*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby leru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm

The people working on it just kinda .. stopped talking about it. So I don't really know what's going on with it anymore. :/

Also, deleting the google doc link, here's a Chatzy I made for it so we can keep the document secure haha
    http://us21.chatzy.com/63142981420153
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osborn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm

I really dont think the whole making a new list thing is a great idea. Sure, we need a list, but we need to be patient. We should let people that have more experience do it. I think that figuring out the peach's placement is more important than creating a whole new list. Besides, it will take a while, and nobody is sure of the zonkey or cinnabun yet, either.
Not super active!
Osborn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 pm

my turn
Yes - one day the Store pets will become rarer than normal pets because they had a limited release, but that doesn't warrant the prices they're going for now. While I agree that certain Store pets should be on the List for rarity reasons, people seem to take the fact they're on the List and demand more and more and more. You can't do a fair trade for even the lowest ranked Store pets, such as the Basilisk Litter. Trust me - I've tried. I either get a rude message back because "it's not worth that it's worth more" or no message at all. The Store Horses are worse still, everyone wants them and is demanding / paying much more than they're worth.

For hoarder and richer players - yes I'm going to use the word rich because frankly, it's true - it's easy to pay the demands (or even make them if you're one of those players and buys low and sells high). But they're just fueling the fire. Poorer players and newbies have little to no hope of even getting their foot in the door for List trading unless they're happy to settle on the ones that the makers of the Rares List said were 'not worth their place' or 'worth nothing at all'.

It's taken me years to trade off my Palomino Tess Horse, simply because people won't trade fair or even a slight underpay for it. Because someone once said 'it's not worth that'.

@the lion discussion;
None of them are rare enough to even come close to the List. People are simply demanding more for them because they think it's a List due to the insane demand.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

leru wrote:
    The people working on it just kinda .. stopped talking about it. So I don't really know what's going on with it anymore. :/

Also, deleting the google doc link, here's a Chatzy I made for it so we can keep the document secure haha

What lord smoothie said is right. There are already people who are working on this new rarity list, and have busy lives. You are welcome to pm them and ask to see if you can help but do not go off trying to make your own new one yet. There’s already a lot of work gone into it and you’re jumping the gun. You don’t need to go making your own, and shouldn’t. As I said you’re welcome to ask to see if you can join in on helping the other.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iconerfatty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
leru wrote:

What lord smoothie said is right. There are already people who are working on this new rarity list, and have busy lives. You are welcome to pm them and ask to see if you can help but do not go off trying to make your own new one yet. There’s already a lot of work gone into it and you’re jumping the gun. You don’t need to go making your own, and shouldn’t. As I said you’re welcome to ask to see if you can join in on helping the other.

Agreed.
x
┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒

She/Her ║ March 10
Hi there! I'm iconerfatty and you can call me
Icon or Iconer for short. I make a lot of silly
typos so I'm sorry if my message doesn't
really make sense. I collect CS bunnies and
I'm 33 away till I have all of them! I live in
Canada C: I'm also quite fluent in Chinese.
©

┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
x

iconerfatty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:39 pm

We don't need new documents, we need to find the old ones that the community had started and revive them. We need to give our input to the data already given. I'm all for watching this new wave of users- you guys, taking over, but we need to continue where we left off, not start over.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 pm

I'd love to help kick off a rarity only list! If anyone's looking for it, here's the link to the thread for the other one:

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3452288

Where we got stuck on that one was actually analyzing the data to determine if the differences we saw were "statistically significant", but as I explained on a post there, I don't think statistical significance means what some people thought it meant. (aka it doesn't mean importance)

We're also having some difficulties viewing the data, something to do with the excel filters or something. I think Solloby was going to get around to fixing that so anyone can view the data to help, but they're probably super busy so I don't know when they'll get to it. But I think we did end up collecting just about all the data that can be collected, other than the rereleases, so if we could view the data we wouldn't have to collect it again.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
leru wrote:

It's very possible they come up with their own trading list and use that. Everyone is allowed to value their pets how they want to, right? The stats list can be continued to be worked on while users coming up with their own trading guides and lists. That's how this list came about, believe it or not! The first edition was just a bunch of users values crammed into one list!

I never said that the May Lioness had to be added by the way. Just that we should look at some trades. I haven't seen any ridiculous overpay trades for the May Lioness, literally ever. I've seen people ask an 09 rare or two but it is a 2010 very rare after all.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Shadowflight13 wrote:I'd love to help kick off a rarity only list! If anyone's looking for it, here's the link to the thread for the other one:

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3452288

-snip-

ah thank you much. I was going to try and dig that up for those talking here. Please go there instead and talk with the users here about helping. I’m just worried about messing anything up or confusing things when I know work has already been done.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 pm

I, myself, wasn't able to find any old documents, mostly because I suck at searching for things, which is why I suggested a whole new one, but if anyone has copies of old lists that were never completed, we can use those and work off that. As well as any data for rarer pets, such as the toxics that was mentioned earlier.
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me