Dear CS Staff...

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Dear CS Staff...

Postby Rosalind » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 am

Tess wrote:Dear Spock,

I really loved your letter, it makes me feel warm n snuggly inside to hear your story of your time at CS ^__^ I remember your target dog, it was so funny, and it's made even awesomer to think about how much fun you had getting a reply from me :D

I began the site sort of accidentally, never intending to run a site this big, in fact I recall once being astonished when we reached 1000 users. That seemed like HEAPS. Me and nick still giggle everytime we reach new and ridiculous records for monthly pageviews and such - I mean really, it's hard to believe how much this site has grown, and quite unintentional xD

so I guess, in my mind CS is still just a personal website of mine, and it would be unthinkable for me to completely disappear from the community. I like talking with other users, it's fun for me to see other people enjoying their time here. It's what makes it worthwhile. I think people here tend to put me and other staff on a pedestal, and treat us like we're celebrities, but I don't see us that way. I'm just an ordinary girl, and I know how it feels to be 'just another member' on a site like this. I also know how exciting it is to make contact with someone you admire for whatever reason, and it's a strange feeling to be able to give that to someone.

When I was younger I found pet sites and other art sites to be really inspiring. One site in particular had an oekaki board and all the members drawing on it were incredibly talented at drawing cartoon wolves and things. That's when I started drawing animals. And eventually that led to me making the first CS adoptables. So I think one of the greatest outcomes of this site is that it inspires more people to draw and create. Everyones gotta start somewhere, you should have seen my first attempts :lol: so keep practising with coloring your templates and you'll see improvements over time :)

thankyou very much for your letter, and thankyou to everyone else too :D remember without you guys, there wouldn't be a job for me, so you're just as important as I am! :mrgreen:

<3

*gaps* My post is before the great Tess's! lol CS does inspire me. I have been drawing, on paper, my cs pets. (Not much since I just joined) I'm improving, and it's all thanks to CS. Thank you again!

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!
I used to be a General Helper
so if you are looking for any help send in a help ticket. CS's amazing team will help you!
I'm not very active anymore, although I occasionally pop on so replies to PMs and trades could be slow.

[Character Thread] [Fursona Thread]

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keatchi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks so much for the letter, Tess, I enjoyed it bunches.
<3
I'll keep drawing!
:3

Rosilind wrote:*gasp* My post is before the great Tess's!

XD

edit; Guys, I made a banner, so if y'all want to use it, its code is in the second post. owo"
#skateboarder #bilingual #surfer #poet #panrom #ace #transnb
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

my sibling Cinnamon. and i often trade as well as use the same IP adress.

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizbutt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Yush, the staff are wounderful :3

You can call me a L I Z B U T T

{coffee lover}
Sign: Gemini

My username use to be Carry.
Lizbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aquisedragon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

I agree completely! I love this site, and everybody in it. I am not a social butterfly in the least bit but seeing all the nice people on this site I want to interact more. Thank you, everybody, who makes this site a great place.

and Tess, I think we praise you and put you (and the other staff members) on a pedestal because you are "ordinary people" you are down here with us, and aren't on a high horse. Again thank you.
aquisedragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:19 pm

First non-Tess reply :3

I read it all, and thankyou for it.

I know i'm not (really) an artist and I just mod and make items, but i'm really happy when people enjoy them and dress pets up with them, makes me feel like it was worthwhile.

I don't think this place would be half as nice if all the staff weren't ordinary, sociable people who like to interact. That's what makes each of our responses to distress calls and forum issues just that little bit more meaningful. We really want to look after the community and keep it safe and clean for everyone. We do so as a team, we are united ^^

<3 love.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:31 pm

I completely agree ^^ The staff has always been so nice and friendly,and Im just amazed how sociable everyone is.But the best thing about Chickensmoothie staff is that they arent afraid to joke.Im still laughing about some of the Tessas quotes,like the one about the new forum board and Nick x3 Thus,Ive always looked up to Nick-hes the best coder Ive actually met-on other sites,like Neopets,Ive never seen anyone whos a staff member or coder 0.o .Im still inspired by him when Im coding my pokemon game or when I tried to code the PHP codes for my website-I just dont understand how he keeps all that in mind xD Great work,I wish you all guys even more pageviews, new members and everything else for this site to beome the best adoptable site ever ^^ (even though Chickensmoothie already is the best) ^^ <3
I am not selfish.I am catfish.Not selfish.

ImageImage

Dead account- I am now found HERE
3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keatchi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:33 pm

The ChickenSmootherz team!
<3
#skateboarder #bilingual #surfer #poet #panrom #ace #transnb
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

my sibling Cinnamon. and i often trade as well as use the same IP adress.

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawulf » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Applause for the CS Staff - best on the 'net!!

(and Spock, I nearly shed a tear at the 'Live Long & Prosper' *gives Vulcan hand sign* :D) :ugeek:
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 pm

That was a beautiful letter, Spock. (Yay for Star Trek)

I'm glad you find it nice here. I know that's what kept me here. I don't usually stay on a site too long. I grow quite bored with them but here, it seems to be more of a family. I'm just glad I can contribute to it's success and try to keep it friendly and helpful. As Vampiric said, it's a team effort and everybody can help with that. *hug* ^^

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bangarain » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Totally agree <33

The CS staff are awesome, as well as everyone here--when :I joined so many people welcomed me, and I felt comfortable right away. I've met so many people, and I also love how much the mods talk to everyone and how kind and friendly everybody is. <3 I could pretty much go on forever on this topic--I've made so many friends on this site, so many people are generous and caring, despite the few who aren't, it's a really friendly, welcoming place, and loads of fun, too!:D
Plus--the art side of this site, well, pretty much what it's based on. xD I've improved so much since I joined, my art is so much better than when I first started, I found my first post with art and it's just so awesome to see how much I've learned and improved. And this is not just with me, there are so many great artists on here, it's really cool, and t helps me so much <333 And I'm sure lots of others feel the same way, too C:

Aah, kind of long post x3
bangarain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me