Worst Mistakes While Trading

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Worst Mistakes While Trading

Postby Scarlip » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 am

Nico wrote:
BlackJack wrote:
Nico wrote:Oh, this trade still haunts me. I was very new, had just created a forum account and Nick had just added all my & Posie's pets to my account.

This was my warm welcome to CS trading albeit via the hard lessons route.

Yup. Few will have made such an epic trade mistake and sadly all too many would gladly brag about it in the Good Trade thread.

This is the primary reason I actually take pride in ensuring I do not rip off newer players.

I know that person who sent the trade. No, she did not try to rip anyone off! She is one of the nicest persons i know, and maybe you have noticed that she registed in January 2009 too. She was a Newbie too, and did not know what the pets are worth. I think it's just mean saying bad things about her, or even sending her bad PMs about that trade. It was not only her fault, you both didn't know what the pets were worth!

The trade speaks for itself. I've said nothing bad about anyone.

I haven't initiated any messages about this to anyone. I have, however, responded to two PMs the trader sent to me today. If a Mod or Admin wishes, I'm completely happy to forward those for their consideration.

To bring us back on topic, as I said, the trade speaks for itself, and it remains the worst trading mistake I ever made.

Well, I just wanted to say that, because the person who sent the trade recived bad PMs. Many people got a wrong view of this story, and I think that it was not only my friend's fault, as she was a Newbie too when that happened (and the rarities weren't showed yet). I think that you both have 50% of the debt. My friend for sending it, you for accepting it. That's only my point of view...xD Some players seem to think she was a player who wanted to rip you off. I am 100% sure she didn't know that it was an unfair trade, that's why I wanted to say this. Yeah, sure, I know it is an unfair trade, no matter how new she was, I just think it's no fair of some players to send her bad pms. I hope that, whoever did, stops now. ;D
Scarlip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prism » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 am

The exact same thing happened to me so i traded my malk egg , then i saw the new archive so i wanted to trade it back but that person already put it in the pound
I'm not really interested in the trading side of CS anymore so I'm trading pets for C$ and FR currency,
feel free to send a PM or suggestion!

{May the odds be ever in your favor.}
Prism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebonpyre » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 am

My mistake was being too generous. I accepted every trade offer I got. Man, was I really stupid.
I see now the rarity of some of those pets and sorely wish I hadn't given them away >.<

"I just know when my partner's in trouble."
ebonpyre @ toyhouse
#40180 @ flight rising
Ebonpyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nico » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 am

BlackJack wrote:Well, I just wanted to say that, because the person who sent the trade recived bad PMs. Many people got a wrong view of this story, and I think that it was not only my friend's fault, as she was a Newbie too when that happened (and the rarities weren't showed yet). I think that you both have 50% of the debt. My friend for sending it, you for accepting it. That's only my point of view...xD Some players seem to think she was a player who wanted to rip you off. I am 100% sure she didn't know that it was an unfair trade, that's why I wanted to say this. Yeah, sure, I know it is an unfair trade, no matter how new she was, I just think it's no fair of some players to send her bad pms. I hope that, whoever did, stops now. ;D

I hit the accept button, so there is no question that responsibility for the trade is exactly one-half mine. I have never stated otherwise.

The fact remains that if I had made such a trade, I would be mortified to discover I had even inadvertently made a trade which was so obviously unfair. If, as in this case, I had even had it pointed out to me when I was auctioning off one of the pets involved, I would fall all over myself to make it right. Believe what you like about intentions, however, none of that has happened here.

This trade is one of the reasons why I regularly edit trades from players who over-offer. Plenty are content to complain & mock newb-offers, however, few are willing to actually spare a moment or two to explain the concepts of rarity and relative worth to newer players.

We were all new at one point. Hopefully, now there is a rarity value visible during trade transactions, there will be no more trades like the one I showed.
Note to Mods: Posie’s my daughter
"A little nonsense now & then is relished by the wisest men." ~R Dahl~
Nico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheDearHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 am

traded my rainbow pony for c$ but this was when that whole c$ was new i couldn't help myself! xD
ImageImageImage

~previously known as moo<3~
TheDearHunter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sweetcuddlelemon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

I traded my Super rare Advent July '08 for a few uncommons and items .______.

Stupid me.
[center]Please call me Kookie, or Kookieroachalala!

This is my apple! :D
Tess wrote:
Australia09 wrote:there also the quote tess saying something weird trend

I shall test this....

.... 'something weird' !!
Sweetcuddlelemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 am

Well...I have to say one thing.
That trade is a thing between Nico and the other person (and YES I know this person) and all you others should just stop sending this person all those stupid PMs.She didn't do that because she wanted to rip Nico off AND she already thought about giving pets back but what she's doing is NOT the business of anyone except her and Nico.
I get really angry when I hear of people sending other people hate PMs even if they don't have to do anything with something.God, calling someone else bad and behave worse.

Sorry.Just had to say that v.v

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:57 am

I agree with what Cohlybrie said :/ Just drop it and leave it. It's already happened. There's nothing you can do about it.
The rarity system wasn't in at the time, and you have to admit, the green-nosed rainbow dog does look rare (not to mention it was considered rare for its month).

Anyway, back on topic...
My biggest mistake was using all my multiple galaxy dogs and Septembers for practically every single pet I missed. I checked some of my older trades not long ago; seriously, a black-eyed galaxy for a common advent I already had? :?
Oh, and yes, giving away most of those galaxies and Septembers for free :roll: Some were for my friends, though, and they still have the pets I gave them. Which makes me happy 83

I also regret trading my Jewellery Sundog for the Dogtag Moon ._. I think I have a chance at getting another one now, but... I had offered a sorbet and some other rares and I was winning the auction.

The only other thing is trading a non-coon and a blue sorbet for a sunback. Shouldn't have added the sorbet. Gah.
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:01 am

Yes, I gave pets to my friends for free, too, and they still have them.That's what makes me happy because that were lots of october 08s and september 08's, too (one og them the red rose pps I'm missing now xD) but I think I don't regret that.
i just wish I never had traded my own clear eyed galaxy for a blue panda rat - which i got a few days after the trade v.v

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Narwhal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 am

Bramblepaw wrote:I put in the wrong message, thats probobly the worst.

not compared to trading a gray dragon! i accidentally pushed accept! but i got it back. :oops:
The Narwhal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me