Showing an Image Map on CS

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Showing an Image Map on CS

Postby neamrel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:41 am

i've created an image map for myself (an image with clickable links in it) that i wanted to use in my signature here on CS, the only downside is that it was made in html format and i know that CS is strictly a BBCode site.

i've been trying for quite some time to find a way to code/upload my image map into something that BBCode will recognize, but no luck. for the CS events though, they do use image maps to navigate to different areas that are a part of that event to take you there. i'm positive they are able to manage because all webpages uses html for coding.

i'm certain that there has to be a way to allow myself to show the image map in my signature and have it work, but I simply haven't been able to find anything.

any help is appreciate!!

edit:
      i'm also aware that there is a tutorial already on CS on how to make image maps, but i had tried that one before with results i wasn't happy with (gaps showing in my images) mine was strictly made through html/photoshop and i just want to know if there is a way for me to be able to show the image i've made in my sig. almost like a .png or .jpeg
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Showing an Image Map on CS

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 am

hiya endless
    One way to achieve this that I can think of would be to use this method and this method in conjunction. There wouldn't be any gaps between your images but obviously it wouldn't be quite as specific or advanced as it would be with html.
    Apologies if this is what you meant by the edit in your post though, I wasn't sure.

Here's a really basic example, you can see the image looks as though it's all one image but the four different "buttons" link to different things. Here's the code for that if that's what you're going for!

Code: Select all
    [size=1][left][url=link 1][img]top%20left%20corner[/img][/url][url=link 2][img]top%20right%20corner[/img][/url]
    [url=link 3][img]bottom%20left%20corner[/img][/url][url=link 4][img]bottom%20right%20corner[/img][/url][/left][/size]

ImageImage
ImageImage

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Showing an Image Map on CS

Postby neamrel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:42 am

thanks aaron, i suppose i will simply have to go with that route instead of what i initially planned as this will definitely fix the little hiccup i had experienced.

thanks!
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me