CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Pet Counts for Rarity Ratios - Preparing for Sept 08 Cou

Postby Fizzlebee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:02 am

Law wrote:
Fizzlebee wrote:@Law what would we need to do to prepare your system for the September count? Find an example of each pet we're interested in counting?

Yep, just need a picture of each outcome (doesn't matter if it includes the owner's name at the bottom). I would also like the names as well :)

I believe the only pets on the Rares list from September are Dogs plus the Birthday Tess Horse. Someone feel free to double check me on that. ^^ I can PM you the pictures if that's alright with you.
Image Image Image
Image Image
Fizzlebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:17 am

Fizzlebee wrote:
Law wrote:
Fizzlebee wrote:@Law what would we need to do to prepare your system for the September count? Find an example of each pet we're interested in counting?

Yep, just need a picture of each outcome (doesn't matter if it includes the owner's name at the bottom). I would also like the names as well :)

I believe the only pets on the Rares list from September are Dogs plus the Birthday Tess Horse. Someone feel free to double check me on that. ^^ I can PM you the pictures if that's alright with you.

That'd be great, thanks! (I would prefer images of the pets without the background, so not archive pictures :D)
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:27 am

I think it would be interesting to count the rats as well, though. Sol has brought them up a few times on the Rares List thread and I'm starting to suspect that they just slipped under the radar because they're rats. It could be that they actually aren't that rare, but I feel like they deserve that VR tag... I didn't exactly see a flood of them back in September 2008 =P people liked the dogs a LOT more

Edit: I forgot to mention that I think we got a gifting system on CS in September 2008 (can pull up an exact date if desired). It wasn't a trading system lol it got replaced with our trading system later (November 2008). But it was the first thing that allowed us to send pets to others. This promoted a flurry of adoption centers. Not sure if this means that we have to watch out for certain dates, but I figured I should mention it

Edit2: viewtopic.php?p=42049934#p42049934
^ about the rats; feel free to check the rarity changes archive again to confirm (running out of time here), especially to see when the rays changed in comparison to the dogs

Cake dogs and orange bday horse came out August 30/31 so we might be missing a bunch of them compared to the September dogs but idk what we can or should do about that if anything
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm

I must say, you have a very good memory for stuff from almost 10 years ago.

Perhaps the count should start on August 30? (at 100k?) I agree, counting the rats would be insightful about their actual rarity.

Started with the first 5k (100k-105k)

edit: 100k-120k

If you don't feel like downloading the entire file, here's a screenshot of the summary page. Pets #100,000 to around #117,000 are all from August, so there are much more B-Day than September pets currently.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombies » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

wow, this thread has gotten confusing hahah. i believe some of you might remember me as .grr, well i'm back. i can help with counting if anyone would like!
Tess || She/ Her || Teen
Taking a semi hiatus, slowly quitting i guess. Ive got better things to do.

You might remember me as grr. or .zombie. That account
encountered a bit of drama so im here.
.zombies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzlebee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:18 am

Law wrote:I must say, you have a very good memory for stuff from almost 10 years ago.

Perhaps the count should start on August 30? (at 100k?) I agree, counting the rats would be insightful about their actual rarity.

If you don't feel like downloading the entire file, here's a screenshot of the summary page. Pets #100,000 to around #117,000 are all from August, so there are much more B-Day than September pets currently.

The data so far is really interesting! Seeing the difference in rarity between the Rose outcomes is particularly cool. The rarity gap between the PPS and Red Rose is larger than I had expected. I wonder if the data for them will stay roughly the same or change somewhat.

@.zombies
Basically Law created a program to do the counting for us! Right now we're mostly waiting for results and looking at the data as Law runs the program in batches. Feel free to join the party. ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image
Fizzlebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Fizzlebee wrote:
Law wrote:I must say, you have a very good memory for stuff from almost 10 years ago.

The data so far is really interesting! Seeing the difference in rarity between the Rose outcomes is particularly cool. The rarity gap between the PPS and Red Rose is larger than I had expected. I wonder if the data for them will stay roughly the same or change somewhat.

@.zombies
Basically Law created a program to do the counting for us! Right now we're mostly waiting for results and looking at the data as Law runs the program in batches. Feel free to join the party. ^^

I like that the rares list does a good job of representing the relative rarities. I'm surprised the patchy september appears to be closer in rarity to the floppy september than the striped september. Of course, this may be due to the sample we have now.

30k Update (100k-130k)
Overall summary
Summary split by the release of the September pets

It looks like nickjr and Solloby are right about the rats being rarer than we think. Out of 14k* september pets counted, there are around 400-500 of each rat newborn (panda, leopard, natural, and tiger). Since the panda litter split, there are even less of each outcome. I expect that once people found out that the litter split, they adopted more panda rats.

*The first September litter pet was adopted with ID 115600.

edit:
70k Update (100k-170k) -- 54k after September pets released
Overall summary
Summary split by the release of the September pets

Entire dataset (warning: 14.5MB)

I think this should be enough for a good estimation of the pet rarity? October pets were adopted at ~230k, so there are 60k pets that haven't been counted.

edit2: (thoughts and stuff)
TBH the ratios @ 70k/54k and 30k/14k aren't much different lol. Perhaps in the future, I could do 10k-15k per month, but pick random IDs instead of going in order.

This should give a pretty good idea of the rarity ratios, so I hope it helps for the rarity guide. Going by the raw numbers, each panda rat is rarer than any other pet on the list, so this should be interesting.

Also, what should we count next?
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Awesome script, law! this is def going to help us create a rarity only list O: I can't wait for it all to be done lol

I think it's interesting to see that mostly the rareslist is quite right when it comes to those september numbers. It shows that demand didn't influence placement all that much, especially in the early days that is.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 am

I've been trying to keep up with this thread and reading it at work. A long time ago I asked about a rares list that were about rarities only and was told that there wasn't one because all the pets on the list would have about the same rarity. Logically that didn't sit with me because there's a big gap between being a very rare and an OMGS rare and any one pet could be anywhere in between.

I'm really interested in seeing the actual numbers of any of the very rare pets, especially the rats. People tend to over look and I was one of those people. I left them until the end of my wishlist trading and some are proving very hard to find. It might be too early to ask, but will only 2008 original release pets be counted? I know re releases will be counted as well, but will very rares from 2009 also eventually be included? There are some pets I'm pretty curious about.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 am

If I'm not mistaken, only pets currently on the list are being counted. At this point, we're counting the ones that don't have enough data on rarity changes.
I believe older 2009 pets are going to be considered for the list depending on when they changed faith in comparison to pets already on the list.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery