's go to lydia. She's a new character entirely, so I have no knowledge of her. I'm glad she's supporting Izzy , Alec, and Clary... Really bucking the trend of horrible clave leaders/representatives. OF COURSE MARYSE HAS TO RUIN THIS... In the books, yes she was terrible, but not this bad. She was...against Jace yes, but wouldn't go as far to kill him. And Jocelyn...wow. I know she only is trying to kill Jace because.... well..I won't spoil that.. I'll just say we're all missing some key information here, accept valentine. Valentine knows..this.. so he's using it to manipulate Jace. Anyways wow! Straight out the gate! HEY LET'S KILL OUR SON! Let's also leave our daughter alone with a vampire! No food, water, or communications! Great plan Jocelyn! I know she trusts Simon but Geez! What if she would've died and they couldn't get out? Would Luke find them in time? Ugh... Valentine taking the arrow for Jace.....don't know how to feel about that....

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE....Clary and Izzy training together! Loved that so much. Also the Malec! Loved seeing them grow. YES! Can't wait for next week! I think this season has 20 episodes? I may be wrong I just remembered hearing that somewheres. Also the new intro...is so beautiful :) Can't wait for someone to post it so I can watch it over and over. Free-form usually adds an episode a day or two after it airs, so if you missed it, be sure to check them.
Lexi3333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollowfall. » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:13 pm

The new intro is actually posted on the Freeform Channel or something so you can watch it over and over again. I loved the new episode and the production has gotten so much better! Aldertree is really annoying me and Simon is so cute. Also, it amuses me how Valentine randomly started making spaghetti for his son after torturing him. Also, I feel so bad for Alec right now and what he must be going through. It's also nice to see Magnus and Alec making it through a tough time and just yeah. :D
hollowfall.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi3333 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 am

The spaghetti is actually a reference to one of Jace's early birthdays. In the books,(was it mentioned in the show?) he loved his father's spaghetti so much that he wanted to take a bath in it! Valentine was actually cool with this and made it happen for his birthday. The morgensterns are strange..
Lexi3333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollowfall. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 am

Very strange... And yeah, they mentioned something along the lines of how Jace loved it in the episode? I've yet to read the books as I have like 4 other books waiting to be read, along with the first TMI book which I kind of started.

I'm so excited for Episode 4!!! I think we finally get another MALEC kiss which is going to be super awesomeee. There's also going to be a demon in the Institute and by the looks of the promo, Alec has blood all over his hands and Isabelle's eyes are black... The promo also stated 'A Shadowhunter's Life Will End' which kind of concerns me? I don't know if they mean an actual death is going to happen in the episode or if there's some sort of different meaning behind it but I think that it'll probably be someone like Lydia or Hodge?
hollowfall.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LKP12321 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:39 am

MAJOR TV SPOILER DO NOT READ FARTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY WATCHED EPISODE 4

So I loved the first season of Shadowhunters, but the second is just so far off from the books that I'm already starting to hate it at episode 4. Clary and Izzy being more friendly was nice, but what is up with Alec? He's way too distant and serious. I get it, his parabatai disappeared and is with Valentine, but why can't he do something helpful instead of yell at everyone? I swear, no one shows actual emotion, they just snap at anyone who tries to help. Also, poor Rafael! Aldertree burning Rafael with UV rays made me hate him even more than when he did all the banish(? it was something like that) Jace/ track down Jace/ house arrest for Jocelyn and Clary/ all the other awful things. One last thing, why did they kill Jocelyn?! The previews for the next episode say Clary will try to bring her back, but that probably won't work. I absolutely loved the books. I've read The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, and the first of The Dark Artifices, but this show is starting to become a mess. Rant over.
Trading welcome! I sell my extra tokens for 3C$ each
LKP12321

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pied_piper » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:28 pm

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED PAST EPISODE 4 OF SEASON 2

I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK WHEN I FOUND OUT THEY KILLED JOCELYN. THE ROMANCE BETWEEN MAGNUS AND ALEC IS KILLING ME AGHH. I wonder what Sebastian will look like too! They introduced Maia, so maybe they will add him in soon?

xxImage
┏──────────────────────────┓
Hi there!I'm always very friendly
and I've never been rude so PM me!
I like Kpop,mostly KNK &Astro, journaling, and dramas
KPOP DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/NyJRGTu

┖──────────────────────────┚
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
ImagexxImagexxImage

xxxImage
═══════════════
xx
xxxxxImage

xImage
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
©~Sig song~Music~Fanfic~Wuji

xx Image
xxxImage
xxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImagexxxxxxImage
xxxImage
Pied_piper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:47 pm

Season 2 | Episode 5 | 1-30-2017

Tonight's episode was absolutely beautiful.
    I would like to confirm that Jocelyn has indeed passed. :cry:
    There was this cute Magnus and Alex moment, which of course I loved.
    What I did come on here to say that in the preview we will all definitely be seeing more of Malec!!

Not really, though.
    The funeral at the end of the episode was stunning and made me tear up.
    It's really amazing on how they created it and I hope that you all enjoyed it also!

Now we wait until next week.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me