Warrior Cat Pet Peeves V.2

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Warrior Cat Pet Peeves V.2

Postby mattrag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

I'm not a fan of Dovewing bashers. Like, they're awesome people and all, but I never really understood why Dovewing is so unpopular. People say she's whiny, annoying, indecisive, whatever, and then go on to say that she's a mary sue. I get people are mad over Hollyleaf getting booted from the Three for no good reason (that irked me too oorgh) but you can't exactly blame Dovewing. She's actually a pretty well-done character that I can see being a real-life person.

Imma just point something out that I've been dying to say.

I love Bluestar and all, she was my favorite character ever growing up, she's really realistic in personality too. But in Bluestar's Prophecy:

- She's part of a special prophecy.
- She has a sister that she outshines. (Though not directly mentioned)
- She falls in love with a cat across the border, while someone in ThunderClan is also in love with her.

Now, these are kinda vague, but Dovewing also has all of those qualities. But lemme disclaim something: she had these traits when she was Bluefur, not Bluestar. So, just wondering if people would give her a chance, and see how she develops as she gets older; Bluefur seemed sueish, but as she aged she became hekkin amazING. Maybe Dovewing will do the same?
╔═════════════════════╗
🟆 [matt] [he/him] [adult] 🟆
mattrag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Rikchikchik wrote:I'm not a fan of Dovewing bashers. Like, they're awesome people and all, but I never really understood why Dovewing is so unpopular. People say she's whiny, annoying, indecisive, whatever, and then go on to say that she's a mary sue. I get people are mad over Hollyleaf getting booted from the Three for no good reason (that irked me too oorgh) but you can't exactly blame Dovewing. She's actually a pretty well-done character that I can see being a real-life person.

Imma just point something out that I've been dying to say.

I love Bluestar and all, she was my favorite character ever growing up, she's really realistic in personality too. But in Bluestar's Prophecy:

- She's part of a special prophecy.
- She has a sister that she outshines. (Though not directly mentioned)
- She falls in love with a cat across the border, while someone in ThunderClan is also in love with her.

Now, these are kinda vague, but Dovewing also has all of those qualities. But lemme disclaim something: she had these traits when she was Bluefur, not Bluestar. So, just wondering if people would give her a chance, and see how she develops as she gets older; Bluefur seemed sueish, but as she aged she became hekkin amazING. Maybe Dovewing will do the same?

The thing Dovewing (imo, anyway), is they focus so heavily on her when the Three lost their powers
Unlike Jayfeather and Lionblaze, she got a whole ton of sympathy from her Clan and other warriors when she lost her powers in Bramblestar's Storm, yet all Lionblaze got were warnings and Jayfeather barely got a darn thing said about it except "I thought you couldn't feel our emotions anymore". Dovewing did do a lot of whining, and while I'm not saying you're wrong, I think Bluefur was a lot more well done with it than Dovewing, personally. There's also the fact that when Bluefur did the whole "forbidden romance"
thing, it wasn't super overdone. By the time the Erins did it with Dovewing, people were getting so sick and tired of the forbidden romance that she was chosen as a character to hate along with a lot of other reasons.
I'm personally not a fan of Dovewing because I don't like her attitude or how the focus is heavily on her about the loss of powers (Yes, I know that it must've really sucked to lose super senses, but come on, what about some focus for Lionblaze and Jayfeather?
I have to agree with Lokisaurus, Lionblaze seemed really underused. He could've used way better development.)
I would've liked to hear more about Lionblaze and Cinderheart and their kits!
Bluefur, though, like I said, I think was a lot more well done regarding what happened to her. Within her own book, my biggest complaint is how she met with Oakheart once outside of a gathering and was suddenly pregnant with his kits. Personally, I would've liked to see more development between the two before she was suddenly having his kits! But other than that, she just seemed kind of better done than Dovewing

Also, I just read Spottedleaf's Heart not long ago, and can I just say, Are you kidding me???
I was practically open mouthed in surprise when I saw Spottedpaw with a crush on Thistleclaw! Imo, it just doesn't fit with her overall personality, but that's just me

Oh, and Onestar's death in AVOS? Honestly felt so anticlimactic, it's not even funny
He and Darktail fell in the lake and weren't seen again... What a way to go, am I right?
Honestly glad that Onestar's gone. He wasn't that great of a leader, imo. He was a lot better as a warrior. Much nicer and way more mellow and friendly.
[ Other Means To Contact Me ]
Twitter : @IceTabby | Tumblr : @somethingridiculous | Discord : FallenGalaxy

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamiltontrash » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

I agree with Dovewing haters. When Omen of the Stars was taking place, she pretty much tried as hard as she could to make everything about herself. Not to mention while getting with Tigerheart(star).

