Adoption Board Rules: MUST READ. (Updated: March 6th 2017)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Adoption Board Rules: MUST READ. (Updated: March 6th 2017)

Postby Tess » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:34 am

This forum is for people offering pets/items to be given away for free

This is the only place where you should be looking for free pets or items. You are not allowed to randomly contact players to ask for free pets or items, unless those players have said they have free stuff to give away. Otherwise you risk annoying other players by assuming they don't really want their pets, or that their collection is somehow less important than yours.

Topics must follow these rules. Topics breaking these rules will be deleted or modified by moderators or admins.

General Adoption Board Rules

1. Only make a topic in this board if you have pets or items that you're giving away for free.
2. Don't make topics asking for free pets or items. If you want free stuff then browse the other topics in this board.
3. If you require people to visit another website or click something to get a pet then this is not considered a free adoption. You should post these requests in the "Other Websites" Board.
4. Don't force adopters to fill out long/detailed forms. It is not considered a free adoption when participants have to spend a lot of time to be able to receive something. Adoption forms which require art or stories do not belong in the "Free Adoptions" board. If you want other members to draw art or write stories for you, create a topic in the "Art Competitions" Board.
5. Be careful to follow the adoption rules of the player giving things away. Don't ask or beg for pets or items which aren't offered as part of their free giveaway.
New rule as of March 6th 2017
6. Do not create topics / giveaways that encourage spam. This includes threads that offer prizes to users who make the most posts, encourage users to post many times, or otherwise promote spam.

When all pets are gone, please change the topic title to 'CLOSED - Please Delete' so that people stop sending you new offers and mods will know they can remove the topic.

Adoption Centers

If you want to help out other players by opening an adoption center, you first must read and follow these rules.

1. Don't create topics asking for donations before anything can be adopted yet. If you don't have enough pets to open an adoption center with, then don't open one.
2. If you're taking donations, you must be willing to accept ALL unwanted pets. You can't just collect a certain outcome, species or rarity.
3. You can't force users to donate when they are adopting. Donations must be optional, or else your topic belongs in the trade boards, since your pets aren't really free to adopt.
4. Any donations received MUST be given away for free in your adoption center. You can't keep any donations for your own personal collection/trades. If you don't want to continue with your adoption center, send donated pets back to their original owners or send them to the Pound.
New rule as of January 25th 2017
5. Users may not offer, promise, or accept requests for specific pets that they do not currently own on their account. This means we do not allow "Dreamie Centers" or other similar threads.

If you decide to close your adoption center, you must either:
  • continue to give away the remaining pets until you run out OR
  • donate all of the remaining pets in the adoption center to the Pound or another adoption center.

Raffles & Lotteries

If you want to give pets away in a 'raffle' format, you can't charge for tickets or entry fees.
This is a free adoptions board. You must let people enter raffles for free.
Explain clearly what people can win, and how they can win it (e.g. let them guess what number you're thinking of)
You can take donations to add to the prize pool, but the donating has to be optional and you can't give the donators any benefits or a higher chance of winning.

Other

Do not create topics offering a prize to the person who makes the most posts, or reaches a certain number of posts. These topics just encourage pointless spam, which we don't want.

Don't make topics where posters must "gift the person above them". Unfortunately these topics don't always work out, as some posters fail to send any gifts.

Do not create topics where participants must fill out lengthy forms. It is not considered a free adoption when participants have to spend a lot of time to be able to receive something. Optional components which ask for art or stories do not belong in the Free Adoptions forum. If you want other members to draw art or write stories for you, create a topic in the Art Competitions forum.

Do not create gifting games where users other than the thread creator must gift others to play. They become an invitation for spam and for users to beg for pets. If you make a thread in this board you must be the only one giving away pets for free.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoption Board Rules: MUST READ. (Updated 11 Aug 2012)

Postby llamadelrey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you! People weren't posting that they were closing, and some were keeping he pets. New rules=better community.
llamadelrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny x » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you tess. The rules are clearer now
roѕalιnanιna
ιѕ мy ѕιѕтer.
pleaѕe don'т вan нer.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 2 people.
I have received 7 gifts.
Bunny x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thє dσctσr » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Glad we got that last rule up there c:
♡ ♥ ♡

✿ I am seeking the 09 UR Dog send me a trade with him ✿

∞ ISO C$ ∞

☆ current goal : reach 5000 with my fox hoard ☆

thє dσctσr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noven., » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Thank you! This will really help.
Noven.,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Growling Wolf » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks for the new rules!
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Why hello people who may be reading this! I'm The Growling Wolf, but feel free to call me wolfy! I'm a friendly British girl, who loves a chat, so feel free to PM me! I love horror, youtube, books, surfing, autumn and wolves!
Pet's name: Autum queen
The Growling Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zynka » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you Tess for that last rule. C: Now I know why they dont allow those types of topics.
Nothing here.
Zynka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taako » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 am

Thank you for updating these rules Tess. Many adoption centers were asking for things.
Formerly known as Yurio
Want items? I've got 'em! Pets? A lot are locked, but I've got those, too!
Bid in my auction! Multiple sets of old pets and items, mostly from 2011 summer event https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3909168
Taako

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zynphera » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 am

Thank you so much, Tess! <3
infj • 18+ • just lurking once in a blue moon nowadays
Zynphera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistress Shadow. » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 am

Thank you so much for updating the rules, Tess! Hopefully now that they're easier to understand they will not be broken as often.
~~~~
Mistress Shadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me