*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby kermittzcircuz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 am

Okay uh..
I think that demand for some pets is way too crazy its actually bad
:')
lol i uzed 2 play diz game a lot uhh hi
kermit/donnie they/it demigirl
i like and draw bright funny animalz a lot
grotezque cute iz my favorite type of trope itz good
i rly like happy ahrdcore itz my favorite,ujh idk if it countz az a genre zo
az for medaai i liek i liek homeztuck, minecraft, zparklecare, gregory horror zhow, warrior catz, danganronpa, n other ztuff
kermittzcircuz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrettyFinnicky » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Will the list guide ever be edited? I have a gray malk dragon and am trying for a BMD which should be overpay (according to the guide) but everyone says that a BMD is worth a sorbet...? And for a red cerb everyone says it’s for 2 nons. Is it just that people value them more or is it because the guide is old?

Thank you!
Currently a WIP since I haven’t played in… YEARS. Feel free to send a trade or anything. I don’t bite!
He/they pronouns!
PrettyFinnicky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 pm

captainwolf3 wrote:Will the list guide ever be edited? I have a gray malk dragon and am trying for a BMD which should be overpay (according to the guide) but everyone says that a BMD is worth a sorbet...? And for a red cerb everyone says it’s for 2 nons. Is it just that people value them more or is it because the guide is old?

Thank you!

Those are opinions, not facts. Demand is opinion based and everyone values certain pets differently
In reality, a lot of pets like the BMD, Raven and BA are quite common but people just expect a lot for them. They aren’t WORTH those things, the person you trade with personally values them demand wise that highly
People on the fair trade thread also confuse worth with opinion based values
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrettyFinnicky » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Takk wrote:
captainwolf3 wrote:Will the list guide ever be edited? I have a gray malk dragon and am trying for a BMD which should be overpay (according to the guide) but everyone says that a BMD is worth a sorbet...? And for a red cerb everyone says it’s for 2 nons. Is it just that people value them more or is it because the guide is old?

Thank you!

Those are opinions, not facts. Demand is opinion based and everyone values certain pets differently
In reality, a lot of pets like the BMD, Raven and BA are quite common but people just expect a lot for them. They aren’t WORTH those things, the person you trade with personally values them demand wise that highly
People on the fair trade thread also confuse worth with opinion based values

Okay, thank you!
Currently a WIP since I haven’t played in… YEARS. Feel free to send a trade or anything. I don’t bite!
He/they pronouns!
PrettyFinnicky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am

I'd never really thought about it before but does anyone know why the White Dragon, as a high demand Special Release that as far as I can find was VR since rarities came in, is on the September List rather than the Main? I know we have other special releases such as the cake dogs & Palomino on the September List but they started out Rare so it makes sense with them but all the other Special releases that have always been VR, including the really low demand ones, are on the main list so I was curious why the White Dragon is so low?

Also since the Grey & Red Dragons both went VR at the same time was it just demand that made the Grey be listed at 4 times the Reds value?

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 pm

While this list may have been an accurate representation of pet values years ago, I do truly believe that the current list is quite inaccurate and actively detrimental to many new players. How would you like to be told that your punk dog which you traded for a tier 5 Advent, because people said it was fair, commonly goes for low main lists? It would be one thing if the list was purely based off rarity and that was clear — but it’s not, and this is generally presented as an end-all be all for pet values.

Anyways as no progress is being made, I was wondering what the community’s thoughts on making a new unofficial rare’s list with the values updated is. Obviously it would incoorperate thoughts from the community about pet values, as well as what they’re actually going for now, although the list would be adjusted fairy conservatively. For example, the Raven Dog wouldn’t be put up at 2 nons worth like many are asking for it, maybe 1 at most. Anyways, these values would be a rough guide to pet value and while they certainly wouldn’t be perfect, they’d be more perfect then a list that has great potential (and has) scammed many new players, just for not paying perfect attention to the CS Economy.

