Discussion: Lets talk about the community

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Discussion: Lets talk about the community

Postby master of spaz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:01 pm

This doesn't really fit into the current discussion's track of rarity and demand -

But I friggin' LOVE this site during the holidays.

The Good Trade Thread explodes with people showing off new gifts! And holibombs, Dec 18, Secret Santa, and LOLO are the kindest threads and communities during the cold season. So many stories, kind words, selfless gifts and it's a whole lot of fun and games. LOLO has the most special place in my heart.

I don't know if the community changed much because of this, my account is only as old as 2014 - but it sure has changed the holidays.
announcements:
light off

tRaPpEdBiRd wrote:you truly are:
Spazzy
as in:
spectacular
you got spunk
your full of spaz! (good type!)
master of spaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:31 pm

As a very old user here, I agree. The trading community has changed a lot. It's all because of demand, too,
and forced demand and greedy demand. I've also noticed that in any normal trade or swap, most people I try to trade with expect overpay. That's the main difference in a lot of the trading community here on CS nowadays compared to before. It drives me insane when trading. I remember just the difference in trading even a few years ago, where you would work out a trade. And yeah, it took time. There was a lot of going back and forth and editing, but that's the point. Nowadays it's completely different. (and please don't write me off as a grumpy old CS user being nostalgic lol, the trading part of CS is actually a legitimate problem)

However, the CS community is quite lovely and wonderful. The staff is helpful, hilarious, complete nerds, and amazing; some of the other older users I stalk know, like from the Rare's list thread and etc, are awesome, too.
And as Spaz said, people from Holibombs and Secret Santa and etc are just sooo super sweet and nice. Really a good group of people.

Hopefully when the new rares list comes it'll give it a move towards a healthier trading community.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storme » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm

although this isn’t really related to the rarity/demand discussion, i do feel like i’m coming across a lot of anti-hoarders. sometimes i don’t understand their reasons against hoarding? as long as the hoarder obtained their pets fairly, then it should be fine, right? just because they have 10+ of a high-demand pet does not mean that all of a sudden you can’t find them anymore - with patience & time, you should certainly find another user with the same pet up for trade.

sure, it may be frustrating seeing them with so many of a pet you really want, but if hoarding is their preferred way of playing cs then i don’t see what’s wrong ^^ although i do respect those who are anti-hoarding and i’m not trying to force them to change or suddenly like to hoard, if that’s what it seems like i’m doing! i’m just curious as to their reasons against it.

if this is too off-topic i’ll remove it? i guess it somewhat relates to the community discussion but it’s just something i’ve noticed while trading ^^
Last edited by storme on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello, i'm storm!
used to be flurries, jessuki, lexi, lyrics
storme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Cookie1992 wrote:What Im refering to in the first quote is how all year round trading went. Sometimes you would take a loss but be happy with what you got none the less, the next time I would be the one that would take a loss but again be happy with the trade. These days I often see people canceling a trade they felt really good about, only because some other player tells them they should ask for just those few rares more.

No offence but I do not find "go find yourself off-site tradeable stuff" very helpful advice, Im playing here because I like this; that doesnt mean I like to play FR or what ever else there is. Also Im by no means making sneers about anyones intelligence; I just have the feeling people tend to blindly follow others or worse a guiding tool. This is meant as any form of rant topic, I ask for peoples view on something I have ran into for quite some time. Id actually like to see if anyone out there has an idea to get a friendlier trading community, not just for me but for everyone and especially newer players.

If I eventually get the pets I want or not, that is not the discussion what so ever.

Honestly there are users that still trade according to what they actually like rather than what others tell them they should like, I'm one of them. It may be naive of me but I do think more people are coming to see that just because the list or someone else tells them they should like one pet over another doesn't mean they have to follow that. I think with trading though it really does depend what you're trading for and who you're trading with. I have almost every non-list pet (apart from rats which were low priority & a couple of high demand pets that go for lists like the August PPS) and for the most part collecting them was pleasurable and as some of the others have said you really see the good side of the community when you're not trying for high demand/list pets. Just look in the monthly & event swap threads at all the people who offer litter swaps even when they personally don't need anything.

I completely understand where you're coming from as far as offsite trades. I use offsite trading but have found it rather crazy that in order to get ahead in collecting what I really want on here I have to play other games I'm not as interested in. It is definitely a way to get the pets you want on CS though.

As I said in the other thread sure there are a few bad apples but I don't think all the whole community is broken and the best way to counter balance the problems of demand & the bad apples is to refuse to feed demand by refusing to pay the ridiculous prices and each of us trying to be as kind and honest in trading as we'd hope others be towards us.

As the sayings go, be the change you want to see & the little things can make a big difference. Things like kindly explaining why you're canceling a trade rather than canceling without a message or with a rude message; editing an unfair trade to be fairer with an explanation rather than just canceling, even if you end up just offering a simple monthly swap most people will appreciate that you took the time; simply not paying the ridiculous demand prices (if you don't like demand don't feed it); consider accepting an offer on your lower rarities that is fair demand & rarity wise rather than canceling because it's not WL; tell someone if they have a valuable re-release pet & don't seem to realise; don't assume everyone who sends you an unfair trade is trying to rip you off - many simply don't know & will appreciate you taking the time to explain for example why a '16 re-release '09 rare is a fair swap for an '09 rare but a normal '16 rare event pet isn't; some of these might seem like little things but they can all make a big difference to someones CS experience and the community as a whole.

I also agree that as much as I would love to achieve my goal of a complete collection it's really the great sides of CS that keep me coming back, things like events & how excited & helpful the community is around them, the CS staff who are happy to get in & joke around and the members who give up their time to try to help others

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm

We do not allow rant threads of any type as they quickly become harbors of negative behavior and bullying. This type of thread has already been locked for the same reason, do not make it again as it is clear that it's still against a certain group of people.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!