Warrior Cat Pet Peeves V.2

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: I'm going to start a war, I can feel it.

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 am

Terrä wrote:
      I'm probably going to get punched for saying this, but.
      I think Cinderpelt didn't need to become Cinderheart. Her accident was tragic, sure. She wanted to be a warrior - but she grew as a medicine cat. I think she taught others that its possible to carry on after the unthinkable. I can see why they made the choice to give Cinderpelt the chance to become a warrior-- but I feel like it dampened her story and the triumph her plot-line involved.
      I'm gonna book it before I get shredded now, kekeke.

I think they should have kept quiet about the reincarnation and just let us fans figure it out on our own, that way no cat will look at Cinderheart as if she IS Cinderpelt and have certain expectations of her. It puts too much pressure on Cinderheart and its completely unnecessary since the whole point is to let her live out her life, as a warrior or medicine cat, the point is that its her choice this time and it hasn't been made for her.
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Warrior Cat Pet Peeves V.2

Postby NurseMikan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 am

Alright let me seeee
1. Squirrel X bramble. Ashfur was better he loved her soooooo much but no she picks brambleclaw! Then lies to Brambleclaw about the kits afterwards! To me Squirrl is a player AND a liar.
2. Dovewings Marysueness. I mean she's cool N' all until she met Tigerheart. While they became secret mates
Bumblestripe had been trying to show he loves Dovewing so much and I think it's adorable! But at the gathering she's LIKE SQUIRRELFLIGHT! Like Skrew your feelings Bumble. He was so heart broken! So I kinda ship BumbleIvy.... and Hawkivy... don't judge me -3-
3. Hollyleaf came back to the books, then died
The book later. Hollyleaf is my fav, she had a hard life not being one of the three, Having to find out of father is a windclan cat, Her birth was a lie, Ashy Threatened for revenge and she thought she did what was right
Killing him off..... uh? Yea but holly didn't deserve to die.
(Nobody probably agrees with me :,)
NurseMikan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

She called it sweet revenge

Postby Herä » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 am

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:
Terrä wrote:
      I'm probably going to get punched for saying this, but.
      I think Cinderpelt didn't need to become Cinderheart. Her accident was tragic, sure. She wanted to be a warrior - but she grew as a medicine cat. I think she taught others that its possible to carry on after the unthinkable. I can see why they made the choice to give Cinderpelt the chance to become a warrior-- but I feel like it dampened her story and the triumph her plot-line involved.
      I'm gonna book it before I get shredded now, kekeke.

I think they should have kept quiet about the reincarnation and just let us fans figure it out on our own, that way no cat will look at Cinderheart as if she IS Cinderpelt and have certain expectations of her. It puts too much pressure on Cinderheart and its completely unnecessary since the whole point is to let her live out her life, as a warrior or medicine cat, the point is that its her choice this time and it hasn't been made for her.

This is true. It still makes me angry though. I know her dream was to be a warrior. But even so; sometimes that isn't how life works. I felt like it was an important lesson not only for readers but the cats of the clans. Doing that just seemed to take away the entire point of her life's story.
we are either alone in the world, or we're not.
both equally terrifying.

Herä

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Shaneelps11 wrote:Alright let me seeee
1. Squirrel X bramble. Ashfur was better he loved her soooooo much but no she picks brambleclaw! Then lies to Brambleclaw about the kits afterwards! To me Squirrl is a player AND a liar.
2. Dovewings Marysueness. I mean she's cool N' all until she met Tigerheart. While they became secret mates
Bumblestripe had been trying to show he loves Dovewing so much and I think it's adorable! But at the gathering she's LIKE SQUIRRELFLIGHT! Like Skrew your feelings Bumble. He was so heart broken! So I kinda ship BumbleIvy.... and Hawkivy... don't judge me -3-
3. Hollyleaf came back to the books, then died
The book later. Hollyleaf is my fav, she had a hard life not being one of the three, Having to find out of father is a windclan cat, Her birth was a lie, Ashy Threatened for revenge and she thought she did what was right
Killing him off..... uh? Yea but holly didn't deserve to die.
(Nobody probably agrees with me :,)

Personally, the only parts I disagree with are the parts against Squirrelflight (I actually really like her now after I found out some things I previously thought true weren't actually true)
But with Dovewing, she just always sat wrong with me, and it really went over the edge when it came to her love for Tigerheart
It really irked me when she was so whiny in Bramblestar's Storm
And then she goes and runs away to a church to have his kits, like really?