Thoughts?

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:26 pm

I would like that, but I'm sure many people are going to say we should wait until a more official one is put up to avoid confusing people /:
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Galaxy Figs wrote:While this list may have been an accurate representation of pet values years ago, I do truly believe that the current list is quite inaccurate and actively detrimental to many new players. How would you like to be told that your punk dog which you traded for a tier 5 Advent, because people said it was fair, commonly goes for low main lists? It would be one thing if the list was purely based off rarity and that was clear — but it’s not, and this is generally presented as an end-all be all for pet values.

Anyways as no progress is being made, I was wondering what the community’s thoughts on making a new unofficial rare’s list with the values updated is. Obviously it would incoorperate thoughts from the community about pet values, as well as what they’re actually going for now, although the list would be adjusted fairy conservatively. For example, the Raven Dog wouldn’t be put up at 2 nons worth like many are asking for it, maybe 1 at most. Anyways, these values would be a rough guide to pet value and while they certainly wouldn’t be perfect, they’d be more perfect then a list that has great potential (and has) scammed many new players, just for not paying perfect attention to the CS Economy.

Thoughts?

You can go by whatever you want yourself but I absolutely do not agree. I believe that expecting a non or more for a store pet that was rare for an entire year when it came out and making people believe that's fair is what should be considered "scamming", not a list like this that takes both the rarity and demand into consideration. I use the Raven dog as an example because you did. The Raven dog is so extremely common for a store pet of its time and anything above where it's placed is nowhere near fair to the user trading for it when taking that rarity into consideration. And that's the same case for a large majority of pets on this list, aside from some of the lower placed URs. While this list takes time to update, I do not and will never support a list based purely or almost purely on "demand/greed" as you are suggesting.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Galaxy Figs wrote:While this list may have been an accurate representation of pet values years ago, I do truly believe that the current list is quite inaccurate and actively detrimental to many new players. How would you like to be told that your punk dog which you traded for a tier 5 Advent, because people said it was fair, commonly goes for low main lists? It would be one thing if the list was purely based off rarity and that was clear — but it’s not, and this is generally presented as an end-all be all for pet values.

Thoughts?

Punk dogs aren’t worth main list pets right now. I could agree, sure, values are going up. Slowly, though.
It’s not detrimental. If you go and rush every store pet to be worth 4+ nons, the entire list gets skewed.

It does have inaccuracies. I completely understand this. You’re saying you want a rarity list? But then also go to say that the punks are worth low mains? Please take this as an example; raven dog. An advent that goes for like, 80 times that value. Does this mean the raven is rare enough to go above the gap? Absolutely not. You want a new list where the raven is worth a non- but it isn’t worth that.

I’m confused at what you’re trying to say here, as it’s almost contradictory, at least the way I interpreted this.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Requiem; » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Thoughts?

I understand that users may want to have a list that validates demand of their pets, but the fact of the matter is - demand is not equal to pet value. It will be many many years before a Punk or a Raven is actually worth a main/non. As even though their demand is one way, their actual rarity is much different. I believe a rarity-only list is in the works as it is, but the issue is that - yes this list is outdated - but there's so much work that goes into a rarity list.

The fact is demand has gotten out of control, and yes its sad that newbies are getting confused on value, but honestly there's no big and grand solution here. People are consistently jumping from one pet to the next to be the next "Im-worth-12-nons" and that is just the way this game is going. If/when the rarity list comes out, that could help improve things, but right now we need to focus on ensuring the current list is as accurate as we can get. We can't just scrap it and make a new one. Especially one that seems to feed directly off demand - since valuing the pets that way seems to be what that's implying.

It just is going to take a lot of time and a lot of energy that many users aren't able to give for a virtual pet game.
Regina -

Theo | They/Them | Adult
Quitting, everything for c$/art

xxxxxxxImageImageImage
xxxxxxxImageImageImage
Requiem;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups