*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby Topsy Turvey » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 am

Just putting a note in on the Peach, despite being one of the most tolerated and possibly even liked fruit, still is stuck with the dreaded fruit demand. Most people say it's worth two sorbets but I struggled to get that out of mine and with December 18th I took the opportunity to trade it for a Black Advent because otherwise I would've had to trade if for a tad over a Sorbet and I've seen a few people now with the same issue.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crystal_Winterz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 am

so I've been looking around in trades, and apparently, people are asking for 2-3 nons for the UR Zonkeu, would this be a good estimate?
Last edited by Crystal_Winterz on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crystal_Winterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mooney » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:28 am

I agree that the zonkey seems to be preferred over the cinnabun, as from day one I've never seen them be swapped 1:1 and the zonkey generally goes for more (from what I have observed).

as for the peach, I see people usually valuing it as 2 sorbets, despite the fact that in geometry's examples they are being traded for nons. imo it should probably be placed somewhere between the spotted tribal and the GWJ.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.
just ur regular, confused
adult! she/they, norway,
pms are always open <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
» So High School «
Taylor Swift
0:13 ─〇───── 3:35
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:57 am

turtle, wrote:
    I agree that the zonkey seems to be preferred over the cinnabun, as from day one I've never seen them be swapped 1:1 and the zonkey generally goes for more (from what I have observed).

as for the peach, I see people usually valuing it as 2 sorbets, despite the fact that in geometry's examples they are being traded for nons. imo it should probably be placed somewhere between the spotted tribal and the GWJ.

i would agree with that placement, as even though i've seen/traded the peach for a non in the past (the noncoon+
cake dog example i posted is what i paid for in 2015 a few days after the peach was released) and i think my other examples are from closer to when the peach was first released as well. other people have pointed out its still a fruit and are more than willing to trade it away for less so, being placed with the GWJ might be more appropriate. it should definitely be above the big gap imo
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tucawt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Thought I would chime in with what I paid for the Zonkey:
click
I'd say that would equal to me having paid a non+ for it, but nothing close to 2 nons. This trade happened in December, so I'm sure the demand could have risen since then.

I also noticed that there seem to not be a lot of zonkeys in circulation? That might just be because people have decided to keep them, but I have not seen them advertised on any swap threads and only a few auctions have been made for them. That might affect their demand and rarity also. In the auctions I did see, however, people were paying roughly what I paid for mine last year: a non and some low main list or a couple advent/sept list. I believe they should be placed above the non, but I'm not quite sure how high to go.

That's all I got! I'm not very knowledgeable about the cinnabun c:
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
🎀

tucawt / she-her

hi everyone!
I've been on CS
for a while, but always
looking for new friends!

always open for trades

always open for art trades

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
tucawt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:54 pm

tucawt wrote:
I also noticed that there seem to not be a lot of zonkeys in circulation?

I have to agree.
There are more cinnamons than zonkeys.
To add, I rarely saw someone seeking for their zonkey a cinnamon.
I usually see people offering their cinnamon for their zonkey.
I searched a long time a swap for the zonkey and offered a cinnamon.
And usually, I got only cancelled trades.
But I did saw someone paying a coontail for their zonkey a few days ago, and really a lot of people value it at 2 nons.
So I would say, the zonkey should get a higher place on the list than the cinnamon.

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kököchin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:16 am

i would like to say from my personal experience of trading this for my zonkey,

has the demand by any chance increased since the beginning of 2017/late 2016?

Before my group with my zonkey and cinnabun were locked, i was offered a lot more trades for my cinnabun.

i was wondering on the cinnabun’s value mainly since i too have been recently seeing users offer much more for the zonkey then before;

do you think the cinnabun would take a place equal to the non tier, a step lower, or a step higher ? just my question there c:

thank you for all responses, i am just quite curious and excited to see when these two cuties get placed ! 💕
kököchin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 am

Kököchin wrote:
    i would like to say from my personal experience of trading this for my zonkey,

has the demand by any chance increased since the beginning of 2017/late 2016?

Before my group with my zonkey and cinnabun were locked, i was offered a lot more trades for my cinnabun.

i was wondering on the cinnabun’s value mainly since i too have been recently seeing users offer much more for the zonkey then before;

do you think the cinnabun would take a place equal to the non tier, a step lower, or a step higher ? just my question there c:

thank you for all responses, i am just quite curious and excited to see when these two cuties get placed ! 💕

I would say that the demand increased a bit, and I feel like people are more desperate for the zonkey ?
i think the cinnamon would take place a bit higher than a non, but I don't think it would equal to 2 nons ^^

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:57 am

i just recently bid in a bunch of auctions for the UR zonkey,and by the end i was pretty desperate for it lol. heres what i ended up paying for one, which similar to tucawt is more then a non but still is a less then 2 nons (if im doing rarity math correctly 1 non + 1 sorbet would put it around the low july area around the UR aussie maybe?)
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me