And Hollyleaf, oh Hollyleaf
You're right, she didn't deserve to die. It really sucked if you asked me! Sure, she was overly obsessed with the code before she got trapped underground, but when she came back out, she'd matured so much! She would've made a way better Three than Dovewing.
[ Other Means To Contact Me ]
Twitter : @IceTabby | Tumblr : @somethingridiculous | Discord : FallenGalaxy

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UR Kob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Call me an old timer (bc its been like years and years, and I'm an adult now) but I highly dislike the new cover art for the re-printing of the original series, and The New Prophecy. I dunno, I don't mean to insult the artist who made them, but its just the concept of them I dont enjoy. I liked the original where there was a landscape with multiple cats, and then a few specfic cats that were focused on. I especially feel strongly about this regarding The New Prophecy's art. It was cool how every cover and the colors went along with the title. It gave off a special vibe, you know? Now its just like "SMACK!" theres a cat! w0w so cool, really transports me somewhere! :\ (sarcasm) Maybe it's just nostalgia and my inner space/adventure/nature loving self talking, but I feel like having close up pictures of cats looking hella digitally rendered instead of traditionally done with an older feel doesn't capture the intent of the books. I know, I know, dont judge a book by its cover but asdfghjkll //imjustramblingnowanditslike1amidkhowtoexplainhowifeel
Pet's name: Bean
UR Kob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frye » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 am

I hate how the Erins are bringing in a ton of kits in the new books. If all just seems very rushed. For example Thornclaw and Blossomfall. Thornclaw seemed kind of married to patrols and all of a sudden BAM, he’s Blossomfall s mate and they have kits. There are just so many undeveloped background characters with no visible personality in Thunderclan. In the old books every cat had a bit of personality and I was sad even when background characters died. But now I’m just here like, “Who is Leafshade again?”

I’m also mad because they didn’t give Needletail enough time imo ;-;
Image Image
Image Image
frye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm

xKobiee wrote:Call me an old timer (bc its been like years and years, and I'm an adult now) but I highly dislike the new cover art for the re-printing of the original series, and The New Prophecy. I dunno, I don't mean to insult the artist who made them, but its just the concept of them I dont enjoy. I liked the original where there was a landscape with multiple cats, and then a few specfic cats that were focused on. I especially feel strongly about this regarding The New Prophecy's art. It was cool how every cover and the colors went along with the title. It gave off a special vibe, you know? Now its just like "SMACK!" theres a cat! w0w so cool, really transports me somewhere! :\ (sarcasm) Maybe it's just nostalgia and my inner space/adventure/nature loving self talking, but I feel like having close up pictures of cats looking hella digitally rendered instead of traditionally done with an older feel doesn't capture the intent of the books. I know, I know, dont judge a book by its cover but asdfghjkll //imjustramblingnowanditslike1amidkhowtoexplainhowifeel

I really agree. I have to build my collection back up from scratch after a fire destroyed my old house, and I was so disappointed not to see Graystripe/Stonefur on the cover of Forest of Secrets. Instead, I think it's Silverstream or Mistyfoot in close up??
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 1nova » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

i don't like how in the newer series, it's not as "realistic". i get it's a fantasy series but cats with powers? i prefer the first series where it was all about battles between the clans and fighting villains ect. also, i don't really like how in AVOS, nothing big happens. i feel like it's more about a cats everyday life in the clans.

i haven't read the books in a while so i don't really know what im saying lol, i probably make no sense but oh well
1nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UR Kob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Lokisaurus wrote:
xKobiee wrote:Call me an old timer (bc its been like years and years, and I'm an adult now) but I highly dislike the new cover art for the re-printing of the original series, and The New Prophecy. I dunno, I don't mean to insult the artist who made them, but its just the concept of them I dont enjoy. I liked the original where there was a landscape with multiple cats, and then a few specfic cats that were focused on. I especially feel strongly about this regarding The New Prophecy's art. It was cool how every cover and the colors went along with the title. It gave off a special vibe, you know? Now its just like "SMACK!" theres a cat! w0w so cool, really transports me somewhere! :\ (sarcasm) Maybe it's just nostalgia and my inner space/adventure/nature loving self talking, but I feel like having close up pictures of cats looking hella digitally rendered instead of traditionally done with an older feel doesn't capture the intent of the books. I know, I know, dont judge a book by its cover but asdfghjkll //imjustramblingnowanditslike1amidkhowtoexplainhowifeel

I really agree. I have to build my collection back up from scratch after a fire destroyed my old house, and I was so disappointed not to see Graystripe/Stonefur on the cover of Forest of Secrets. Instead, I think it's Silverstream or Mistyfoot in close up??

THANK YOU, I'm so glad that someone else agrees. I'm so sorry to hear about your house and the fact that you have to rebuild your collection. My heart goes out to you <3

A friend of mine from out of state just visited and we became friends via our common warriors love. We visited Books-A-Million, saw the books there, and just went SAVAGE talking about the covers. We're both art majors so we had a lot to say lol. Its really hard to get fur textures digitally and that +the unflattering close-ups/angles just UGH. Even if they added some overlaying handmade textures it'd be better. And we completely agree with you! That, along with a few of the other covers, have cats on the front that don't even make sense! Whatweretheythinkging?!

((Side Note: if you're looking for the originals, try the books stores first. They might be selling the original copies cheap to get rid of them in order to push the re-prints. I never owned Fire and Ice, but managed to get the original print for $2 at Books-A-Million! Original series collection finally complete after like 7-8 years lolol))
Pet's name: Bean
UR Kob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pixelated_Prophecies » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 am

Honestly, I think the clans should allow more loners/rouges to join. It would help prevent a lot of the cousin X cousin or brother X sister relationships in the series.

ImageImage
I'm not currently active here;
my Toyhouse has all my social
media links, and you can find
my TH here.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

William Shakespeare wrote:One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
Pixelated_Prophecies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me