Also I have to say that it seems ThunderClan is the most affectionate Clan in the forest. All the other Clans seem hostile whenever they get visitors from outside or the other clans. ThunderClan seems like the only Clan who might have a little sense. Though Mistystar seems to have a bit of wisdom?
00h sh00t a r@t
hamiltontrash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 am

Small spoiler (?)
Typically, siblings are apprenticed at the same time, no? Even if one plans to be a medicine cat. And I've read that medicine cat training takes a lot longer than warrior training
In Pinestar's choice, Moonflower is still Moonpaw when Goosefeather already has his medicine cat name
I don't know about you, but this doesn't make much sense to me and really bothers me :<

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:13 am

Knight Toucan wrote:
Small spoiler (?)
Typically, siblings are apprenticed at the same time, no? Even if one plans to be a medicine cat. And I've read that medicine cat training takes a lot longer than warrior training
In Pinestar's choice, Moonflower is still Moonpaw when Goosefeather already has his medicine cat name
I don't know about you, but this doesn't make much sense to me and really bothers me :<

Goosefeather's whole story annoys me so much in that aspect, and this is why I can't understand Cloudberry and Doestar fans. Like, his mentor got him apprenticed at 4 moons old, full med cat at 7, all because of some prophecy? And Doestar is okay with that?? I'm pretty sure that breaks the code they love so much, doesn't it?
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Pony CharactersPet Adoptables
Image Image

This account is shared by two people.
{Bbun types normally.}
[Toxi signs, centers, and smalls her posts.]

~Thanks to Twilight Sparkle for our avatar!~
~Thanks to dizzy blossoms. for our siggy!~

Toxi+Bbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaDoggy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:44 pm

How Ivypool trained in the dark forest and how Hollyleaf died so soon after coming back
Does anyone read the survivors dog series I LOVED them
Zi
AlphaDoggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Knight Toucan wrote:
Small spoiler (?)

Goosefeather's whole story annoys me so much in that aspect, and this is why I can't understand Cloudberry and Doestar fans. Like, his mentor got him apprenticed at 4 moons old, full med cat at 7, all because of some prophecy? And Doestar is okay with that?? I'm pretty sure that breaks the code they love so much, doesn't it?

(I hadn't read Goosefeather's Curse yet when I read that ;-;)
To be fair, it was Doestar who insisted on it
No where in the code does it say a cat can't be apprenticed as a medicine cat that early, though I have to agree that I find it absolutely ridiculous
Could they not have waited 2 moons? And then with his full name at only 3 moons of training! How much sense does that make?!
Being a medicine cat isn't just about visions from StarClan, as Cloudberry said like three different times in that short story

Also! I read Mapleshade's Vengeance, and can I just say, wow? At first, I thought Mapleshade was ridiculous and just kind of...
mean for no real reason. But upon reading her back story, it's no wonder she hates ThunderClan! They punished helpless kits
because of the actions of their mother. And Frecklewish, I can't believe she stood and watched the kits drown, even if she thought they were going to be saved. Frankly, I can't say I think all the deaths were deserved from Mapleshade, but I can see why she hated ThunderClan. It was totally unreasonable to exile kits because of their mother's actions. I can understand exiling Mapleshade, what she did was wrong, but they basically sent young kits out to die.
Not only that, Mapleshade never directly said that Birchface was the kits' father, everyone just assumed. Her probably was that she let them believe it.

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:34 am

Knight Toucan wrote:
Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Knight Toucan wrote:
Small spoiler (?)

(I hadn't read Goosefeather's Curse yet when I read that ;-;)
To be fair, it was Doestar who insisted on it
No where in the code does it say a cat can't be apprenticed as a medicine cat that early, though I have to agree that I find it absolutely ridiculous
Could they not have waited 2 moons? And then with his full name at only 3 moons of training! How much sense does that make?!
Being a medicine cat isn't just about visions from StarClan, as Cloudberry said like three different times in that short story

Also! I read Mapleshade's Vengeance, and can I just say, wow? At first, I thought Mapleshade was ridiculous and just kind of...
mean for no real reason. But upon reading her back story, it's no wonder she hates ThunderClan! They punished helpless kits
because of the actions of their mother. And Frecklewish, I can't believe she stood and watched the kits drown, even if she thought they were going to be saved. Frankly, I can't say I think all the deaths were deserved from Mapleshade, but I can see why she hated ThunderClan. It was totally unreasonable to exile kits because of their mother's actions. I can understand exiling Mapleshade, what she did was wrong, but they basically sent young kits out to die.
Not only that, Mapleshade never directly said that Birchface was the kits' father, everyone just assumed. Her probably was that she let them believe it.

Nah, it's fine, the book has been out for a few years but perhaps I should've still hidden it as spoilers... I haven't read any books myself after Mothflight's SE so I'm relying on what I do know. The fact DOESTAR insisted on it makes it 100x worse imo - the fact nobody speaks up (Goose's mom was going to but backs out at the last minute) is especially annoying. Like yea leader's word is law but it'd be more realistic for someone to disagree. That's an interesting loophole you pointed out there - the normal apps have to wait 6 moons but med cat apps have nothing said about them. I'll note that for later usage :D

Mapleshade's novella I did read a lot of... Yeah no offense I can see why she did a lot of the stuff she did. Also while she could have spoken up about it, it WAS an established thing in the original series that queens don't have to say who the father is - sadly this is ignored in the later books.
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Pony CharactersPet Adoptables
Image Image

This account is shared by two people.
{Bbun types normally.}
[Toxi signs, centers, and smalls her posts.]

~Thanks to Twilight Sparkle for our avatar!~
~Thanks to dizzy blossoms. for our siggy!~

Toxi+Bbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am

Toxi+Bbun wrote:Nah, it's fine, the book has been out for a few years but perhaps I should've still hidden it as spoilers... I haven't read any books myself after Mothflight's SE so I'm relying on what I do know. The fact DOESTAR insisted on it makes it 100x worse imo - the fact nobody speaks up (Goose's mom was going to but backs out at the last minute) is especially annoying. Like yea leader's word is law but it'd be more realistic for someone to disagree. That's an interesting loophole you pointed out there - the normal apps have to wait 6 moons but med cat apps have nothing said about them. I'll note that for later usage :D

Mapleshade's novella I did read a lot of... Yeah no offense I can see why she did a lot of the stuff she did. Also while she could have spoken up about it, it WAS an established thing in the original series that queens don't have to say who the father is - sadly this is ignored in the later books.

(I was already planning on reading the novella and read it (And Thunderstar's Echo) before actually replying)
Frankly, Doestar's reasoning is ridiculous, I have to agree
Like, why make him an apprentice at 4 moons over being able to see dead cats? I get that it's a gift/curse, but couldn't he have just spent more time with Cloudberry as a kit and then became her apprentice at 6 moons like every other kit?

And about Mapleshade, yea. It's even said in Bluestar's Prophecy, too, when Bluefur chose not to disclose who the father of her kits were
And Mapleshade even said "I'll be raising these kits alone" when prompted. Granted, that paved the way for them all to believe that Mapleshade was bearing Birchface's kits, but it was really wrong of the whole Clan to assume, even if Mapleshade said nothing against it (which she should've)
Just, the way they treated Mapleshade really gets to me. There was frankly no reason to exile her and helpless kits out of the Clan just because their father was in a different Clan. And frankly, even when they knew it was Appledusk, she could've pleaded innocent for him.
Speaking of Appledusk, he makes me mad, the way he just turned on Mapleshade like that, right after all her kits drowned.
Frankly, if any of the warriors she killed deserved death, it was him in my opinion. What he did was awful and conceited. If he didn't love Mapleshade, then why lead her on like that for so many moons? That's just cruel if you ask me.

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I'm going to start a war, I can feel it.

Postby Herä » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm probably going to get punched for saying this, but.
      I think Cinderpelt didn't need to become Cinderheart. Her accident was tragic, sure. She wanted to be a warrior - but she grew as a medicine cat. I think she taught others that its possible to carry on after the unthinkable. I can see why they made the choice to give Cinderpelt the chance to become a warrior-- but I feel like it dampened her story and the triumph her plot-line involved.
      I'm gonna book it before I get shredded now, kekeke.
we are either alone in the world, or we're not.
both equally terrifying.

Herä

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me