The "How much is this pet worth?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The "How much is this pet worth?" Thread

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Welcome to the "How Much is this Pet Worth" Thread
Do not remake this thread.

I will myself.

Please read the following rules before posting!

More useful links below.

Rules

• Please do not double post your question on the same page.
  • Feel free to 'bump' your question to the next page, once a new page has been made.
  • When asking, please provide a name, picture, date and rarity. This is very important!
    Please note: When asking about newly released pets that have 'unknown' rarity, please understand that it might be hard to give you correct advice, as nobody knows the real rarity of these pets.
  • Do not post if you don't know your rarities*.
  • No posting saying "Bookmarking/New thread!/etc" it's spam and is unnecessary. Use your bookmarks function.
  • Do not take all answers to be fact (see below to the first quote).
  • These rules apply to everyone, regardless of who you are.
  • DaDwarf will remake the thread when it reaches around 900 pages.
  • All Tess's rules apply.
  • Please be polite. We are here to help you, but if you act rude/demanding/all knowing, then just don't post here. Won't make us wanna help you any faster if you do. Politeness is key.
  • Please be patient. The world does not revolve around you. People have other things to do. If you can't bring up the patience to wait for an answer, then please don't post here. Won't make us wanna help you any faster if you do. Patience is even more key then politeness.**
  • Please use the search function before asking a question. Don't know how to use the search function? Please read this guide.

*If you are continually posting bad advice to pets and are not heeding the advice of experienced members to learn your rarities before posting, your posts will begin to be reported.

**Saying that 'you don't have time to look through the whole thread' or 'too lazy to search myself'/'no links to rareslist' Will result in you getting a link to the rares list or an explanation on how to use the search function. Just because you are lazy, does not mean we are going to help you. If you won't do some effort for your answer, then why should we? Once again, the world does not revolve around you or your questions, we also have other things to do. Search first, then ask.

Vampiric wrote:The replies on this thread are subject to everyone's personal opinions, and not all replies may be accurate to the true values you are looking for. You are responsible for your own trades hereafter.

Sorren Fey wrote:As it seems to become a really stupid trend, I will post this here as well:

Do not 'hire' mini mods. They produce only more spam and have no power to do anything anyways. If there is spam, report it so it can be cleaned up. Everyone can click a simple report button, no one needs a pseudo title for that.

We have decided not to make a list of 'common' values, because values change. Please check The Rares List Guide before asking about your august/july/advent/valuable pets. If you don't agree with the rares list, don't post here. The rares list is based on rarity, demand and facts. It's made by experienced members.

The first Rarities thread was made by Andy Sixx:

Andy Sixx wrote:
    How Much Is This Pet Worth??

Hey guys! I know that there are many of us who want to know what a pet is worth *before* putting up for auction / up for trade, and as of now there's no real place to find that out! We can find out how rare it is, but given the complexity and the nuances of the rarities of CS pets, that only gives us a vague idea of what it's worth.

Well this thread is meant to take care of that problem! Simply come here, make a post with either the common CS name or a picture of the pet (a picture is preferrable ;) ) asking what the pet is worth, and one of CS' many knowledgable members will come and give you an idea!

Please keep in mind that this thread is meant to only give you an idea of what it's worth. Just because somebody says a pet is worth an Aug. 08 on this thread, that doesn't mean someone will definitely bid an Aug. 08 in your auction. We can only help you decide whether to put it up for auction or up for trade based on what that pet has gone for in the past; we cannot guarantee what you'll actually get for it.

DaDwarf wrote:The 3 month rule is basically trading a pet for any other pet from the same species and rarity, but within 3 months of the release of the pet.

So;
Trading a rare March '10 dog for a rare Jan '10 dog.
Or
Trading a 2012 common rat from september for a 2012 common rat from november.

Please note that the 3 month rule doesn't work for certain pets, the more in demand ones, or rareslist pets C: It also rarely works when skipping years, so be sure to get confirmation if the 3 month rule actually applies on the pet you want C:

December 18th pets do not fall under the 3 month rule. At least not for that date. They may fall under their true-date/true value 3 month rule.

DaDwarf wrote:Do not use this picture, it's for personal use only. Hence, DaDwarf, Hekomi and Pideaux can use it. It's our approval seal.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The "How much is this pet worth?" Thread

Postby beeqlass » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:29 pm

them ?

beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow2204 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:29 pm

cyber; wrote:
      them ?

3 month rule
Shadow2204

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug;‌‌‌‏‏‏‏‏ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Image ?
dear oekaki artists:
my heart goes out to u kings/queens/inbetweens
bug;‌‌‌‏‏‏‏‏

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huggles » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Plains zebra? On the list its worth 3 nons and a blue tox, but how does its demand effect that?

Edit// what about the heavy speckled rat, with demand?
Last edited by Huggles on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im quitting and ISO art! Link to refs and cs thread
Huggles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iconerfatty » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Huggles wrote:Plains zebra? On the list its worth 3 nons and a blue tox, but how does its demand effect that?

1.5 nons due to demand ;-;
x
┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒

She/Her ║ March 10
Hi there! I'm iconerfatty and you can call me
Icon or Iconer for short. I make a lot of silly
typos so I'm sorry if my message doesn't
really make sense. I collect CS bunnies and
I'm 33 away till I have all of them! I live in
Canada C: I'm also quite fluent in Chinese.
©

┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
x

iconerfatty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow2204 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:34 pm

flower boy wrote:Image ?

Tier swap or around 15 mid advents. Usually goes for underpay with demand.
Shadow2204

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostPants » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Blue ice rat x2 = ???

@Gasoline
Im Ghost

My pronouns are She/her

GhostPants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phayraoh » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Gasoline wrote:Blue ice rat x2 = ???

@Gasoline

16 mid advents
feral and forsaken
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pebblick » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:43 pm

What is this pet worth? And what year it is from?
pebblick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me