Amusing CS ads

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Amusing CS ads

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 am

Just what kind of sense does this make? :lol:

If you see an ad which you think is offensive, please report it to staff.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Amusing CS ads

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 am

-Firestar- wrote:Image

It makes a whole lot of sense. In third world countries even a single chicken can mean the difference between starvation and survival. You need to get your priorities straight before you think its funny... :|

EDIT: Any newcomers, please don't comment on my idiotic statement above. Read furthur down the thread and you'll discover how I successfully put my foot in my mouth on this one.
Last edited by ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 am

Ohh, have you seen the one of those with the dancing sheep? XD That one's great.

I keep seeing 'Snuggies for Dogs' ads, which is even more ridiculous than the regular cult-robes...

Aurorastar wrote:

It makes a whole lot of sense. In third world countries even a single chicken can mean the difference between starvation and survival. You need to get your priorities straight before you think its funny... :|

You have to admit it sounds amusing though. How often are you ordered to give someone chickens?
Massive food drives like that destroy the country's farming system, actually. You send all this food over, the people stop buying food from the farmers or stop farming themselves and destroy the economy further.

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:53 am

Pura wrote: Massive food drives like that destroy the country's farming system, actually. You send all this food over, the people stop buying food from the farmers or stop farming themselves and destroy the economy further.

True, but the idea of these ads is that you're actually buying a family a means of survival, the actual animals themselves. Thus you're providing them with a constant source of food and income. A great cause if you ask me.

Heifer International's another good company that does it, it actually supports the country's farming because you're enabling them to actually farm

When I first commented though I only saw the screenshot he gave, and now I've seen the ads myself. Its true that the chicks running across the screen are mildly amusing... But the ad on the whole still makes a lot of sense to me.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am

Aurorastar wrote:

My 'priorities' stand thus, just how many people can say 'oh, I have some extra in my basement. I'll go get them now.'?

I still think it's funny thank you very much.
Last edited by Shian on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:18 am

I personally don't like those ads. Sure it seems like a good cause at first but I guess the common sense in me can see past the advertising company's attention-drawing ads. I mean gosh, sure the cute little picture shows a kid hugging the baby animal but do you really think its going to be like that in real life? No. First of all, the animal more likely than not won't be treated well and when it finally stops constantly producing for the people, they'll just chop it up as a thanks for supposedly saving them. Yippy. Great cause. They act like animals are just simply objects of use which any person with a working mind and heart can see isn't true.
Sorry but thats my word on it. No offence to people who are all for the cause. People can have opinions so please don't attack me.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spaceferrari » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:20 am

It's funny 'cause, you know, "Give Chickens", ChickenSmoothie, etc...
Don't shoot me.
._.
breonna taylor.
spaceferrari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 am

YetAnotherMember wrote:It's funny 'cause, you know, "Give Chickens", ChickenSmoothie, etc...
Don't shoot me.
._.

I thought the same *scuttles away*
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FeatherTail » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:24 am

-Firestar- wrote:
just how many people can say 'oh, I have some extra in my basement. I'll go get them now.'?

LOL
Actually, you send the organization money, and they buy a chicken and give it to the family, and educate them on how to care for it and such. The chicken lays eggs that the family eats, and they give the baby chicks their chicken produces (if they get a male & a female) to another needy family in their area. They also sell the eggs to make money to buy other items and foods that they need.
.....................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
FeatherTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:26 am

-Firestar- wrote:
Aurorastar wrote:

My 'priorities' stand thus, just how many people can say 'oh, I have some extra in my basement. I'll go get them now.'?

I still think it's funny thank you very much.

Oh wait I will go get my spare chickens out of the closet XD......
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me