How To Start Your Own Artshop - V.2.0

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: How To Start Your Own Artshop - V.2.0

Postby ede » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am

Paper.dragonflies wrote:
Wayward Sister wrote:"Can I accept commissions with CS pet designs? Yes, you can. However, you can't accept payment or make a profit off the commission."

Does that include charging people for making art with a CS design?

I'm confused about this as well. So, you can't get paid for your artwork if the artwork features a CS pet? This seems a little... strange. Yes, making profit off of someone else's intellectual property isn't okay, but this is more like commissioning someone to draw a fanart piece (i.e paying someone to draw your fav pokemon) and I don't understand how one can say you cannot be paid for your time and work. Is there a link or post where a mod or site rule clearly states this?

I've done a bit of searching around and it turns out you can!
I've edited the information on the post, sorry for the confusion!
I must have got it mixed up with adoptable, because you can't accept payment for those C:

Atwood wrote: For CS designs, the rules regarding art/adoptables depend on the situation. If someone specifically commissions you to make art of a CS pet or combination of CS pets, as in this case, it's fine to do so, whether it's free art or paid. What you can't use CS designs for is premade adoptables (i.e. you make the adoptables ahead of time and then others buy/adopt them from you), or combining CS designs to create premade 2nd gens to give away or sell, as the design isn't yours to adopt out to someone else. However, CS designs can be used for demos, ads or free-access freebies that anyone can use as opposed to being actual individual adoptables. :3
Found here
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Mark uwu

Postby demus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:09 am

any advice on my artshop? i'm going to add my art examples now, but any??
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3649613
^^^^ link

deviantart (clickable!)

toyhouse(clickable!)

any pronouns

i like animals, art, music, & reading
i like talking so feel free to pm me

here's my (trade thread!)
demus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:30 am

sandydragon wrote:Hey sorry if this is not where I'm supposed to post (Please pm me and I'll delete my response if so), but are you allowed to accept USD for commissions/have it as a payment option? My friend wants to start an art shop, but is unsure if that is allowed, thank you :>

You are not allowed to accept real money for payment anywhere on CS.

Pęnguin wrote:any advice on my artshop? i'm going to add my art examples now, but any??
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3649613
^^^^ link

I don't quite understand your question, but you should have examples!! How do people know what their art will look like? c:
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camelia2 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:40 am

Hi, I have a question. Which is the best site to upload my art to so I can share it's url link, but be sure it doesn't end up stolen? Which one is the most used by other artists?
Is tinypic good?
Camelia2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Mon May 21, 2018 12:13 pm

camelia2 wrote:Hi, I have a question. Which is the best site to upload my art to so I can share it's url link, but be sure it doesn't end up stolen? Which one is the most used by other artists?
Is tinypic good?

I personally prefer DeviantArt's stash as it is safe to use and private and it's easy to use.
Stash is good against getting things stolen as you can link specific things to people so they view either a whole folder or a single image.
I think DA is the most common used, this is only a guess though!

TinyPic is not a very good site at all, I have had issues a few years ago where all the images changed themselves and it was a nightmare. It's also overrun with ads which is not a good thing if you redirect your customers there.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kurochi!! » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Bump! This is was very useful, I was reading this before starting my own Art Shop.
kurochi!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roses are rosie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:52 am

mark, making a shop soon

she/her ;; bi ;; intp ;; hufflepuff ;; libra
violinist \\ english \\ mandarin
artist // writer // procrastinator
---
interests: warrior cats, kpop, anime, classical music

roses are rosie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ease » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:44 am

hey so i have a question - what sites/programs/digital softwares/etc. do you guys recommend for digital art (that are perferably free)? ^^;

also for pixelated drawings/animations?

thanks!!
ease

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am

ease wrote:hey so i have a question - what sites/programs/digital softwares/etc. do you guys recommend for digital art (that are perferably free)? ^^;

also for pixelated drawings/animations?

thanks!!

Fire Alpaca is a good free one, you can do pixels in it but not sure about animations.
Krita is a free digital art program as well which is really excellent for animations, hope that helps!
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me