PPS Types.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: PPS Types.

Postby Bricat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Pandion wrote:
Sunset42 wrote:Waaaaaiiit...wouldn't the box count as a blanket stage?

...huh. Never thought of it that way. I suppose it could, although the other birthday dogs come out fully grown...and there aren't multiple outcomes out of a box, usually. (I wasn't here for the CS birthday pups last year, so those might have all come out of the same box, but I don't really know for certain and the archive doesn't say, so I'm assuming they didn't. ^^ Please don't kill me if I'm wrong. XC)

I didn't mean the CS B-day pups, I mean't these ones:

EDIT: and the Grinning Pups.
Bricat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 pm

The grinnings didn't come from a box =3 It was the red one that was shown and we got them "Full-grown" XD
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandion » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Sunset42 wrote:
Pandion wrote:
Sunset42 wrote:Waaaaaiiit...wouldn't the box count as a blanket stage?

...huh. Never thought of it that way. I suppose it could, although the other birthday dogs come out fully grown...and there aren't multiple outcomes out of a box, usually. (I wasn't here for the CS birthday pups last year, so those might have all come out of the same box, but I don't really know for certain and the archive doesn't say, so I'm assuming they didn't. ^^ Please don't kill me if I'm wrong. XC)

I didn't mean the CS B-day pups, I mean't these ones:

EDIT: and the Grinning Pups.

If by Grinning Pups, you mean these guys:
Image (also in various other colors)

then you're referring to the CS birthday pups. If not, I've got no idea what you're talking about and thus probably shouldn't be saying anything. XD

(Thanks for the corrections, guys. I like not having to remove my feet from my mouth every time I go to say something, lol.)

Also, for clarification on my last post, since I seem to have caused quite a stir, the first sentence was sort of a blanket observation on birthday pets in general, regarding the possibility of the box being treated as a blanket stage. The parentheses was just me wondering about that specific example, since I didn't know if it/they met the requirement of coming from a box.
I'm gone. Thanks for the fun, CS!
Pandion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bricat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I have no idea what most pets on CS are called. Oh yeah I have to go soon.
Bricat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 am

Sunset42 wrote:The Grinning Cs B-day dogs, the 2010 dogs, and the purple birthday dogs seem to fall under the unamed category. I find it strange that all of this are from 2009-2010.

No no, you forgot the 2008 Halloween PPS ;3
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bricat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Bullet wrote:
Sunset42 wrote:The Grinning Cs B-day dogs, the 2010 dogs, and the purple birthday dogs seem to fall under the unamed category. I find it strange that all of this are from 2009-2010.

you mean the Devil PPS? That has the PPS tag...And the Roadkill foal is an EPPS.
Bricat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Sunset42 wrote:
Bullet wrote:

you mean the Devil PPS? That has the PPS tag...And the Roadkill foal is an EPPS.

No, Bullet said 2008, not 2009. This is the 2008 Halloween PPS:

Anyways, I don't understand why you guys think it has to have a blanket stage in order for it to be considered a PPS. PPS stands for Peter Pan Syndrome, which simply means that the pet will never grow up. All pets stuck in the puppy stage or newborn stage will never grow up, regardless of whether the PPS tag is there or not, and regardless of whether the pet had previously grown or not. Equi even said that she would have included the PPS tag on her roadkill newborn, but didn't because it made the image look to crowded, not because she didn't think it was a PPS.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoBook » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Perhaps the Grinners etc. should be called Honorary PPS. Anyone?
Hmm.
IndigoBook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bricat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Once their are more suggestions, I may add a poll.

And Coalchaser, I'm not saying it isn't a PPS, I'm just saying their should be names for diffrent types of PPS. Like how their are Quarter Horses and Throughbreds. You don't always call them just horses.
Bricat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Coalchaser wrote:Anyways, I don't understand why you guys think it has to have a blanket stage in order for it to be considered a PPS. PPS stands for Peter Pan Syndrome, which simply means that the pet will never grow up. All pets stuck in the puppy stage or newborn stage will never grow up, regardless of whether the PPS tag is there or not, and regardless of whether the pet had previously grown or not. Equi even said that she would have included the PPS tag on her roadkill newborn, but didn't because it made the image look to crowded, not because she didn't think it was a PPS.

I don't think we've been saying that, at all. I, at least, was remarking on the correlation between having a blanket stage and the tag being there for most of them (roadkill newborn and ornament newborn excepted) and the lack of a "newborn/blanket" stage for the ones that don't have the tag. I'm pretty sure it's understood that they're all PPS, regardless of whether or not the pet has a tag saying so, though.

Sunset42 wrote:And Coalchaser, I'm not saying it isn't a PPS, I'm just saying their should be names for diffrent types of PPS. Like how their are Quarter Horses and Throughbreds. You don't always call them just horses.

Agreed.
I'm gone. Thanks for the fun, CS!
Pandion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me