Can we talk about the zebras?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Can we talk about the zebras?

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:43 am

I'm not sure where a post like this should go,
so I'm sorry if this thread is spam in any way. If it is, staff please let me know before you knock this down ~

or if there is already a thread for this, a link would be nice!

So, I have a legitimate question - just how rare are the zebras? I know that you have a very small chance of getting one out of the horses and pony adopts, but has anyone actually gotten one from there? I have only ever seen new zebras pop up from 18 boxes. As someone who has been a member for years, I have never ever gotten one.

I know that for a time, the horse boxes were no longer giving zebras and that was a feature that had since been reintroduced a few years back. I noticed when I logged in today that one of the Did You Know? panels was also talking about that. They wouldn't put information like that on a board so recent, so I know that they must have brought it back...

So, my question is: has anyone on this website actually adopted a zebra in a regular month? If you have, please share it with me here on the thread, it's something I'd really like to know more about! As much info as you can provide would be great! :)

Thanks, and sorry if this thread isn't supposed to be here,
I just really want to reach out to the community to find out more :D
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can we talk about the zebras?

Postby seti » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I personally haven't, but I have seen at least 3 or 4 that has been adopted in a pony or horse litter so it does happen

mary - she/they - adult

yae miko enthusiast
seti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hexa1012 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Not sure if this counts but this litter resembles zebras. Its from 2017 January

Image My oldest dragon

I trade unfairly with Katrina Welling please do not ban me
Hexa1012

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wlw » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Hexa1012 wrote:Not sure if this counts but this litter resembles zebras. Its from 2017 January

They're asking about the omgsr litter of zebras (grevy's, plains, etc). Not just the zebra lineart.

I've never got one before. I didn't even know that was a thing until like last month.

simon - she/he | art thread
wlw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Every month or so, I'll see someone in the first day post about getting a zebra. Usually it's just ONE user who gets one and has no idea what it is. One month a few months ago there were two people who asked.

So in terms of getting one, I'd say they're about a 1 in 1000 or worse chance. They also take the place of one of the regular pets, and that can lead to some annoyance when it's a very small litter.
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm pretty sure there are about 6-10 new zebras adopted in an average month... Maybe more, depending on the size/quantity of equine litters for the month. And some months don't have zebras if we forget to include them. When the chances are that low there's a good chance that the few adopted were given to newbies, coppa, lurkers and casual players who never post about it in the forum and maybe don't even realize they got something special.

A long time ago we used to also release dragon eggs like that. Admins can check how many were adopted and who got them so when we had something new and exciting I'd be checking who had one and eagerly waiting for someone to post them to the forum and often it'd be a bunch of newbies with 0 forum posts 😔
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Tess wrote:When the chances are that low there's a good chance that the few adopted were given to newbies, coppa, lurkers and casual players who never post about it in the forum and maybe don't even realize they got something special.

I still can't wrap my head around how big CS is. It's easy to forget that even though we see a LOT of people on the forums, the number of active posters is probably really low compared to the number of active and moderately active and active-just-for-the-pets players on CS
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Tess wrote:I'm pretty sure there are about 6-10 new zebras adopted in an average month... Maybe more, depending on the size/quantity of equine litters for the month. And some months don't have zebras if we forget to include them. When the chances are that low there's a good chance that the few adopted were given to newbies, coppa, lurkers and casual players who never post about it in the forum and maybe don't even realize they got something special.

A long time ago we used to also release dragon eggs like that. Admins can check how many were adopted and who got them so when we had something new and exciting I'd be checking who had one and eagerly waiting for someone to post them to the forum and often it'd be a bunch of newbies with 0 forum posts 😔

Man, that's so cool! :P It would be so cool to get one of those on a regular adopt-
who cares about the small litter size when youre that lucky ?? That's like an extra bonus 18th day you didn't even expect!

Maybe someday I'll adopt a zebra of my own.. probably unlikely, but it would make for a super cool story! Thanks for the input, Tess :)
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justina valentine » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Learnt something new today!
Back as of April 2023 x

Mainly on mobile, so my posts/replies may be mistwritten.
justina valentine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lileevine » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 pm

I actually didn't even know it was possible to get zebras like that! The only time I've had a zebra was from an 18 box and I promptly got it scanned from me for a skeleton PPPS and a few rares :') maybe scam is a strong word, I'm not sure how much the person knew about the rarity of zebras either.

Well, that was a few years ago. I hope the people who are lucky to get zebras will be alert enough about their worth!!
✧ || UR pancake/box auction || spotted tribal auction || ✧

» kola/fae
» she/her
» mixed
» central euro timezone

» trades welcome!!
» toyhouse/goatlings @ lavender_kola
» hoarder

Lileevine

My pets
My items
My wishlist